University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center

University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace.
2E Med-Surg Offsite Telemetry Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJune 17, 2015
Good work environment. Great school system. Near Washington,DC but more of a rural area. Excellent and respectful workmates. Managers and Supervisors are A+.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low salary.
Great place to be if you don't want to grow in your career
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 15, 2012
A typical day includes lots of reporting for both the hospital and the University of Maryland, meetings and budget (during budget season).

Here, I've learned a lot about the Maryland health system.

Management could be better. There is a lack of support and mentorship.

The best part of my day are my co-workers. They are very supportive and they all believe in team work!

The hardest part of my day is when I need assistance. This is because for the most part my manager's expertise in is reimbursement and not budget.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
no room for growth, lack of support from management, they treat you as if you are a child, only one budget analyst, benefits
Very stressful environment
Manager, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJune 6, 2012
It was not a friendly atmosphere to work for in the Business Office. It was very stressful and the management expected the staff to work for below market value and expect supervisors and managers to work more that 40+ hours per week without any type of compensation.
Pros
meet some nice people throughout the hospital
Cons
management poor
Its a Job
ER (Former Employee) –  La Plata MDJune 15, 2015
I did learn a lot about insurances and helping grieving family members cope with death. Most Co-workers were great, some a little catty, but that's typical when a bunch of females work together. The ER is used basically as a clinic so it stays packed so very busy environment. Upper management is a joke and favoritism is definitely present.
Pros
coworkers friendly
Cons
every other weekend and stuck on a shift before an offer of another comes along
Good place to work but it has its faults
Registrar (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDJuly 22, 2015
Overall it is a good place to work. I work with a lot of great co workers who make the day go by. We are often short staffed. There is great team work when we are short staffed which is good.
Pros
good group of co-workers
Cons
short staffed alot, work under stressful situations
Does not honor long time employees!
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJuly 2, 2015
Typical co-workers. Some have work integrity, others don't. Challenging tasks but I like that. Worked my hardest like most of my colleagues but management is so unstable. They see staff mistakes but not theirs.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Unstable Management
Productive Learning
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MDAugust 8, 2015
Great Orientation And Fun People To Work With Great Atmosphere To Learn.
Great Managers And Supervisors.
Great Place To Start Out As A New Hire.
Advising workplace and taught me how to behave in an office
Volunteer - Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 15, 2015
I was about fourteen or fifteen while volunteering at Civista Medical Hospital, now called St. Charles Regional Center. I was required to be there at 8 a.m. and to stay until 4 p.m. That was a pretty long day for me because I was so young. I was to file patients' folders in alphabetical order, print, and occasionally answer the phone. I was given an hour for lunch and majority of the time I brought my own. The head secretary, who I volunteered under was a really nice lady. I don't think there was anything too difficult about volunteering in the HR Department, but the most enjoyable part would have had to have been learning how to behave in an office setting.
Pros
88 hours community service, learning to file papers
Cons
n/a
Welcome To Civista
Laplata, MD (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 8, 2012
A typical day at work consist of greeting patients and signing them into the emergency room. After the greeting process is complete, and the patient has received a triage screening, the registration process can begin. From working in this department I have learned about the different insurances and how good customer service can impact a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient tells you, that you've really helped them. In our department we are usually seen as "just getting the money" so when patients acknowledge something that you did for them, it is a good feeling. The hardest part of the job is when patients take thier frustrations out on the staff.
Pros
works with my school schedule, free flu shots
Cons
no advancement in the patient access department
tony salmon
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 13, 2015
a typical day at work with me is simple I get the job done don't bring extra or outside problems to the work place nor socialize.
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 12, 2015
Great place to work with great people. Liked the interaction with other departments. Always felt like the whole facility was a big family.
Pros
great staff and co-workers
Cons
no advancement
family enviroment
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laplata MarylandDecember 23, 2014
promote advancement, encourage education, flexible hours.
Really nice friendly people to work with.
Good
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMarch 7, 2015
This is a great job and has been a great experience. I have learned a a lot from this position. This is a good company to work for.
I enjoyed working here.
Patient Ambassador (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDOctober 2, 2013
It was a great place to work. The management was willing to help me to learn so I could advance in the company. The job here was not really hard at all because all I had to do was go and talk to the patients and find out what would make their stay better.
This was a very busy office but I loved working there with the doctor's and patients
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDFebruary 25, 2014
This was a very busy office, with a lot of sick people that one day you see them and the next day they could be gone. very sad
Pros
we would get lunch brought in about three times a week
Cons
losing the patients to there illness
It was close to home
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  LaPlata, MDOctober 18, 2012
It was a good place to work until they out source the collection
department.
Pros
i was close to home it only took me 30 minutes to get to work
Cons
we had a 30 minute lunch break and twice 15 minutes breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaPlata, MdDecember 27, 2013
Wonderful co-workers. Hardest part of job was dealing with frustrated customers in the Emergency Room.
Pros
free parking
Nice place to work
Applied physician (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDFebruary 17, 2013
Intern there for few months, majority of the people working there are very accommodating and nice to work with, they are all pleasant folks.
Pros
excellent
Great spot
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La plata, MarylandJuly 16, 2014
love my boss very Friendly always nice to me. Helped file charts and type memos.
Pros
summer job
Cons
they taught me how to work.
Productive Work Place
Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMarch 12, 2012
Supportive work environment where employees work together as a team to help accomplish organizational goals.

4.2