University of Maryland University College

University of Maryland University College Employer Reviews

Enjoyed the atmospher
Clerk Typist I (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed everything about that job
Cons: was not long enough
I learned a lot and got along with my co-workers and I did not have know hard time there. The job was easy to me and everyone was so helpful if needed. And you went to work you didn't have to worry about co-workers complaining about anything at least they did not say it around me.
Wonderful but affected by budget cut
Faculty research assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: enrichment of activities
Cons: retirement benefit
I worked like a lab manager. Routinely check all lab instruments and inventories. Some time, prepare all the needs for a big experiment. Team work with lab graduate students. The hardest part of the job is time waiting during cell staining. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is always a little celebration once lab has a new publication.
Great Way to Learn a Teaching Experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: familiar and friendly environment
Cons: low compensation, no job security
I was responsible for performing teaching and teaching-related duties to assist a professor for an undergraduate course I had previously taken. The list of responsibilities include: proctoring exams, grading tests and homework, and recording grades in grade book. Office Hours to meet up with students were flexible. Only time that is non-flexible were the discussion lectures, where I aided in leading a discussion seminar to dissect what had been discussed. This was my favorite part of the job, where I get to explain in my own terms what I had interpreted from the professor's lectures.
Fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work. Positive and friendly environment with very educated people. I have learnt a lot being here.

The work provided is not too hectic and yet good enough to lern new things.
NICE PLACE
Phlebotomist/Registrar (Current Employee), BALTIMORE MDFebruary 23, 2015
GREAT PLACE LOVE THE PATIENTS NICE PLACE TO WORK TEAM WORK FAST PACE ALL THE ABOVE IS GREAT BEEN HERE SINCE JULY AND I LOVE IT
Loved job, work was wonderful, and great people
Accountant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: fun job, fun people, work made time flow fast
Cons: outsourced
 Processed assigned payments according to established procedures for routine payments made monthly and biweekly on payment requests and some purchase orders for all advertising merchants.
 Entered invoices information into automated accounting system.
 Maintained current knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures regarding areas of responsibilities.
 Assisted external and internal auditors, accountants, and other agencies regarding filed documents.
 Managed all financial accounts for Finance Department.
 Backup to Supervisor of Accounts Payable
 Prepare Financial and Statistical data and Basic Reports.
Excellent Work/Life Balance You Can Expect
Faculty Research Associate (Current Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 11, 2015
UMD is a very nice place to work and live, with so many historic place and national parks to visit in just two hours drive. The work environment is attractive also, and you can have the opportunity to reach out with so many federal agencies and seek one type of secured job.
Graduate Assistantship: outreach and advising of student organizations
Graduate Coordinator (Current Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 11, 2015
I work part time at the University of Maryland, Office of Multicultural Involvement and community advocacy, while pursuing my Master's degree in Public Policy. In this role, I educate, outreach and supervise students of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community on issues of identity, social justice, organizing and coalition building.
High quality academic organization
Faculty for Masters Business Administration (Current Employee), Online for Frostburg University in Frostburg MDFebruary 9, 2015
The graduate students are well prepared for class and the University leaderhsip is organized and helpful to the professor in support of quality education for its' students.
Very Enjoyable place to work
Teachers Aide (Former Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work would include reading books to children, helping children during center time, monitoring children on the playground, and monitoring children during nap time. During this job I learned a lot about how to work with others in a professional manner. I also learned a lot about child development as well as how to respond to children at the preschool level.
productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDFebruary 4, 2015
Earned my MPH here, and they provided entry level of research experiences for me. Sometimes I did face tough times and challenges from the professors, but the harder they push, I guess the more I force myself to grow up improve my professional skills.
Extremely laid back. Great environment
Intern (Former Employee), Largo MDJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed the variety of work there. It was always something to do, from patching network cables to event support with VIP members of the Company. I really liked the face to face part of my job
Productive workplace with wonderful co-workers
General Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Working part-time for the Residential Facilities at the University of Maryland, College Park Campus was a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and gain new experience. My organization and team work skills were improved each day as I worked with other employees or alone to complete each task that needed to be done. Each task was important to help in the Campus' preparations for the next semester and the students and faculty that would be living, working and learning at the college. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone there, and I gained new skills by completing tasks that I would never have thought were necessary to keep the campus an excellent place to live and work.

Our managers were personable, friendly and understanding, and they helped to make each day an enjoyable one. It was difficult work at times, and at other times it was tedious; however, at the end of the summer it was rewarding to know that everything that needed to be done had been completed, and that the campus was ready for the next semester and the students that would be filling it.
Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 22, 2015
It was a learning experience. I made a lot of mistakes but I was corrected each time. There is a lot of support to back you up. I would recommend for entree levels.
Promising
Research Peer Mentor (Current Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 15, 2015
I have not yet started working in this position but am looking forward to it. The First-Year Innovation and Research Experience is a new program at the University of Maryland that benefits experienced research assistants, like myself, in that they can take on a paid leadership role.
A job is a job.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Largo, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working with students and other co-workers
Cons: most people in management do not know how to relate to their employees.
It was good working there in helping me get my bachelors and helping me with my masters. However, because of management turnover it becomes more politics. You are not commended on your good deeds, but often you are told about your mistakes and this is due to changes in policies. If you just want a job temporarily then this is the place for you.
The students I worked with were very nice and understanding, and most of them are my close friends to this day. Some of my former co-workers are still friends and most of them are trying to leave.
Leonardtown's Community Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 12, 2015
• Manage multiple priorities in a timely manner, while serving customers, by performing daily administrative tasks such as answering the phone, organizing the keys and logging the mail.
• Maintain the safety of residents and provide excellent customer service.
• Successfully and effectively working as a team as well as individually.
Great way to spend a summer
Summer student counselor (Former Employee), University MarylandJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free movie at lunch time and free tours of university of md
Cons: the summer heat is the only con
9am-3pm coaching kids in games such as kickball
I learned how to be a good responsible camp counselor
I was a student camp counselor in training supervised by college level counselors.
My co-workers were other students like me and college students supervising us.
The hardest part was dealing with the summer heat
I enjoyed the amount of teamwork it takes to run a summer camp and working with children.
Good place to work to enhance the academic abilities and skills
Research Associate (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 9, 2015
Salary was too low and the work term was indefinite as research associate.
Positive work environment with good people working there
Administrative I (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: supplied free lunches and christmas week off
Cons: pay and lack of bonuses and cost of living
A lot of interaction with students from all over the Globe. I would assist the office staff, faculty, and students.Our goal was to give the best educational training to the students for them to reach their goals.

I was the face of the office receiving guests and students as the Receptionist Administrative associate of the Curriculum and Instruction (now, Teaching, Learning, Policy and Leadership) office of the Department of Education. I would answer and transfer callers to the appropriate staff member, or faculty member. I maintained the supplies and machinery of the office. I sent out and received the mail, faxes, copies, packages for office staff and faculty. I entered secure student data in the database so I am knowledgeable about the HIPAA rules and requirements. I ordered supplies and book orders for the office and faculty. I was responsible for the card swipe access and keys for the offices and classrooms. I managed the conference rooms and scheduled access for meetings.

1 2 3 4 5