University of Massachusetts Medical School Employee Reviews

Good place to work, no job security
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee), worcester, maJune 11, 2015
Benefits are great
40 hours per week
Management is in flex and unappreciative
low raises
I got apple certified there
not a lot of training
co-workers are mostly great
unfair work environment, favoritism
anon (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: chief of staff and med school management
Chancellor's office is very unfair and uncomfortable work environment, inappropriate behavior for that level. Chancellor Chief of Staff is inexperienced, immature and should not be in a management level role. Favoritism, bonuses and pay increases only to top level management.
Very Busy Office with very few people to do the work
HR Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Convenient, Comfortable work place
Cons: no breaks, no flex time and no pay increases
I loved my job, I enjoyed meeting the new people. I loved all my Co-workers, we all got along and did lots of things together.
Great opportunity to learn new technical skills
Research Volunteer (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 12, 2015
Daily tasks included maintaining fly stocks, completing genetic crosses and microscopy. I enjoyed learning new techniques and understanding the neurophysiology of drosophila.
Phenomenal experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 8, 2015
• Led a team of 4 research staff, volunteers and medical students across a $1 million dollar NIMH funded cohort study, Hormones and Brain Imaging in Postpartum Depression, in compliance with UMMS IRB, – more... GCP and NIH SOPs.
• Administered structured mental health interviews using SCID, HRDS, HRAS, EPDS, Likeart, PROMIS sleep scales; make subjective and objective patient assessments, perform venipuncture, buccal cell DNA sample, dipstick urine sample analysis and collect data from self-reported questionnaires – less
great and supportive environment
Graduate student (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: excellent training
Cons: living in worcester
I was here for graduate school. Had great mentors and a supportive graduate school management.
DES
Coordinator (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MA.December 21, 2014
Pros: no nights or weekends
Cons: extremely poor work environment
No Support from Management, too much favoritism with management! Only management favorites move up! Too much office confrontation between employees, reminded me of high school.
Good first job.
Research Technician I (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 17, 2014
Good place to work, people are nice and it is a focused environment. Pay could be better. I would recommend a job here to a friend that just graduated from their undergraduate program.
Amazing environment with much to learn and room to grow!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: amazing learning opportunities
Cons: tedious work
During my summer positions with UMass, I learned on an exponential level with professors who are truly passionate about their lines of work. The hours were flexible depending on my personal life creating – more... and optimal work-life balance.

The hardest part of the job was remaining patient with the tedious amount of work involved in research; the output is sometimes not visible for years at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the small concepts behind the human anatomy which overall plays a magnanimous role in our functions. – less
Equal Opportunity Workplace
HR Talent Associate (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MANovember 17, 2014
Overall rating is excellent, Job Work/Life Balance is the most important aspect of finding a great company. The Compensation and Benefits are outstanding.
Diverse culture
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: interesting project work
Cons: limited advancement opportunity
A great place to work. Advancement is limited.

I have learned a lot about project management and how it is so important in all facets of work and personal daily life.
Little room for collaboration
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 30, 2014
Little room for collaboration in my department. I have worked in this department for 2 years and have not been able to productively work on anything innovative.
Multi-faceted work environment
Director, Project Management & Implementation (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MASeptember 23, 2014
Dynamic environment; growth opportunities; culture a nice blend of academic, research and public service orientations
Great Research Facility
PhD Student (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 21, 2014
Great school dedicated to advancing scientific research
Very knowledgeable and helpful group of scientists
Good
Department of Disability Coordinator (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 23, 2014
Okay place to work. Worked as temp for almost two years.Low advancement, good culture, okay pay, great managers.
Busy and Productive enviroment
Interim Assistant to Dean of Undergraduate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: no overtime
I enjoy working here at the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education, I find it challenging and a positive learning experience every day.

I start each morning looking at calendar and responding to emails – more... and completing tasks.

Management here is great very positive and helpful

Co-workers and very suportive and always glad to help or assist in any situation

What I find somewhat difficult at firts was the calendar when you are assistant to the Dean its very difficult to accomodate her meetings but know as I work with calendar and talk about concerns the calendar has become more comfterable to work with.

I enjoy every aspect of my job, it's a different thing every day, from setting up for mini retreats, editing of documents and creating of spreadsheets and creating of charts I really enjoy what I do. – less
Great place to work - Stay away from Contract work funded by the government
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stay away from contract work funded by the government
Great place

hardest - commuter traffic

Favorable work culture
Competitive institution with plenty of opportunity
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 9, 2014
Excellent work environment and opportuinities to pursue an advanced degree in any field of biomedical research
Support from coworkers, but none from management or HR
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 23, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits choices
Cons: state pension so no social security credits, miserable environment, nonsupportive
Very stressful environment due to heavy workloads because employees are constantly resigning. Employees resigning because there is no support from supervisors or HR. HR and supervisors are also manipulative and condescending. Bullying and threats of termination.
Excellent learning opportunities, great benefits and work/life balance
Research (Current Employee), WorcesterMay 20, 2014
Excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in scientific research.