University of Maryland Eastern Shore

University of Maryland Eastern Shore Employer Reviews

Comfortable work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDDecember 19, 2014
Great work environment with great people, i loved and enjoyed everything about this job.
Productive and effective place to practice management skills.
Head Manager of the Women's Basketball Team (Current Employee), Princess Anne, MDNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great experience, travel experience, free athletic apparel, hands on management experience.
Cons: 6 a.m. practice.
I take care of all coach and team needs, and make sure both coach and team are functioning. I Attend and prepare daily practices, events, games. I Video record games, and attend to coaches and players on the bench on the game day. Wash and prepare practice and game day jersey's. I Pack and prepare travel bag for away all games. Work collectively and together with other Women's Basketball managers. The hardest part of the job is consistently waking up at 5 a.m. for 6 a.m. practice. I enjoy everything about managing the women's basketball team. Basketball is a passion so I don't look at it as a job because I love to do it. The team makes me feel welcome and like I am apart of a family.
Productive and excellent peers
ACS Project Seed Research Intern (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDOctober 7, 2014
Peers are fun, polite, and excellent to work with. Facilities could use a bit of refurbishing, however.
Awesome Working Experience!
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Internship (Former Employee), Princess Anne , MDSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 40 hrs per week
Cons: traveling
I loved working at UMES, I loved the co workers and management, to bad it was an internship.
Productive work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDSeptember 23, 2014
A typical work day would be very busy, especially trying to work in between classes.
janitor
Library Janitor (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everything was great
everything about this job was wonderful. the location was a great spot. my co-workers and supervisor was awesome.
Loved it!!!!!
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDAugust 12, 2014
I loved this job!!! No complaints! The faculty, staff are very friendly and care about their employees! It is more like a family, and was very fun to work together!
Student Security
STUDENT SECURITY (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDJuly 31, 2014
This job is a good resume filler. Its a work environment ran by the students.
typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job DO NOT include any per
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDJuly 17, 2014
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable
A challenging and consistently growing work environment with wonderful people and excellent benefits
Para-Professional / Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDJuly 1, 2014
There is no "typical day" at work; the work day is constantly changing based on the residents needs. A college campus is never the same two days in a row. That type of environment keeps you on your toes. My co-workers were awesome, some were an absolute pleasure to be around and others were what I'd like to call a "learning experience". The hardest part of the job is to always remember to separate the personal from the business, especially because you live where you work. The most enjoyable part of my job is the day to day interaction with the residents and to be of service to them.
Fun working with the school IT dept
Student Support Technician (part time) (Former Employee), MDJune 28, 2014
A Typical day at work was fun, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning Networking with in hand experiences
Good Benefits
Administrative Assistant/IT Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Princess Anne, MDJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work involves constant interaction with students, who are our customers. Management is fair. Co-workers are like co-workers anywhere--they can be good, and they can be not so good. The hardest part of the job is balancing all duties required, as is synonomous with most every other job. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others (students).
a beautiful place to work
Princes Anne, MD (Former Employee), princess anne, mdApril 9, 2014
Pros: freedom to do your research and come up with the result
Cons: its very demanding
its a nice environment with people that are ready to work with you and encourage you to do better
Busy Work environment
Contract Employee (Former Employee), Student Services centerApril 5, 2014
Nice place to work if compensation, or benefits support relocation to the Eastern Shore of Maryland
A very good place to work
General Manager, WESM-FM (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDMarch 27, 2014
Supportive administration. Great coworkers. Learned that you can find passion in your work.
Interesting College Experience
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDMarch 26, 2014
Pros: personal growth, helping others
Cons: long hours on call, rowdy students
• Completed various clerical duties within dorm office and increased overall productivity of the dorm environment.
• Helped freshman students get acclimated to dorm environment and college life by maintaining a sense of community
Contractural employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: working with others
Cons: contractural employee
Provided adm support for the office.

I learned how to be professional and coordinate career fairs and other events.
fun work place
good food.
free wifi.
Non-Profit IRS Tax Group
Tax preparer (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for low-income individuals or small businesses; Resolve customer complaints. Recommend additional products and services. Hardest part is running into an issue with someones taxes that you a restricted by. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Media Coordinator, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MDJanuary 15, 2014
I was an active student involved on a lot of projects in the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. They allow me to wear my multiple hats athlete to video producer, to office assistant and media coordinator. I had a good time interacting and working with the UMES faculty.