University of Maine Employee Reviews

Undergraduate Research Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEJune 21, 2017
This is a great place for a student to work. Everyone is friendly. The professors are all really smart and nice. I only worked in one lab, so I can't review the school as a whole, but I liked what I did
a nice atmosphere
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEMay 13, 2017
Working at University of Maine is a good experience. All staff enjoyed a fun time inside here. I do like the atmophere here. Because of graduation, I have to leave it.
I was a student there
Student (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEMay 4, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a student there. The campus is really well planned out and there are many places to go within two hours to fulfill outdoor hobby needs.
Pros
Campus Life
Cons
Cold weather
Good experience
Tight Ends & Fullbacks Coach (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEApril 16, 2017
High quality of life and a family oriented atmosphere. Room for advancement as there is consistent turnover. Embrace the 'Do more with less' thought process
Not exciting
Student Calling Campaign Caller (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEFebruary 7, 2017
It was a standard phone calling gig. I honeslty had fun with the people I worked with, but I was not a fun job to have. I would have rather worked in the tours and talking with people face to face
Good office Environment
Student Ambassador/Admissions Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Machias, ME 04654January 15, 2017
The management is great and it's a great job to have on campus as a student there. I learned how to do administrative work and enjoyed the close bonds I made.
Excellent
Board Member (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEJanuary 10, 2017
Honored to be on the Board at the University of Maine. Excellent to give back to the University. The ability to shape the future for the next generation of Alumni.
Pros
GIve back
Cons
Workers not supported and highly political
Director, Development Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEDecember 1, 2016
Peers and coworkers were nice people but oppressed by political and backstabbing management. No career advancement whatsoever. Generally the job was good - nice people in other departments. Heavy turnover in mid-management due to poor support from upper management.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
No breaks. Long hours. No appreciation.
Professional Organization with Dedicated Officers
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Orono, MENovember 29, 2016
Provided an opportunity to provide law enforcement in a training environment of college students. There were many opportunities for specialized training, such as bicycle patrol and crowd management. the most difficult aspect of the position was a schedule of all nights and weekends (Wednesday through Sunday from 11PM to 7AM) with no rotation of schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to demonstrate the impact of criminal behavior to young students without always needing to charge them with crimes.
Greenhouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEOctober 22, 2016
Learned many skills during my employment with the University of Maine. Very wide array of responsibilities and very safe and well paced work environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low Wages, Short shifts
No room for advancement in my field.
Adjunct Music Faculty (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 31, 2016
The environment was ok, but there are not enough hours available. I'm looking for a job that offers more hours and benefits.
Fun
Executive Chef Aramark (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MEFebruary 15, 2016
I love my position here and am sad to see the contract end. I have worked with and developed programs for sustainability and the allergen students, building relationships with student organizations and staff, worked close with International Students to provide home style meals and cuisine familiar to them.
Pros
come and go as I please
This was a great work experience
Paid internship through University (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEFebruary 1, 2016
Was a great learning experience for me. Got heavily involved in landscape design, plant propigation, and greenhouse management.
Pros
relaxed but intensive work enviroment
Fun and exciting place to work
Presque Isle Library Aide/Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MESeptember 9, 2015
Maintained and organized books, files, periodicals, magazines and newspapers
Maintained clean and adequate amount of dishes, drink ware and utensils for students, faculty and guests.
Pros
everyday was fun
Cons
Great team spirit and .work envronment
Instructor, Adult Education (Former Employee) –  Houlton, MEAugust 7, 2015
Many Challenging Opportunities. Great team environment! They make a great product and are creating many new ones.

I was given great flexibility to create a new product and patent.
Lab Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEJuly 2, 2015
It was a pleasure to be a LA last summer in micromechanics lab at university of maine. I have helped graduate students for their research project by not only placing and testing the specimens, but also generate new algorithms to support their analysis.
Fun and productive University.
Histology Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orono, MAineJune 9, 2015
This is not a workplace, this is where I attended college, and played division 1 sports and maintained a 3.6 GPA in Biology Pre MED. I worked as a Histolgy Assistant part time.
Flagship state university
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Orono, MEApril 6, 2015
There is tremendous autonomy for faculty — and excellent opportunities for professional development. It's best to be prepared to teach on-line, as that is the direction of higher education.
Accounts Receivable Tech (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEFebruary 23, 2015
I really liked this job, the people there were really nice and helped me with every question I had. It was only a temp job so I didn't stay but I would have if I could!
Disorganized and underfunded university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orono, MEFebruary 13, 2015
Completely disorganized, executive leadership has high turnover rate so don't expect the same policies to be in action for more than 2 years. Getting better I guess, but still operating at the whim of the government. Faculty are completely overloaded with courses.