University of Maryland Medical Center

University of Maryland Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good if you have a Kevlar vest and like rules that apply to some and not all equally
Staff Tech (Former Employee) –  St. JoesNovember 17, 2016
Good pay, great location and nice patients and doctors. Administration is HORRIBLE, MANAGERS ARE useless and rules only apply to those they don't like. If they don't like you, they'll be nice to your face and then nit pick everything you do.

They want to fire the older staff and hire students at half the price, and they only care about the bottom line. No Christmas bonuses and it''s a catholic hospital.

Just look elsewhere and the senior staff co workers will try and get you fired if you don't fit into their click.
Pros
Free parking and nice neighborhood
Cons
everything else
Not a great or happy work experience for me.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2016
Best part of this job was the starting salary
At times felt like you had to walk on egg shells
Not a happy work environment
Work really hard and thought everything was okay. Very micromanaged environment.
cool and productive
Observation Technician- Monitor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Baltimore Washington the patients were really cool and I loved my co workers very much. The management was pretty cool just they needed to hire a few more workers. What I didn't like was the fact other staff members were mean and nasty to me and my co workers
Its fast paced and fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2016
employees worked on a line to get patients food trays ready for patients all over the hospital and delivered at a fast timely manner
Pros
everyone does their part to get the work done
Cons
shorts breaks
The experience is what you make it.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2016
Working for UMMC has been a great experience. The organization really takes extra time and goes the extra mile to ensure patient satisfaction.
Pros
discounts from various places
Cons
the price of parking
productive
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2016
umms is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. umms, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy.
Transplant
Nurse Transplant Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2016
In this job my co-workers are great we have each others back and we are all willing to help in any area we can. The hardest part of the job is working 60+ hours weekly.
Good
Clinical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21207July 15, 2016
I love working for this company. The management was amazing. I loved the people who I worked for. This is a very good amagament
Produtive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
use the telephone, computers, and other electronic devices. Despite the widespread use of voicemail or other automated systems it can be very overwhelming I still loved and appreciated my job.
Conducive environment for growth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
UMMMC offers staff the opportunity to grow in their career that is incomparable in the other healthcare institutions in the region. Free tuition to attend University of Maryland, Baltimore has helped countless employees to better their lives. Great team work and management's annual face to face forum to hear from employees on how best to manage the institution is terrific.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Occasional short staffing
Loved volunteering at this clinic!
Otolaryngology Volunteer - Head & Neck Surgery (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2016
Great clinic with excellent physicians. I learned a lot when I volunteered here. Although I volunteered here while working on my thesis, and was in clinic about 2 days a week, it was a worthwhile experience. I hope to go here for medical school!
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
At Healthy Solutions, I enjoyed the autonomy within my position. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and working children for many years. This company has a lot of ties within the inner city community and I hope this small business will continue make a difference in so many ways for years to come.
Review
Ambulatory Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2016
Liked the hospital setting. Going to different sites and learning new systems. Meeting new people. Started the new practice from the ground up it was very challenging.
Pros
Learned all new systems in multiple departments
Cons
Staff
Community Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2016
Enjoyed working in the emergency room with the nurses, doctor and other staff members. I learned a lot from staff makes me want to be more than an Outreach worker.
Flexible, reliable, team player
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
Volunteering was a rewarding experience. I would go in and sit at the front desk and help people with directions and information about the patients they come to see. I learned how to use a system on how to look up the patient, find where they are and there progress. Management was helpful and productive. My co-workers were always helpful and kind. The hardest part was seeing people in pain and the most enjoyable part was seeing people that was there for a long go home in good health
Patient population was challenging, management team removed from clinical arena
CNII Shock Trauma RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2016
In comparison to other large organizations, direction and cohesiveness in the goals of the institution were lacking. They emphasized the tenets of safety, just culture yet implementation and execution was subpar.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
support from management team somewhat absent, poor overall direction as to where the institution was going with its goals.
Job Security
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2016
This is the best job experience that I ever had even though it was my externship site. I learned a lot from working at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Pros
Work doubles when ever you needed extra money
Cons
N/A
Umms
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
My short time there was an awarding experience and i loved the people that I was working with. I still have friends to this day.
Productive work environment
Medical Representative/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2016
FPI as a whole is a great company to work for.
I scheduled patient appointments both new and returning.
I had the opportunity to work closely with the providers to provide the best service possible. Management is ok. It really depends on what office you get to work for.
Interesting Job
Assistant Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work included dispatching the room attendants, completing room inspections and working with the hotel staff to ensure guest satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Maryland Medical Center Reviews by Location