University of Maryland Baltimore Employee Reviews in United States

It could be a great place to work if you secure a job in a department with growth potential
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2016
Make sure you secure a job in a department with growth opportunities. The benefits are good and because it's an educational organization, you will get a week off during the Christmas holiday.
Fun environment
IT Computer Operations Personnel (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2016
Fun, relaxed environment where learning is encouraged and collaborative effort is made. Diverse background from the core.
Umms
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
Working at university was a full filling experience. i made many wonderful friends and still talk to them this day. i love working there.
A typical day at work
Accountant - Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2015
I am a budget analyst; a typical day for me begins with checking and sending emails, then stop at my supervisor office for a short meeting where I remind her thing I will do during the day including order of priorities. I may be given other priorities. Then I will go back to my office, focus on my work. After lunch I will continue my work then have a mid day meeting with my boss around 1 o’clock to go over what has been covered so far, provide issues and suggestion then will go back to my office continuing to work. By 5 o’clock I may provide final report of my day physically or by phone then I am ready for a little break before start exercising at the gym or play basket ball.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Parking very expensive
Great Benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2015
good job and good people to work with.The hardest part of the job is the politics and how long it can take to get things done. The most enjoyable part of this job is just coming to work.
benefits
Cons
pay
Its worthy trying.
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2015
As a student, its about following the curriculum. Everything else, falls in place. I liked it, I was able to achieve my goals, but all through hard work.
Great working environment, and wonderful co-workers
Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2014
Working in the office of Student Life and Student Affairs provided provided me with the opportunity to gain a deeper insight/understanding of the many different y cultures of the world via direct communication with students. The learning experience that I gained from working in the Office of Student Affairs/Student Life, was one of the most enjoyable. The experience also provided an opportunity to learn about, understand and respect cultural differences of others from other countries, and in turn, help them to understand the customs of our country. Working in Student Affairs
was a very demanding position, but worth every minute.
Pros
consistent professional development opportunities
Fine place to work if you have a good manager
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2014
good benefits, depends on department, low morale, inferiority complex to Hopkins
Very productive
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Research
Stay in communication with other departments.
New Patient up-date systems.
Good co-works
presentation
task accomplish
Pros
great parking
Great learning Experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2014
My typical day at work is I come in at 6 am review my mail and complete the task that is on my desk or other architects, project managers, engineers, or construction inspectors ask me to do. I learned while working at the job was time management in completing the work, learn how to inspect buildings, the process of design a space, and learning how to sit in meetings with other engineers and construction managers to keep the construction on schedule and keep the cost in budget. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to learn process of constructing a building, getting hands on, and learning the different fields of construction and architecture.
security officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2013
patrolling and or controlling acess inside
Ive learned vital public safety info
Great place to start from the ground up.
IT Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2012
Work enviornment is constantly changing with new technology that promotes challenging atmosphere to deliver innovative products.

Co-workers are great to work with that provide team support and morale. Working together to deliver technology solutions to our users.

Management is very flexible to cross learning (deploying and implementing servers, desktop, network securities).

As with all jobs, the challenge is mainly with users and developing solutions to all their needs.

Best part: Interacting with new and changing technologies. Example: VMWare, deploying Linux/SUSE servers, Novell, and implementing OSX support within environment.
I have gained enormous amount of knowledge in the areas of health disparities, cancer research and community outreach.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2012
Multi-tasking is definitely a skill you have to have to work in a high executive level office. Confidentiality and team work is a must. A kowledge of grant writing and deadlines is important and making/changing flight arrangements at the last minute.
Pros
great benefits and an educational experience
Cons
short breaks
My employer was supportive, attentive, understanding and a hard worker encouraging the same.
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDDecember 2, 2011
The University of Maryland was a wonderful place to work. Much respect and good will
Pros
comraderie
Cons
i had to leave

4.3