University of Massachusetts Boston Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Night Lab Operator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2016
Doing client services which is supporting and assisting staff and faculty how to use computers, technology classroom; troubleshooting the problem via intercom; fixing and maintaining the equipment. Managing in/out time of the lab equipment, checking and verifying client information correctly before giving out the equipment. Since the workplace is university environment, so most of the clients are very friendly as well as my co-workers. Most of the time the job is manageable and sometimes it may get very busy; however, I really enjoy it, it's tiring but fun.
Great learning environment with a lot of research opportunities
Research Assistant in White-Lab (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2016
UMass Boston is a great institution that has a great faculty engaged in research. It presents students with the ability to develop their skills and work with their creativity.
Pros
Ample research opportunities
Cons
Its a commuter school
Always learning and earning more responsibilities.
Game room Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at work consists of opening the office receiving phone calls, emailing students/staff, dealing with long lines and up to $15,000 in cash per day. It was most enjoyable because of the closeness of the staff. In the Gameroom as a Manager I had the support of all my employees and supervisors into making it a smooth semester.
Fun job
Advisor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2016
In a typical day in my last position, I fulfilled all the administrative tasks required by my jobs such as listening to the voice mails and replying, answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing, greeting students and helping them with their day to day school challenges.
The co-workers at my work were really helpful and fun to work with. They helped me with everything and encouraged me to do better. I learned to work in a fast pace environment. It also taught me time management which made a lot of confident than ever.
The hardest part of this job was to brainstorm on how to solve problems of students who were facing a hard time in the school. Though I sometimes had really hard time, my co-workers would always be there to help me out and make me happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was the food. We used to get lots of food and that would help be stay awake the whole day.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
too much work
Great place to help students learn about different subjects related to school
Subject Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2016
set up appointments with students and help them with any problems they have difficulty on. Guide students towards the right way by teaching them how to study for exams.
Productive and fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2016
Normally, for this place, I would just come to the class and grade student's work at home. I have learned about how to cooperate with the teacher and help with the students. I do not have any co workers for this position
Decent place to work .
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2016
Most enjoyable part of my job is to provide real life information to a
rich and diverse student. Sincerely, I enjoyed the opportunity. I left due to budget cuts.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great job
Front Desk Receptionist in Advising Office (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2016
Great job, it is a nice job on campus for part time work. Advisers a fun to work with. Very caring and considerate. It is overall a great environment.
College career
Database & Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2016
Umass boston is a great university and diverse for students looking to study a wide variety of studies. great teachers, staff. I went here years ago and I know this university has changed a great deal and offers great academics to students.
Fun and exciting place to work
Computer Lab Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2016
Working in the Information Technology Learning Commons (ITLC) was a fun and exciting experience. There was never a dull moment, and hardly were any days a repeat- as each day was different being assigned various tasks and addressing many student questions who utilized the academic computer labs.
Pros
Autonomous working environment with supervisors nearby when needed
Cons
Can not think of any.
Nice place to work and study
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2016
I've worked as a graduate assistant at UMass Boston for one year. This work was not so hard, and the professor who I worked for was very nice.
Enjoyable workplace environment
CODER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
Gerontology provided an enjoyable internship opportunity as a coder, where I entered survey data into SPSS for later analysis. The work was interesting and knowing that the survey answers would be used to better the lives of seniors in neighboring communities gave my daily tasks a sense of purpose.
Experienced and resourceful Research Assistant offering outstanding skills with a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. BS in Biology with g
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2016
Administrative Assistant, 09/2015 to 09/2016 University of Massachusetts Boston – 100 Morrissey Boulevard
I performed administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors. My duties included but not limited to fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, filing, data entry, office management research and maintain professional office environment. I acquire extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills through this office assistant job. Assistant Teacher's Assistant, 09/2014 to 12/2014 University of Massachusetts Boston – 100 Morrissey Boulevard
Assisting the laboratory TA. Read and researched about the lab manual Guide students while the laboratory class is going on. Preparation of the laboratory supplies Attend weekly TA meetings to prepare for the next laboratory session. Help the TA to collect student's lab report and pre-lab. Pass on the lab reports to the students after evaluation Guide students if necessary Help the class and the TA with laboratory works
Good education, Excellent professors, more opportunity for work
Student Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2016
Good education, Excellent professors, more opportunity for work , Very god place for education, good work experience.
Balanced work environment
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
A lot of responsibility placed on us to make sure that this particular office of student life runs smoothly. We help students who are transitioning or in need of help to familiarize them with Umass and its features.
I learned to work under pressure, and invaluable customer service skills. Being a friendly face for incoming staff members and students is probably one of the best jobs on this campus. Helping out students and staff in what we can provide for them, and answer any questions they may have is very rewarding.
My co-workers are all very responsible, driven young people. We all help each other and work as a team to help people as much as we can, combining our knowledge and coming from different backgrounds we work together to succeed.
The most difficult part of working at student activities is the limitations of being a student employee. There are certain rules as to our limit of work we can do in a day, or in a week that is difficult when we are all trying to get as many hours as possible.
Great Location and office team
Executive Assistant to the Dean of Library (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
UMass Boston is a great place to work. It is a very laid back location and has a nice environment. The staff and faculty is really diverse which offer's a well rounded office team/co-workers.
Very Busy for one person
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2015
Prepare administrative paperwork Assist and/or register students for classes.
Create on-line requisitions via PeopleSoft/Buyways for ordering supplies for department.
Process forms through appropriate UMASS departments and other administrative offices.
Assist Department chair to monitor project expenditures, financial grant management.
Process travel reimbursements for faculty, and maintain University Procard, statements and logs.
Assist Faculty with copying, email distribution, event planning and reserving space.
Attend Department monthly meetings and take notes.
Highly Motivated Professors and Engaging Work Environment
Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2015
Very welcoming and encouraging professors that will push your abilities from the start till finish. With that said, although the work hours (split between classes, problem sets, teaching, and personal research projects) bled deep into nights and weekends, work was always rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of attending University of Massachusetts as a graduate student was being involved with multidisciplinary research groups: I worked as a computational biophysicist alongside biologists and chemists, who were able to provide insights to matters I had no experience with.
Pros
Excellent education, great staff and work envirnment
Cons
Long work hours
N/a
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2016
I liked working in this lab. in school lab is so boring but when i did this lab, I realized how research is cool and amazing.
Great place to work as well as learn in depth about the courses
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
I learnt how to work in a diverse workplace. The work culture is very different over here in United States. The most enjoyable part of my work is to with Professor on live project such as Massachusetts Film industry as well as to work with students on a regular basis and solving their problems. My co workers are other graduate student, we all share a good rapport among st each other and its a great working environment at UMass Boston. I learned to work in a diverse work environment and be really productive at the same point of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Massachusetts Boston. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3