University of Maryland, Baltimore Employee Reviews

nice break room quiet when at lunch.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2015
working at University of Maryland have been a learning experience for me I have learn so much I do EKG,Draw blood.and lots more.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
longer breaks
Management does not support staff
Health Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2015
Management at the Cancer Center often provides unclear guidance and is non-communicative in their expectations. If you are on the wrong track or doing something sub-par, they will not work with you (or even let you know) to rectify the situation until they have decided you have failed at your job, in which case, they still do not create or discuss action plans.

Coworkers are wonderful and the staff wants to do excellent work but the center suffers from low morale due to the disconnect between management and subordinate staff.
Pros
Higher pay than most academic hospitals, will pay for continuing education
Cons
Management styles
No training but huge expectations
Lead HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2015
I was brought in with no training but huge expectations. When mistakes were made, rather than train me to not make mistakes, I was chastised for making the mistakes and not told how to correct. Salary was great, but too much pressure and anxiety
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no job security
Great place to work with great people
Director of Organization and Employee Development (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2015
It was a joy working with the OED team in the Office of Human Resources. the work we did with the Onboarding program will help employees and the university for a long time.
Pros
Off during the Christmas break
Cons
Did not have a Learning management System
Great place to work overall, especially the School of Pharmacy.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2014
The School of Pharmacy is a friendly place to work and the faculty are extremely supportive of Postdocs. It is a great place to work for motivated and hard working individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland, Baltimore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4