University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Employee Reviews

Productive and Interesting
Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAJune 17, 2015
Working here had opened my eyes to a lot of things. It helped me to be more open minded. It showed me that people are always in different moods and you must adjust your thinking to accommodate people.
awesome place of employment
telecom attendant (Current Employee), north dartmouth, maMay 27, 2015
great people and management. mostly everyone working in the CITS department is friendly and understanding. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to complete my schoolwork while at work.
Easy-going workplace
Research Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 26, 2015
-Flexible hours, come and go as you please. I often worked later in the evening.
-Room for growth
-Lousy administration took a long time to process requests
Exciting, Beneficial, and fun
Campus Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 21, 2015
Working for UMass Dartmouth in the many ways that I have were fun, eye opening, and beneficial. I learned a lot about myself as a leader as well as my fellow co-workers. I was the one everyone could rely on and at times I was often seen as a mentor. Sometimes the job was stressful (especially during finals), but I would say the stress was worth it when you were helping people. Gratifying would be the most suitable description for working on this campus.
Well organized and managed
Library Stack Worker (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 21, 2015
• Sort books for shelving
• Record and tally statistics
• Shelf-read the stacks and other collections for proper call number order.
• Customer service is essential
Gives a boost to creativity
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Inovative culture
Cons: less funding
It was great being a student of the university, it offered me a lot to think about. Learned about believing in myself and doing the work with a Qualitative attitude.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (RA) - MIS (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMarch 11, 2015
the Staff was really helpful and supportive to the employee. You can freely contribute your idea to the process of improvement.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: i was able to complete my homework during work
Cons: hours were too little
Provide administrative assistance

Answered all incoming phone calls

Setup tutoring appointments for students that attend the university

Filed appointment records
comfortable
Cashier (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MANovember 13, 2014
great place to work while taking classes. meet a lot of people and you learn about different products.
Very supportive of the student/employee
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MANovember 9, 2014
- Great exposure to the "research" environment.
- Flexible work time, which is very helpful for a student pursuing a degree.
- Coworkers/fellow peers are very helpful.
What you make of it
Environmental Physiology Technician (Current Employee), North Dartmouth, MAOctober 8, 2014
The Cranberry Station is a great work environment sans the below average pay and "politics." It is a small place so the people who you work with become your family. A typical day as a Technician involves field, lab, and computer work. There are many opportunities including earning a graduate degree or starting your own project, if you're interested.
fun, challenging, fast paced
Student, Activities, Involvement, & Leadership (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MASeptember 23, 2014
Love working here. it was a lot of work for the little time we were given but the pay offs were great. Amazing resume builder and helped build me as a person and a leader.
Mature Work Environment
Tutor (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: able to complete homework while waiting for students to come.
Cons: the small environment allows the noise level to escalate, even with the slightest amount of noise.
I think that The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth runs an efficient tutoring center. Every staff member is dedicated in providing student's with a comfortable environment to work in. I think that my co-workers are extremely nice and intelligent.
Dest Attendant
Guest Clerk (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MASeptember 5, 2014
This job usually has late hours and little to no engaging activity. Although it is a good workplace, it is a boring job.
Good
Peer Advisor (Current Employee), N Dartmouth, MAJune 14, 2014
It was a good place to do work study on campus, I really enjoyed working with everybody in the office !
Invaluable Research Experience
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAJune 10, 2014
Conducted experiments independently, contributed to the scientific community, gained experience in presentation of data, and learned how to analyze results.
Umass Dartmouth - Always a Corsair
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMay 30, 2014
Pros: community development, leadership opporunity, teamwork, responsibility, time management
Over the past 4 years, I've had a great opportunities to work with many different personalities and people in the Housing and Residential Education office at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Over that time, I've worked with 7 different Resident Directors, who work as the supervisor of a college dorm. I've also worked with 30+ different Resident Assistants who are responsible for the well – more... being of the student and the community policies. Every year brought about a new staff and for me, brought a new way of interacting with people and getting to know different personalities. Working at this University brought about no difficult challenges besides having to to see the student the next day after having documented them for a policy violation. Some student would hold a grudge and other would understand that they did something from. The best part, besides working with new coworkers, was having the chance the help out student in the community. When students had issues in their personal life, roommamtes, or academics, I was responsible for helping them out and pointing them in the right direction. – less
Review Summary
Home and Children's Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 7, 2014
It's an easy job. The job however isn't good for the long run. It pays at minimum wage. It is good for extra money or while your in college and can't afford that much hours.
Relaxed workplace
Lab assistant (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 16, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Working as a lab assistant is a meticulous job. You have to handle specimen with care, and prepare for the lab student coming in. It is a great way to explore and learn more about science and chemistry.
Fast paced and dynamic environment
Director of Executive Office (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: interaction with students, various campus events.
Cons: long and irregular hours.
There was no such thing as a typical day at Dartmouth. Work days could range from 8 to 14 hours a day and the Chancellor's schedule was always changing. The most difficult part of the job was adapting to the Chancellor's ever-changing expectations, and the most enjoyable was dealing with the students.

Training the staff was also very enjoyable for me and is something that I have a lot of experience in.