*College of Humanities and Fine Arts
University of Massachusetts Amherst*
The College of Humanities and Fine Arts at the University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications. The Director will develop and direct efforts to publicize, promote, and advance the College of Humanities and Fine Arts and its strategic objectives using the full range of available media. The Director will work to advance the College’s ideals and vision, its departments and programs, its events, and its initiative to constituencies that include faculty members, administrators, donors, prospective students, current students, alumni, legislators and others on and off campus. The Director also works in close cooperation with the Director of Development to promote and build support for the College. The Director will interact with media outlets on and off campus and may serve as a representative of the College.
- BA/BS degree in the Humanities, Fine Arts, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or relevant field of study
- More than 3 years of work experience in communications that should include the development and production of print and electronic media and the use of new and social media, as well as other emerging communication techniques and strategies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and complete multiple complex tasks with different timetables and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to travel independently and availability to work some evenings and weekends
Hiring Salary Range: $44,300 - $55,500
Normal Starting Salary Range: $44,300 - $49,900
Priority deadline is February 19, 2013. Search will remain open until position is filled. Send letter of application, resume and contact information (phone and email) for three professional references to: Search #43713, Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-9313.
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.