University of Massachusetts Boston Employee Reviews

Good place to work and learn
IT/CTS Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2015
I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationship with work colleagues at all levels. Solving client’s computing related problems to ensure that their IT use is effective and efficient would be very satisfying. I thoroughly enjoy the technical challenges of problem solving and working with clients to bring about speedy resolutions.

My studies have assisted me in gaining relevant skills and my employment experience has enabled me to extend my skills of communication and problem solving. I enjoy taking the initiative to create positive outcomes for people.

As mentioned in my resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them. I have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop, and execute strategies. I have had to handle many challenging customer enquiries and have learnt to resolve them in a professional and timely manner. This has also developed my ability to explain IT concepts to people who do not have a technical background
Highly Motivated Professors and Engaging Work Environment
Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2015
Very welcoming and encouraging professors that will push your abilities from the start till finish. With that said, although the work hours (split between classes, problem sets, teaching, and personal research projects) bled deep into nights and weekends, work was always rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of attending University of Massachusetts as a graduate student was being involved with multidisciplinary research groups: I worked as a computational biophysicist alongside biologists and chemists, who were able to provide insights to matters I had no experience with.
Pros
Excellent education, great staff and work envirnment
Cons
Long work hours
A productive work environment
I.T. Service Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2015
I provide high quality client services and complete high level tasks requiring interpretation and independent judgment, supervision of other students is often involved, handles confidential information. I also provide leadership to other Service Desk Student Consultants and direct consultation to the UMass Boston campus for faculty, staff, and students via walk-in, phone and email, as well as answering questions and resolving problems concerning: connectivity to the campus network, use of Information Technology Service Division host computers, the internet, use of personal computers, software applications and operation systems.I assist with helpdesk related general administration for such tasks as tracking clients and statistics on client usage, general information management; in addition, I help with projects involving development and maintenance of helpdesk related documentation and websites for such tasks as information collection and I perform general maintenance tasks related to Help Desk hardware and software configuration and operation, documentation and information resources, and other projects as necessary to support the client base.
simple and easy
Administrator Assistant Sociology Department (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2015
Loved working with my co workers all the time. Staff was very understanding when I first started and helped me as I learned my way in the office. Great place to work.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
Great school to attend. If you are looking international population and willing to learn a lot this is a great state school. Many professors teach at other locations and larger universities
Great experience
Phon-a-thone Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2015
Great experience!Learned a lot about fundraising and improved my communication skills. Participated and helped to plan a lot of fundraising and alumni events
educative
Peer Mentor/work study (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
One of the best place that enhance my knowledge. it gave me the opportunity to help student from different age, ethnicity, and culture. Not only I was able to assist many student but I learned a lot about different majors and schooling.
Productive and creative work place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2015
I work 20 hours a week in my college years. I have learned a lot from my job. I have learned how to solve problems with projectors, software, hardware, networking, and so on. I am really love my job and my co-workers. My supervisor is vey nice, kind, caring, helpful and always able to help whenever I needed her help. She taught me a lot.
Pros
I am working part time.
Cons
I am working part time.
working for UMASS Boston
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
I love working for a school that I graduated from. In my last semester one of my professor's referred me to the study that I am currently working for. I volunteered for about a month and then they decided to hire me. I would recommend working for UMASS Boston to anyone.
Diversity school with dedicated faculty
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Umass Boston is one of the most diversity school in the greater Boston area with dedicated faculty. It is a fun, professional and dynamic place to be in.
Great place to work as well as learn in depth about the courses
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
I learnt how to work in a diverse workplace. The work culture is very different over here in United States. The most enjoyable part of my work is to with Professor on live project such as Massachusetts Film industry as well as to work with students on a regular basis and solving their problems. My co workers are other graduate student, we all share a good rapport among st each other and its a great working environment at UMass Boston. I learned to work in a diverse work environment and be really productive at the same point of time.
Look elsewhere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2015
DO NOT WORK HERE! Look elsewhere! High turn around rate, everyone is depressed and company doesn't care
Pros
weekends!
Cons
none!
Previously entered
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
previously entered, ther is nothing else to say that has not being said in the previous review
Pros
n?a
Cons
n?a
Great Workplace and experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2014
Throughout the week, I would work for up to three professors, each on their specific project. I would work on organizing and cleaning data files in SPSS, transcribing interviews, literature reviews, creating discussions for undergraduate classes, scheduling study participants, etc. The management was great because they were professors who were very open to mentoring and providing help to me when needed. My coworkers were other students and we would have regular meetings to go over our responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was learning how to balance school work with job responsibilities for my supervisors. The independence they provided with deadlines taught me how to organize and prioritize my assignments. I really enjoyed be able to learn from my supervisors and have the opportunity to contribute to their research.
a good opportunity for job-seeker to start their fresh career life
Information Technology Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2014
It is a good opportunity for those college student who starts to achieve work experience in Information Technology field. I learned a lot while working in this company, such as computer skill in both software and hardware. The co-workers that i work with are active and nice in helping others. The management are great enough to tell.
The hardest part of this job is to deal with student from other countries, because some of them may have the hard time to describe the issue or problem with the imperfect language. The most enjoyable part is the challenges that approach to you everyday, as long as i work there, skills and knowledge will increase day by day.
Pros
new challenges everyday while interacting with people from different races.
Great Job, Great University
Assistant Academic Advisor for Athletics (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2014
Really enjoyed the work environment, I felt challenged at work, but also supported. Overall, really good experience.
awesome school, diverse students.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2014
Love all the professors. UMass is a public school but there are so many great students and intelligent faculty members who are always willing to help new people.
Research completed in an environment that fostered learning, communication, and collaboration.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2014
My position at University of Massachusetts Boston as a graduate research assistant provided me with the opportunity to further my knowledge in psychological research. I was able to work and collaborate with a team of students and professors to complete various research projects of interest to me. Within our team meeting time, there was always time to learn more about the research process as well as to discuss our findings.
work study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
My hours were short, it was only work study so i did basic power point and Microsoft word document editing.
Pros
decent pay, good hours, long break, low stress
Cons
non
Great work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2014
-positive environment
-great coworkers
-hardest part of the job was walking over to the campus building to get food

4.3