University of Massachusetts Medical School

University of Massachusetts Medical School Employer Reviews

Good first job.
Research Technician I (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 17, 2014
Good place to work, people are nice and it is a focused environment. Pay could be better. I would recommend a job here to a friend that just graduated from their undergraduate program.
Amazing environment with much to learn and room to grow!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: amazing learning opportunities
Cons: tedious work
During my summer positions with UMass, I learned on an exponential level with professors who are truly passionate about their lines of work. The hours were flexible depending on my personal life creating and optimal work-life balance.

The hardest part of the job was remaining patient with the tedious amount of work involved in research; the output – more... is sometimes not visible for years at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the small concepts behind the human anatomy which overall plays a magnanimous role in our functions. – less
Equal Opportunity Workplace
HR Talent Associate (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MANovember 17, 2014
Overall rating is excellent, Job Work/Life Balance is the most important aspect of finding a great company. The Compensation and Benefits are outstanding.
Diverse culture
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: interesting project work
Cons: limited advancement opportunity
A great place to work. Advancement is limited.

I have learned a lot about project management and how it is so important in all facets of work and personal daily life.
Little room for collaboration
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 30, 2014
Little room for collaboration in my department. I have worked in this department for 2 years and have not been able to productively work on anything innovative.
Multi-faceted work environment
Director, Project Management & Implementation (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MASeptember 23, 2014
Dynamic environment; growth opportunities; culture a nice blend of academic, research and public service orientations
Great Research Facility
PhD Student (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 21, 2014
Great school dedicated to advancing scientific research
Very knowledgeable and helpful group of scientists
Good
Department of Disability Coordinator (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 23, 2014
Okay place to work. Worked as temp for almost two years.Low advancement, good culture, okay pay, great managers.
Busy and Productive enviroment
Interim Assistant to Dean of Undergraduate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: no overtime
I enjoy working here at the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education, I find it challenging and a positive learning experience every day.

I start each morning looking at calendar and responding to emails and completing tasks.

Management here is great very positive and helpful

Co-workers and very suportive and always glad to help or assist in any – more... situation

What I find somewhat difficult at firts was the calendar when you are assistant to the Dean its very difficult to accomodate her meetings but know as I work with calendar and talk about concerns the calendar has become more comfterable to work with.

I enjoy every aspect of my job, it's a different thing every day, from setting up for mini retreats, editing of documents and creating of spreadsheets and creating of charts I really enjoy what I do. – less
Great place to work - Stay away from Contract work funded by the government
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stay away from contract work funded by the government
Great place

hardest - commuter traffic

Favorable work culture
Competitive institution with plenty of opportunity
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 9, 2014
Excellent work environment and opportuinities to pursue an advanced degree in any field of biomedical research
Support from coworkers, but none from management or HR
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 23, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits choices
Cons: state pension so no social security credits, miserable environment, nonsupportive
Very stressful environment due to heavy workloads because employees are constantly resigning. Employees resigning because there is no support from supervisors or HR. HR and supervisors are also manipulative and condescending. Bullying and threats of termination.
Excellent learning opportunities, great benefits and work/life balance
Research (Current Employee), WorcesterMay 20, 2014
Excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in scientific research.
Wonderful
Data Collection Coordinator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMay 5, 2014
Pros: benefits and opportunity
Cons: most jobs are grant funded sop your job can ended any time
great company and benefits,opportunities great. though, as a medical school most of the positions are grant funded and your position can be eliminated at any time.
No Support with BULLYING
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousMarch 26, 2014
There has been continuous complaints about management regarding harrasment and bullying. When staff bring it to HRs attention. Nothing is done. The victim is expected to continue to work with the harrasment, with fears and anxiety daily. ABSOLUTLEY NO CONCERN OR SUPPORT FROM HR.
Great Co-workers
Research Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 17, 2014
UMASS Medical is a great place to work at with a variety of different departments. I went to school for GIS and I am able to utilize my skills here in their Geography/Research department. The co-workers here are great and easy to get along with.
Excellent experience
Research Associate (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: ended as soon as i graduated college
I had a great time working for Umass Med School.
My typical day consisted of culturing mammalian cells, western blotting, keeping up with cGMPs and maintaining the laboratory equipment as well as a clean, organized and suitable environment for research.

Worked with a team and independently on projects and presented data and current literature.

The – more... most enjoyable part was definitely analyzing the results and interpreting the data collected. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and importance. Another great part was my ideas were heard and i was able to contribute different experimental ideas and changes to the overall research project. – less
Generally a good place to work
Manager, Planning and CAFM Services (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 22, 2014
If they had a more established career advancement policy, it is unlikely that I would have left.
Great organization
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Learnt about budgeting, p&l analysis, marketing strategies to grow business.
The work enviroment and professional team was excellent
Early Intervention Developmental Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 17, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedules
Cons: to much driving
My work day started at the office but not necessarily, I could also go directly to the scheduled visits which could be at the hospitals, schools, Day Cares or homes. I used to visit children with developmental delays who previously had been screened and qualified to the program. I learned a lot about children development and to respect each child’s – more... pace to grow.
We worked as a team and also individually, it was an interdisciplinary team composed of nurses, psychologists, educators, physical and occupational therapists.
The hardiest part of the job was the driving during the bad weather, besides that, the job was a joy, a stress-free job, a pleasant activity.
I enjoyed every phase of my job, so much that I used to tell my supervisor that it was so wonderful to receive a salary for “just playing" since we offered that therapy to children through play setting. – less