University of Massachusetts Dartmouth

University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Employer Reviews

comfortable
Cashier (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MANovember 13, 2014
great place to work while taking classes. meet a lot of people and you learn about different products.
Very supportive of the student/employee
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MANovember 9, 2014
- Great exposure to the "research" environment.
- Flexible work time, which is very helpful for a student pursuing a degree.
- Coworkers/fellow peers are very helpful.
What you make of it
Environmental Physiology Technician (Current Employee), North Dartmouth, MAOctober 8, 2014
The Cranberry Station is a great work environment sans the below average pay and "politics." It is a small place so the people who you work with become your family. A typical day as a Technician involves field, lab, and computer work. There are many opportunities including earning a graduate degree or starting your own project, if you're interested.
fun, challenging, fast paced
Student, Activities, Involvement, & Leadership (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MASeptember 23, 2014
Love working here. it was a lot of work for the little time we were given but the pay offs were great. Amazing resume builder and helped build me as a person and a leader.
Mature Work Environment
Tutor (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: able to complete homework while waiting for students to come.
Cons: the small environment allows the noise level to escalate, even with the slightest amount of noise.
I think that The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth runs an efficient tutoring center. Every staff member is dedicated in providing student's with a comfortable environment to work in. I think that my co-workers are extremely nice and intelligent.
Dest Attendant
Guest Clerk (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MASeptember 5, 2014
This job usually has late hours and little to no engaging activity. Although it is a good workplace, it is a boring job.
Good
Peer Advisor (Current Employee), N Dartmouth, MAJune 14, 2014
It was a good place to do work study on campus, I really enjoyed working with everybody in the office !
Invaluable Research Experience
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAJune 10, 2014
Conducted experiments independently, contributed to the scientific community, gained experience in presentation of data, and learned how to analyze results.
Umass Dartmouth - Always a Corsair
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMay 30, 2014
Pros: community development, leadership opporunity, teamwork, responsibility, time management
Over the past 4 years, I've had a great opportunities to work with many different personalities and people in the Housing and Residential Education office at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Over that time, I've worked with 7 different Resident Directors, who work as the supervisor of a college dorm. I've also worked with 30+ different Resident Assistants who are responsible for the well being of the student and the community policies. Every year brought about a new staff and for me, brought a new way of interacting with people and getting to know different personalities. Working at this University brought about no difficult challenges besides having to to see the student the next day after having documented them for a policy violation. Some student would hold a grudge and other would understand that they did something from. The best part, besides working with new coworkers, was having the chance the help out student in the community. When students had issues in their personal life, roommamtes, or academics, I was responsible for helping them out and pointing them in the right direction.
Review Summary
Home and Children's Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 7, 2014
It's an easy job. The job however isn't good for the long run. It pays at minimum wage. It is good for extra money or while your in college and can't afford that much hours.
Relaxed workplace
Lab assistant (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 16, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Working as a lab assistant is a meticulous job. You have to handle specimen with care, and prepare for the lab student coming in. It is a great way to explore and learn more about science and chemistry.
Fast paced and dynamic environment
Director of Executive Office (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: interaction with students, various campus events.
Cons: long and irregular hours.
There was no such thing as a typical day at Dartmouth. Work days could range from 8 to 14 hours a day and the Chancellor's schedule was always changing. The most difficult part of the job was adapting to the Chancellor's ever-changing expectations, and the most enjoyable was dealing with the students.

Training the staff was also very enjoyable for me and is something that I have a lot of experience in.
good academic planing
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAFebruary 4, 2014
nice professors
nice and quite place for academic improvement
UMD
Residence Director (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAAugust 27, 2013
I found UMD to be a very active campus, with small issues ranging to large scale problems. That said, even during difficult times for the whole country economically, I still feel like the team atmosphere and being there for students was most a priority.

I enjoyed the team experience a lot and became a better professional because of the high challenge and supervision.
Supportive work environment
Caller/Fundraise (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: inclusive co-workers and managers
Cons: short shifts
As a caller for the Annual fund, we were trained in customer service and telephone sales techniques. Management was easy to work for.
Chanellging and fun
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAJuly 14, 2013
Evaluated educational program, conducted researches for student resources containing relevant career, job and educational information. Coordinated and completed special projects requested based on International students’ interests and needs. Assisted with data collection, assessment and development of annual report.
Same
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAMay 31, 2013
this school is one of the best collee to work for they pay for everything
Great Place to Work
Learning Commons Assistant (Current Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMay 14, 2013
I had no problems whatsoever while I was working at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.
I love the management
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 25, 2013
If I ever needed help my co-workers were there to help me in need.
Very intense
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 14, 2013
Work undertaken was confidential in nature, so I'm not in a position to share in public.