University of Maryland Medical Center

University of Maryland Medical Center Employer Reviews

I really enjoyed this place of employment
Patient Finance Specialist (Former Employee), lutherville,mdJanuary 27, 2015
I worked on a great team. Some of my duties were daily lockbox, posting payments and rejections to patient accounts. Scanning batches and filing.
eCare Data Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fun social events, great co-workers, good job secutiry, open to new ideas, great benifits
Cons: the dangers of working in downtown baltimore, commuting through the city can be a hasle at times
I really love working for UMMC. They have a great work environment and many advancement opportunities. My co-workers are great and we all get along very well. We have many social events to help strengthen our team environment. I love being able to come in and know that I will be supported by staff who are working toward a common goal. Management has been very open to any concerns, and treat employees with fairness.
top facility
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2015
busy challenging unit with latest technology and patient care
Fast pace
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: not the same stuff everyday
Cons: its hard to take a break
Every day in the lab you hit the ground running. I enjoyed it and it is a great starting point for a career. It's a hospital and stuff happens. Every day was a new adventure. it is stressful but you are effecting patients and families lives that need your help.
Productive company to work for within a friendly atmosphere and many opportunities to advance as well as loads of over time.
Periop Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2014
Pros: i
My work days are full of excitement. First thing I am responsible for when the shift starts is to make sure all the first surgery cases have been prepped for and all case carts have been sent to the OR rooms. Once that has been done the next thing is to call the floors and get the patients ready for transport to the OR suite. On a typical day once all the preparations have been done, I spend my time posting cases for the wait list and the following day, performing other unit clerk duties and making sure to transfer all patients to there proper units through out the hospital.

I have learned how to use FirstNet, SurgiNet, FormFast and Starpat software which are all required to perform the clerk duties in the O.R. each software serves a multitude of purposes to properly post and track patients surgeries and locations while admitted into the hospital. Learning the surgeons names and area of expertise was also something learned for the successful execution of the Specialist duties.

My management team is very effective despite the times when I felt they could have been more attentive to issues that were hindering my work performance i.e missing materials, disrespectful co-workers creating a hostile work environment and management turning a blind eye to it, and the occasional under staffed issue. I have always remained 100% behind management and what they ask for because I am a team player and I will always do my part, I just would hope that in future career moves that the management team is more organized and attentive to staff issues.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing – more... with the many different needs that come all at once. Each surgeon has special needs as far as when they want their patients sent for, paper work, surgical team, etc. and they all tend to make their demands at the same time and expect you to make magic happen. Well I am no a magician, but I do the best I can to meet their request while keeping me head cool. Handling coded cases can also be hard but more so when you have code cases and no where to perform them in the time that it must be done in. The more I am met with issues, the more experienced and stronger I become with the work and how to handle the people I work with.

It seems like a hard job to do, but I thoroughly enjoy my work. I enjoy the surgical knowledge I gain with each case I am presented with. I enjoy the pleasant co-workers that are always positive and helpful to ensure success for the team. Lastly, I enjoy the work because its fast paced and keeps me tested on everything I was taught since day one. Nothing is ever really repetitive for the most part. – less
Productive place to work
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2014
Worked with neonatal fellows on a daily basis. Helped them stay compliant. Very fun and exciting place to work. Everyday was a new challenge and something new was learned. A great oppertunity to meet great doctors that are passionate about their feild.
Amazing Experience at a state of the art facility
Student Nurse Resident (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2014
Pros: opporunities to grow
Cons: parking
Amazing staff all around. So many opportunities to learn and grow as a medical professional. They take care of you.
productive, fast paced, busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, tuition reimbursement
Cons: parking downtown was expensive
busy, non stop work, management was fair, hardest part of the job was some days work overflowed over break, most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and people i got to meet
Educational and very note worthy workplace
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, healthcare advancements ground breaking, wonderful employees
Cons: management is lagging, short staffed at times, pay could be better
I absolutely love my co-workers as they are the most enjoyable part of my job. The facility is great, management could be better, but the patient care is top notch!
CMA at UMMC
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
Looking to change to another employer that gives fair hourly pay for the hard work we do as MAs; and to be able to practice within our full scope of practice as an MA under the Maryland Annotated code. Also, looking for a bully free work place with room for advancement.
Great Place to work and advance career
RN, BSN ,CCRN-CSC (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
Busy , fast paced, friendly co-workers , Excellent patient care .
Great hospital to gain experience as a new graduate nurse
Registered Nurse, II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursment
Cons: low salary
I've enjoyed working at UMMC. It's a great teaching hospital that provides invaluable experience. The pay is something left to be desired.
Productive place to work. Very edcational institution
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandOctober 14, 2014
Assist the RN with some medical procedures, take vital signs and assist the patient with whatever they need.
Superior!
Internship: Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Easton, MDOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time here as an intern. The cardiac rehab program is excellent and I would highly recommend it to patients and interns seeking to fulfill their education requirements.
Clinical Ladder
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2014
This employer encourages education and moving up the clinical ladder.
University
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2014
I was great working there. I loved the unit I was on. The people I worked with was really nice.
Clinical laboratory Technician ll (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Working at a teaching hospital, I always learned something new on a daily basis. The management always provided us with the supplies and updated information to get the work done.
productive and a fun workplace
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in and transporting patients to where they have to go i was the first one ready when they needed someone i love to be active. I have learned that the more i went around the building i memorize it it was very easy for me to learn people names and more. The management are very great. My co-workers also was wonderful and helpful to tech me. The hardest part of the job was transporting dead people. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know about the patients i was pushing around.
Very large company that has many locations, which can offer opportunities
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandAugust 27, 2014
My location is under major change with unsure management. Too much indecision. Nice group to work with. Not very professional, but everyone is very nice, sometimes too nice.
enjoyed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2014
Pros: learning about new aspects or nursing
New experience pre-op and second stage recovery of surgical patients.

1 2 3 4 5