University of Maryland University College Employee Reviews

day
Executive Assistant to Chief Complex Spine Surgeon (Former Employee), Baltimore,mdAugust 31, 2015
Streamlined office operations for marked productivity gains, creating standardized documents, highly accessible filing system and detailed Outlook database storing client/vendor information. Aided CEO in meeting deadlines, scheduling meetings, and resolving pressing issues. Optimized billing processes, and resolved delinquent accounts. Contributed heavily to projects, preparing estimates for site work, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and overseeing project teams to ensure on time completion. • Offered dedicated service to clients/vendors, and continually identified new opportunities.
Key Accomplishments:
•Increased efficiency through producing office standard documents for invoices, contracts, company letterhead, and business cards.
•Recognized for financial acumen, successfully managing AP/AR, invoicing, and vendor accounts,
• Maximized productivity of landscaping teams through tracking hours worked and level of completion, ensuring resource availability, and Project Manager.
• Facilitated advertising expansion efforts through devising unique artwork templates, researching
okay
Office Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDAugust 30, 2015
I spent mostly my whole day typing up and entering work orders on the computer. I didn't really interact with the management, but when I did it was always a pleasant experience. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the fact I got to be on the computer all day.
university of maryalnd dinining services
Maintenance Service Worker I (Former Employee), college park marylandAugust 22, 2015
Pros: I was able to take food home after a days work and was able to socialize with the athelets.
Cons: I had to decline students in to the dining hall when they were out of meal tickets.
I enjoyed admitting customers into the dinning hall, serving them their meals, I enjoyed washing tables, cups, silverware, trays, cups and floors. I maintained the amount of food and beverage that was was available for customers to consume.
Great group of people. Oppurtunity to learn and grow.
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches, independence, could walk to work
Cons: Saddening nature of the work.
Excellent group of people. All member of the lab are responsible for the animal supportive care. We round in the morning and discuss the plan for the day. The hardest part of the job was to budget my time accordingly for all of my responsibilities. I enjoyed working with the NHPs and medically managing their various conditions.
Generic college
Student (Former Employee), College Park, MDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: In state tuition was manageable.
Cons: Some professors were not good teachers.
Good college with nothing special. Some classes were interesting but most are very typical. I did not have the optimal experience as I commuted everyday and did not live on or near campus. I did learn to get up early everyday and go to bed early, which is useful for future jobs.
Good University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDAugust 3, 2015
They provide nice benefits for grad students. Experience can range dramatically for students depending on department and adviser.
a pleasant working environment with poor management and outdated equipment
Librarian's Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, MDAugust 1, 2015
Pros: cordial staff and customers
Cons: incompetent and draconian management
A small retailer with adequate customer service but poor efficiency overall. New and innovative management was required to improve revenue and customer service throughout this small company.
Very Convenient
Full Time Student (Former Employee), At HomeAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Convenience
Cons: Expensive
Full time student, teachers were great, all subjects were taken online. Course load was heavy but the courses were all 8 weeks long so its a lot of information in a short time.
television is avaible during breaks
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), College Park, MDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: no benefits no free lunches
The staff always listen to ideas to improve and motivate employees to do their best. I management other employees. Trained them about food safety. I promoted to team leader less than 2 months. Always willing to help. Made sure everyone was doing their job to the best of their ability. Enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get people to work together.They taught me how to prepare foods such as wraps, pizza, etc. I enjoy coming to work because I knew what was expected of me. Fast learner. Co-workers depended on me when we faced different challenges in the work force.
Excellent smart workplace
Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee), College Park MarylandJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great envionrment, good lunch options
Cons: horrible parking
An excellent place to work, surrounded by people excited by their research. Enjoyed teaching my students and working in the lab each day. The hardest part of my job was the long commute and horrible parking
Enjoyable work environment
Senior Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2015
Enjoyable work environment - great benefits - need more opportunity for advancement and growth opportunities for supervisors to help engage employees
good for clinical rotation
RN clinical rotation (Former Employee), baltimoreJuly 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
good hospital for clinical rotation, had a great experience in med surg floor as well as ICU,OR and other areas of the hospital,cafeteria was good.
Stable position allows for good career development
Research Associate (Current Employee), College Park, MDJuly 11, 2015
I've worked at UMCP for several years now, and I appreciate both the environment and the staff. The stability of this position has allowed me to work on both the science and career development needed to advance my position. Departmental leaders and staff are responsive and friendly, and I very much enjoy my interactions with everyone.
Challenging but fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDJuly 6, 2015
I have learned a lot from the research work and co-workers. The diversity of collaboration is great. I enjoy working in a team with diversity.
Good work and very nice people.
Graduate Assistant II (Former Employee), College ParkJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work. Interesting (but a lot of) work, nice people, good management and atmosphere. Overall, a very good experience.
UMUC
Student (Former Employee), Adelphi, MDJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great commute
Great flexibility and a plethora of information. Excellent opportunity to learn at own pace. Good resources of valuable cybersecurity information.
Good benefits and work life balance, little room for advancement
Assistant Director (Current Employee), College Park, MDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Campus, benefits, work life balance
Cons: Management, little advancement, low pay
People typically work here for a very long time because you really cannot beat the work life balance. This is a place where people can bring their dogs, and children. However, this really depend on departments, some are more strict than others. You get great benefits, and if you have children they can go here for free as a full time employee.

However, you will not find much room for advancement. People don't leave often, so it is hard to move up.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent staff that love what they do.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), College Park, MDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great experience, new friends
Cons: N/A
Working at the University of Maryland was a great experience for me. I learned kitchen safety and sanitation and how to make new meals. I also learned how to decorate desserts and how to make meals according to what people can and cannot eat.
LOVE THE IT FIELD
PC Support Technician Tier II (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDJune 20, 2015
WORK IS GREAT ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD IN AN AWKWARD BREAK AND FIX OR TROUBLESHOOTING ADVENTURE. MY JOB IS REALLY A NICE PLACE TO WORK ITS A HOSPITAL YOU SORT OF MEET INTERESTING AND KIND PEOPLE AND ALSO CALM AND AWKWARD PEOPLE BUT AM SURE THAT EVERY JOB.
Not familiar with University College recently
Professor (Former Employee), Princess Anne, MarylandJune 18, 2015
The University College of the University of Maryland has broad offerings and times and locations available for working persons who desire to upgrade their skills or obtain a degree. It is also a good place to work for faculty who enjoy working with experienced adults rather than with typical college aged youth.