University of Maryland School of Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

Prodcutive workplace
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  baltimoreJuly 1, 2015
Great place to work to learn many different aspects of mental health. Allows much room for flexibility and working independently as well as working on a team. Must be completely organized in order to perform the many different tasks needed.
Challenging work environment
Clinical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2015
Management is openly hostile to employees. Work is unnecessarily stressful. Management is not transparent - everything is secretive and hidden.
Pros
Research is interesting
Cons
Miserable working conditions
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
I truly enjoyed the opportunity to work with such a diverse group of Faculty members, Staff, and Students. This was a great learning experience.
Internship
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2014
This was my internship. Great learning environment. Gained lots of knowledge working with adolescents.
An extremely busy Center of Excellence for the evaluation and treatment of pts. with circulatory disorders.
Director aand Associate Prof. Surgery (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2014
My last job was as director of The Vascular Center @ Mercy Med. Center in Baltimore, MD. Under my leadership it became the busiest location for my specialty in the state of MD including the 2 major medical school hospitals. I integrated all of the new endovascular techniques in vascular surgery and also performed large volumes of more traditional surgical procedures. The creation of an extremely busy Non Invasive Vascular Lab was an integral part of the Center and largely obviated the need for arteriography.I stoped working due to illness from which I am fully recuperated. I am eager to again start a succesful program. I worked long hrs. and learned that to expand and stay "with hte times" one must integrate all new modalities that benefit pts. by decreasing morbidiyt and mortality while optimizing results. The hardest part of the job was dealing with hospital administrators who had at times a different agenda. It took considerable effort to educate them and show them how good pt. care can result in higher profits for the institution. The establishment of an efficient and respectful means of evaluating, treating and caring for pts. long term was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Exciting and Interesting Cutting Edge Research Center
Clinical Assistant Professor in Neurology (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandApril 22, 2014
An exciting and interesting place to work. It is an under rated school in Baltimore, always in the shadow of Johns Hopkins which always gets all the attention first. There are very exciting things happening at Maryland. We had the first Shock-Trauma center in the world. The research is cutting edge. We have Dr. Gallo doing HIV research. He will one day develop a vaccine for HIV at UMAB. You can walk to the Lexington Market for lunch, but be careful walking the streets at night and early morning
Pros
easy to travel to
Cons
not so safe area around the hospital ( but still more safe than around hopkins)
fun place to work
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed working for the University Systems. My co-workers are nice, and very helpful.
Pros
state health insurance and holidays
Cons
no job security
Exceptional learning experience in substance abuse.
Addiction Psychiatry Fellow (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2013
Exceptional learning experience in substance abuse. Fellowship is for one year. I am currently working at VA hospital and at University Hospital. Many residential rehab programs are also linked with University.
Good Place to Work
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandSeptember 30, 2013
Good place to work. Great to work and learn the skills necessary to further your career.
Producticve learing
Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2013
I Learned about HIPPA , I learned about a lot of confidentiality , I set up conference calls , Organized ,filed, and changed data.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2013
All the work has been clearly marked and daily expectations are set for each worker. The benefits are amazing with a large number of available paid leave days and great healthcare coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland School of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3