University of Maryland Medical Center

University of Maryland Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice work environment
Scheduling & Pre-Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
I was with University for over 12 years and it was a great place to work for. Very compassionate about people in general, no matter who you are. Love to help anyone in need.
Strongly dedicated and sympathetic Oncology Nurse with an excellent record of providing quality care
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
-Administered hydration chemotherapy and other cancer medications and treatments.
-Assisted oncologists with treatment procedures and examinations.
-Accessed implanted ports performed veni-punctures and operated catheter devices.
Decent place to work
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2016
It's a decent place to work. Change can be a good thing if done correctly. This place has a change/transition problem. Overall it's a good place and good people work there.
Pros
Possible growth
Cons
Constant change
One big Happy Family
Unit Secretary Pediatric ICU (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2016
I loved my unit I worked on there. It was truly a team effort everyday. There was always staff to help with anything that needed to be done. It was more like family than work.
You are responsible for account receivable and in charge of insurance claims
Financial Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 15, 2016
Once you learn this job, this job is extremely easy and gets boring really fast. You do the same thing every day. It is very easy to get comfortable working there. There are employees who worked there for 20 plus years doing the same thing. Very easy to get a routine.
Pros
Great health and dental benefits. High job security. High college reimbursement
Cons
no job growth. Only a 2% raise. No bonuses / rewards. No recognition for your work
Great place to grow
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2016
I worked at UMMS for 14 years, its a great place to grow and the benefits are amazing. The management sucks at this place and a lot of the staff was very un happy so it made the work environment really stressful. But they have plenty opportunities for you to grow with in the company.
Cons
pay sucks no raises in three years
Nice
Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2016
Nice I like it a lot its showing me how to get a job you do not have to fix anything its ok I always look here and find lots of great jobs and I that I thank you so much
Hard working group of people!
Nurse Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201December 9, 2016
I worked in at UMMC for over 5 years. I worked in a procedural area, with a small number of staff members. The group of people whom I worked with were a very hardworking group of people. We all worked well with one another and got the work done.
Cons
Terrible pay, no raises for over 3 years.
Very convenient Job
FAX TO ASSISST PROVIDER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2016
Working with MDQUIT has been more of an opportunity than a job to me. Its very convenient, and i was able to advise patients to quit smoking tobacco without forcing them. It gave me the platform to be able to support people who chose to quit smoking
Pros
I work from home
Cons
No payments
Good if you have a Kevlar vest and like rules that apply to some and not all equally
Staff Tech (Former Employee) –  St. JoesNovember 17, 2016
Good pay, great location and nice patients and doctors. Administration is HORRIBLE, MANAGERS ARE useless and rules only apply to those they don't like. If they don't like you, they'll be nice to your face and then nit pick everything you do.

They want to fire the older staff and hire students at half the price, and they only care about the bottom line. No Christmas bonuses and it''s a catholic hospital.

Just look elsewhere and the senior staff co workers will try and get you fired if you don't fit into their click.
Pros
Free parking and nice neighborhood
Cons
everything else
Not a great or happy work experience for me.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2016
Best part of this job was the starting salary
At times felt like you had to walk on egg shells
Not a happy work environment
Work really hard and thought everything was okay. Very micromanaged environment.
cool and productive
Observation Technician- Monitor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Baltimore Washington the patients were really cool and I loved my co workers very much. The management was pretty cool just they needed to hire a few more workers. What I didn't like was the fact other staff members were mean and nasty to me and my co workers
Its fast paced and fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2016
employees worked on a line to get patients food trays ready for patients all over the hospital and delivered at a fast timely manner
Pros
everyone does their part to get the work done
Cons
shorts breaks
The experience is what you make it.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2016
Working for UMMC has been a great experience. The organization really takes extra time and goes the extra mile to ensure patient satisfaction.
Pros
discounts from various places
Cons
the price of parking
productive
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2016
umms is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. umms, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy.
Transplant
Nurse Transplant Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2016
In this job my co-workers are great we have each others back and we are all willing to help in any area we can. The hardest part of the job is working 60+ hours weekly.
Good
Clinical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21207July 15, 2016
I love working for this company. The management was amazing. I loved the people who I worked for. This is a very good amagament
Produtive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
use the telephone, computers, and other electronic devices. Despite the widespread use of voicemail or other automated systems it can be very overwhelming I still loved and appreciated my job.
Conducive environment for growth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
UMMMC offers staff the opportunity to grow in their career that is incomparable in the other healthcare institutions in the region. Free tuition to attend University of Maryland, Baltimore has helped countless employees to better their lives. Great team work and management's annual face to face forum to hear from employees on how best to manage the institution is terrific.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Occasional short staffing
Loved volunteering at this clinic!
Otolaryngology Volunteer - Head & Neck Surgery (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2016
Great clinic with excellent physicians. I learned a lot when I volunteered here. Although I volunteered here while working on my thesis, and was in clinic about 2 days a week, it was a worthwhile experience. I hope to go here for medical school!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

81%