University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center

University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 12, 2017
The staff are friendly and helpful; however you were usually short staffed with no lunch breaks that they still take out of your check and barely time to use the restroom. Often, nurses had to work 16 hour shifts frequently! The manager picks favorites and shows it with scheduling and staff floor placement. No management ever came in when on diversion/reroute and short staffed to help out!!!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor management
not satified with this employer
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDOctober 1, 2017
My overall review is lack of respect, racism and non communication with staff. Out of my jobs that I have had this is one job that I will not recommend.
Productive workplace
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working in HR. I had great coworkers. We worked together as a team. We were cross trained. Each one of us could do each other job, We celebrated each others accomplishments.
Pros
employee banquet
Cons
short breaks
family oriented place to work
Nurse Manager Maternity (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 26, 2017
Management tries to staff appropriately within acceptable nurse patient ratios.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with providers that are resistant to change in regards to providing evidenced based best practice care.
The most enjoyable part of the job is serving in the community.
Pros
Pay is competative
Cons
resistance to change
Good staff and management.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 31, 2017
We have poor management , very poor offer salary rate. They must to follow the phlebotomist hourly rate in Maryland which is 15 to 16 dollar per hour unlike DC or Virginia they have excellent offer for phlebotomist job, in DC I believe starting pay is 18dollar to 20dollar and hour and in Virginia I believe starting pay also is 18 to 20dollar hourly.
fun work place
CERICAL ASSISTANT VOULENTEER (Former Employee) –  Charles County, MDApril 10, 2017
A work day at the hospital is fast paced and very informative. The staff is very nice and helpful and patient. Management is also nice and understanding.
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed working in the ICU at University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center. The medical staff there were very professional. Opportunity for advancement and education were provided. The nursing staff is very supportive and helpful to each other, more of a team . The facility provided all the necessary supplies needed to complete your tasks and the supplies were very good quality. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
12 hour shifts for nursing staff, good benefits, great staff, friendly environment
Cons
sometimes had no tech in the ICU, high stress job
A Good Place To Start Out
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDNovember 28, 2016
A great starter if someone is looking to build a professional career in the healthcare field or even for someone who is still undecided about what they want their profession to be.
Love this hospital
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDSeptember 16, 2016
This was the first hospital I worked at I love it. It was nice and big and everyone was so welcoming over John Hopkins is a great company to work for.
Summary
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDFebruary 5, 2016
Best place to work. Employees communicate with one another. I act questions when I am confused. The best part of my work is making sure all of my residents are comfortable. Providing care and treating my resident with love and respect makes my day.
Productive Learning
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MDAugust 8, 2015
Great Orientation And Fun People To Work With Great Atmosphere To Learn.
Great Managers And Supervisors.
Great Place To Start Out As A New Hire.
Good place to work but it has its faults
Registrar (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDJuly 22, 2015
Overall it is a good place to work. I work with a lot of great co workers who make the day go by. We are often short staffed. There is great team work when we are short staffed which is good.
Pros
good group of co-workers
Cons
short staffed alot, work under stressful situations
tony salmon
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 13, 2015
a typical day at work with me is simple I get the job done don't bring extra or outside problems to the work place nor socialize.
Does not honor long time employees!
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJuly 2, 2015
Typical co-workers. Some have work integrity, others don't. Challenging tasks but I like that. Worked my hardest like most of my colleagues but management is so unstable. They see staff mistakes but not theirs.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Unstable Management
Productive and fun workplace.
2E Med-Surg Offsite Telemetry Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJune 17, 2015
Good work environment. Great school system. Near Washington,DC but more of a rural area. Excellent and respectful workmates. Managers and Supervisors are A+.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low salary.
Its a Job
ER (Former Employee) –  La Plata MDJune 15, 2015
I did learn a lot about insurances and helping grieving family members cope with death. Most Co-workers were great, some a little catty, but that's typical when a bunch of females work together. The ER is used basically as a clinic so it stays packed so very busy environment. Upper management is a joke and favoritism is definitely present.
Pros
coworkers friendly
Cons
every other weekend and stuck on a shift before an offer of another comes along
Good
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMarch 7, 2015
This is a great job and has been a great experience. I have learned a a lot from this position. This is a good company to work for.
Advising workplace and taught me how to behave in an office
Volunteer - Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 15, 2015
I was about fourteen or fifteen while volunteering at Civista Medical Hospital, now called St. Charles Regional Center. I was required to be there at 8 a.m. and to stay until 4 p.m. That was a pretty long day for me because I was so young. I was to file patients' folders in alphabetical order, print, and occasionally answer the phone. I was given an hour for lunch and majority of the time I brought my own. The head secretary, who I volunteered under was a really nice lady. I don't think there was anything too difficult about volunteering in the HR Department, but the most enjoyable part would have had to have been learning how to behave in an office setting.
Pros
88 hours community service, learning to file papers
Cons
N/a
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 12, 2015
Great place to work with great people. Liked the interaction with other departments. Always felt like the whole facility was a big family.
Pros
Great staff and co-workers
Cons
No advancement
family enviroment
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laplata MarylandDecember 23, 2014
promote advancement, encourage education, flexible hours.
Really nice friendly people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center Reviews by Job Title