University of Maryland University College

University of Maryland University College Employee Reviews

Worked with a great team
Baltimore- Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Great work environment. Worked closely with my supervisor to design projects. Work with a team to carry out extensive experiments that were time sensitive. Day at work consisted of meeting with supervisor to device a schedule for the day. Once one was established, worked solitary to complete these projects. On slow days, caught up with ordering, budgeting, lab organizing and maintaining. My co-workers consisted of Professors, Doctors, PHD students, and technicians. Trained many summer students and international visitors. Best part of this job was working with such a diverse array of people that it never got boring. The hardest part was leaving this job do to lack of funding. Overall a great lab to have worked in.
open-mindedness
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
in the university of Maryland i interned under the school of medicine for children, under the STAR-TRACK program which worked with HIV infected teens, they also worked with the LGBTQ population, lastly they administered free STD testing to the public
NA
Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAMay 19, 2015
Work with new and current students on enrolling into classes and the University. Make phone calls and set up meetings with these students. After enrolling students into school I would collect their transcripts and complete a tentative evaluation based on their credits. Then each semester would help students pick out the classes they wanted to take and that were available.
Teaching in the community
Nutrition Educator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching in the community. I love showing people new ideas about Nutrition, Health and Exercise.
Research Assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDMay 11, 2015
Great experience working and with coworkers.Requires a plethora of soft skills in addition to technical background.
Fun workplace for students
Nyumburu Cultural Center Student Ambassador (Former Employee), College Park, MDMay 10, 2015
Nyumburu always has flexible hours for students, as well as a workplace, nyumburu center is also a social place for minority students and clubs/organizations.
Customer Service Environment
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Largo, MDMay 7, 2015
Pros: Leave, and Free Graduate School
Cons: Short Breaks, Little Career Growth
Not a bad place to work for a 1 year or 2. The advisor are treated like call center agents. Management is not qualified. Leave, and Free Graduate School, Short Breaks, Little Career Growth
Excellent faculty development
Adjunct online/hybrid instructor (Current Employee), Wiesbaden, DEMay 6, 2015
Excellent faculty development. Interesting course material and course delivery methods. Great staff. Flexible hours. Good online learning system.
Nice staff but dont expect to grow
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
its a great staff. You work among great people but unfortunately there is really not that much opportunity for growth.

For that reason I couldnt rate it higher but it is a stable job for the creatures of true habit
Good place to do research, Well supported by faculty
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDMay 1, 2015
I was as a graduate researcher on my PhD in aerospace engineering. I felt that I was well supported by the engineering school staff and faculty mentorship
Horrible Environment
Military and Veteran Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Largo, MDApril 29, 2015
Management and culture destroyed this job. Management was frequently away from employees and created an atmosphere where it was difficult to enjoy being at work. Loads of time off that you felt like you had to take on a regular basis just to stay sane.
Professional atmosphere in Higher Education
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
Pros: interaction with multiple levels of seniority with wide range duties
Cons: Job was exponentially more work than originally described and newly, creatd that combined multiple positions.
A challenging and motivational staff team working toward the same goals, Assistant was available in all aspects with generous feedback
Stressful but rewarding
Field Representative (Former Employee), Adelphi, MDApril 14, 2015
Stressful but rewarding place to work. Lots of deadlines and sales markets to hit with little help or support from management. All about sales, less about people.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Temp Job
This was a temp job but I learned a lot and was thankful they provided me with employment until I received a fulltime permanent job.
State of Maryland is broke
Library (Former Employee), College Park, MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Never closes for holidays, long and late hours
I enjoyed my time working here but was laid off without warning due to the State of Maryland deficit. It really sucks for me.Thought there would be more job security because it is state government, but it really doesn't make a difference.
productive
Technical Support Analyst Intern (Current Employee), College Park, MDApril 1, 2015
Fast pace
Learn Alot
Management was easy going
Closed-knit
Family oriented
Co-workers are very friendly
Great work environment
Teaching Assistant to Professor Dawn Gavin (Former Employee), College Park, MDMarch 31, 2015
Great work environment where I was encouraged to perform at my best with constant feedback and positive critiques. My time was respected and only expected to work when in optimal health conditions. Very friendly environment with an inspiring art community.
fun and productive work place
Research associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: dedicated staff
great learning and working experience. dedicates staff and faculty.
well built infrastructure and plenty of research opportunities. All PI's work very hard to get the best results
A great stepping stone for any career
Research Data Manager (Current Employee), College Park, MDMarch 22, 2015
Working at the University of Maryland (UMD) after graduating college gave me the opportunity to explore my options in terms of what I wanted to do as a career. The faculty and staff within my specific department was always extremely helpful and willing to help me with any questions I had.
Okay Place to Work
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Adelphi, MDMarch 20, 2015
Constant change; you have to be flexible and ready to move when the wind blows. Decent colleagues. No real complaints here.

1 2 3 4 5