University of Maryland Medical Center

University of Maryland Medical Center Employee Reviews

A friendly workplace environment
Asst. Plant Manager (Columbia Data Center) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
UMMS is bar far one of the best work places a career professional can ask for. UMMS has a great track record of supporting its employees in advancing their employees careers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Raises and Bonuses
Good Environment just needs to revamp the SP department
Sterile Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working as a team
Learned new things
Helped train new staff members
Management needs to work as a unit and not as individuals
There need to be adequate coverage when staff members go to lunch or leave to go home
Pros
Meet great people, learned new things, good benefits
Cons
understaffed, no communication, couldn't leave area during break
At university of Maryland medical center we work as a family and we treat our patient as if they were our family
Bone Morrow Tech/Phlebotomy Tech/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2017
The pay was good if I need time off for any emergency they were understand. I love that they has cousler for us if we had problems at home or work. If I need help finically I could depend on my coworker to help knowing that I was a single mom
Pros
We would have holiday parties
Cons
Loosing my patient to cancer
a Great place to work and learn Some a doctor will show or take time to teach you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2017
Good career job I work at the ENT department and Oncology and Homology department and I love it . My supervisor at BWMC of UOM Oncology and Hemology department was Awesome
Pros
good doctors and good place to grow
Cons
short break
University Of Maryland Medical Center
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company but the management were too friendly with the staff and it caused a lot of conflict. Also when I was supplemental staffing I only received $4.50 for working holidays and it was pretty tough working there.
Pros
Great food in cafe
Cons
shorter lunch breaks
It's a great place to work
Susan Carey - Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201November 26, 2017
I like working at University of Maryland. I would only like to be compensated comfortably enough to pay bills without it being a struggle. Working in my department is rewarding and has allowed me to consider other options to broaden my experience. I like working with educators.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
Long commute
University of Maryland Medical Center
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2017
Working for University of Maryland housekeeping what's the overall a great experience helping someone have a great experience at any Hospital no matter what your part is is always a great experience cleaning rooms outside areas trash areas is always helping someone
the pay was abit too low.
Cook Hot Side (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2017
The compensation was low and it contributed to poor wor morale but generally it a nice pla ce with nice management and everythingwas fine and okay.i recommend it.
Amazing place for learning
Electronic Medical Records volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2017
Over the course of many years, when I volunteered at HIM UMMC, I have build confidence and I have developed knowledge and skills during that time that would serve me well in transitioning to the role of Medical Record
Pros
Free lunch and inventive for performance in work
Cons
I was volunteer.
Student RN/PCT (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2017
Overall UMMC is a good place to work. It is fast-paced environment with many protocols in place to ensure safe practice to both the health care providers and the clients. Education is very important and the facility promotes it along with team work.

Want to know more about University of Maryland Medical Center?

Ask a question
Ok,but often disorganized
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDNovember 8, 2017
A new Manager came aboard and took away flex time and breaks within her 2 weeks there and a lot of employees have either quit or have been let go within her first month there.
Cons
Flex time removed as time option and breaks taken away
This is a great place to work.
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2017
Working on an acute care unit is fast paced and can be stressful but also very rewarding. I have learned a lot about team building and the importance of contributing input via unit based governance to provide better care to patients. The manager promotes a caring work culture to benefit the patients and also the employees. The hardest part of the job are the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is having relationships with patients and the rapport among the staff.
Pros
This is a great place to develop a lot of clinical skills and hone critical thinking skills.
Cons
This is a facility that is open 24/7.
Good
Staff Nurse Cardiology Graphics (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2017
I had some great co-workers there, some people have various race, religions or creed that can make them easy to offend even with regular conversation, however this is also something that is becoming more and more in regular life now. Over all I had a great experience. Just wish I had more room to move around to different departments. Moving up, or lateral in the facility can be a real challenge, I felt a little pigeon held into my position.
workplace culture
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2017
On the unit I worked on things worked well as long as you are willing to be a tattletale. I am an adult and I know how to work out problems with other adults without getting physical or emotional about it. Sometime adults do not get along and when they do not you need to know how to defuse the problem before it gets any more out of hand.
Teaching hospital.encorage stsff engagement.
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2017
Have been employed with UMMS.for 25 years .Enjoy the ability to move to different positions in the organization.Commitment to community outreach.Actively seeks employee engagement
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, teaching hospital.
Cons
Education with staff about effective communication., cultural compentancy
Great employer!
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, Md.October 23, 2017
Great employer! Action packed, fun filled shift each day I work. Diversity of learning opportunities and exposures to various experiences. I absolutely gained a wealth of knowledge at this hospital.
Pros
Great employer!
Muy bueno
Certified Nursing Assistant/Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2017
Fast-paced work days. Great place to work overall. If excepting employment at this hospital try to get an assigned garage close to the hospital as the surrounding areas are dangerous.
Average Job
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2017
Average job, not too great or horrible. Lack of compensation to lower level employees. They prefer to spend their money on more doctors and nurses instead of investing in the support staff.
Job summary
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2017
Scheduling management, getting authorizations for all radiology studies,and scheduling appointments. The work environment is great, there is really no hard part and the most enjoyable part is working with the patients
Small Community Hospital
REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 19, 2017
The real saving grace to this place is that it is close to home. Since everyone knows everyone, there's no real discipline. Even though this hospital is affiliated with the University of Maryland, it doesn't follow the guidelines for a University. The majority of the lifers there are still stuck in the Fallston General mindset and can't seem to understand that the times are changing. Free parking is a bonus. I wouldn't be treated here if I were on my deathbed. The pay is terrible, offset only by the fact that I save money on gas and parking.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Poor Pay, Low Patient Satisfaction Scores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.