University of Massachusetts Lowell Employee Reviews

Hardworking is necessary.
Research and Teaching Asistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 26, 2016
I have many responsibilities weekly. The full effort should be gave for this job. This is very complicate and the high abilities and skills are required.
Income dependent on Advisor's grants and proposal
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 31, 2016
The departments vary at UMass so I can only speak of the ones I have worked for: Electrical Engineering. Pursuing your master's or PhD, you may need to do research and you may get a stipend in order to attend full time. The faculty do not work together, they often can't even guarantee if you will be funded for teaching assistant or research assistant.
Pros
Tuition waiver, health care discount
Cons
NO guarentee of graduation date and almost always longer than anticipated
Productive and Fun workplace
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 10, 2016
If you want to spent a good summer by living in university dorms and also want to help freshman students UML Orientation is the place for you to be consider working with.
Pros
Free lunch and accomodation in uniersity dorms
Enjoyable experience working while studying in undergraduate
Tutor/Grader (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 2, 2016
Tutored Mathematics at the tutoring center. Students would come in with homework questions regularly, I would help explain the concepts that they were trying to master.
Pros
Reliable, Scheduled hours, enjoyable
Cons
Boring when no one showed up
people are so nice
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 3, 2016
It is a nice University to pursue your study. There are a lot of opportunities to work with different students, which benefits me a lot.
Great learning institution
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 2, 2015
Work Ready, Life ready,....Indeed! Great place to work. Wonderful professors and a warm welcoming atmosphere. Opportunities to work with local cities and state government agencies.
Excellent Place to Earn Degree and Work!
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 22, 2015
Excellent place to work while attending school. I am able to earn a decent wage to support myself and keep focus on my academics. I am able to interact with faculty and students on a daily basis, which is great because it allows me to build stronger, more trusting relationships with these groups of people (especially when it is a professor of mine).
UMASS Lowell is an exciting place to work.
Associate Director Transfer admissions (Current Employee) –  Lowell, maJuly 13, 2015
UMASS Lowell is a University where much has happened over the last 5-7 years. It is an on the map campus for innovation, science and community partnership.
My typical day at work would be meeting with transfer students in my office. I also manage the MASS Transfer website where I will review Associate degree programs at the Massachusetts Community colleges for approval into the Mass Transfer program. I work with the financial aid office, the veterans office and the registrars' office on a variety of issues related to transfer students.
Fast paced and interesting environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 26, 2015
I either drove around students, answered phone calls, or supervised the employees. I got to meet a lot of new people and talk to students around the campus. Very nice and funny coworkers. Friendly management.
good
grader (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 24, 2015
The company and work culture is good. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a grader for engineering mathematics in the department of electrical engineering.
Interesting to troubleshoot computer, application , network issues.
I T Servicedesk associate (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 8, 2015
Support and troubleshoot issues related to computers, software, network issues at the faculty level. It is fun and interesting to work around the job in here to someone who would love to work with computers.
Fun place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 20, 2015
My advisor is a very nice person. The University has developed a lot over the years. Research facilities very good. Labs are clean and good environment.
busy, Very productive, kind people to work with
Graduate research assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 18, 2015
As a Ph.D student I have learned lots of skills in our lab and was also fortunate to be part of UMass new laboratory research facility.
I also had to manage the lab and enjoyed my teaching assistant experience with our diverse students.
very good choice
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 12, 2015
UML is really good place for working.
There have nice supervisors and co-workers.I learned a lot about how to do research and built very good mechanical background knowledge.
It's the most colorful journey in my life.
good
Reference Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 2, 2015
Very good as working as a Research Assistant at the University. It was little bit hard to deal some time. It was a project in the industry.
Graduate Research Assistant
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 5, 2015
Working at the University of Massachusetts Lowell can be good as a research assistant provide you have a good advise and plenty of funding.
Small, busy office on a busy college campus
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 5, 2015
My typical day involves entering applications and processing all documents that are required to complete those applications. I answer phones and greet walk-in students and assist them with any questions they may have. I also have a lot of experience with scanning the applications and accompanying materials into an imaging software program.
A good place for working and learning
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I really like to work and study here because you can always learn something new during the reaching and most of the co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Fun and informative job
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 21, 2014
My typical day at work is attending calls from the faculty and staff of University of Massachusetts Lowell. Most issues are dealt with on the phone or via remote login. Else, I can go and take care of the issue myself if possible or hand it over to one of the technicians.
I learnt a great deal about leadership under my supervisor. He is very patient, caring, informative and professional. My co-workers are students as well and we work in a way that compliments the department.
I never felt that there was something that was hard to do. Maybe at the beginning where getting my point through was a bit tough but I learned how to manage that under supervision.
Pros
free coffee, liberty to speak freely
Women is not a good boss
Staff assistant (Current Employee) –  OCEAugust 18, 2014
Good place to work but not her. You want one of those awful bosses, here she is.
Cons
boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Massachusetts Lowell. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3