University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Good coworkers, lots of red tape
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 19, 2017
Most of the immediate coworkers are very nice however there are about fifty people you've never met that need to be consulted whenever something new is proposed.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not particularly ambitious
University of Massachusetts
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
UMass Boston is a good place to work despite the construction. However, my personal manager was impossible to work with - she hated her job and expected everyone to agree with her opinion - and if not, then work was very unpleasant. The benefits for all employees are amazing and the support for employees by the University is good, however, working daily with a negative person is impossible.
Pros
Full benefits for part-time employees
Cons
Construction and negative atmosphere
Wunderbare Arbeitskultur
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire County, MAOctober 17, 2017
Wunderbare Mitarbeiter im Labor, im Lehrbereich und extrem flexible Gestaltung der Arbeitszeiten. Freundliches, offenes Management welches stehts im Dialog stand, Anregungen aufnahm und unterstuetzend wirkte. Lob und Anerkennung wurde direkt weitergegeben.
Pros
Flexibilitaet, Freundlichkeit und herrliche Umgebung
Cons
Meist befristete Arbeitsverhaeltnisse
Will at a later date
Employee (Current Employee) –  UmassOctober 14, 2017
Not now. Will complete a full review at a later date. Many things that need to be said here, but will wait til the time is right. Senior management is great!! They seem genuine when they say they want to hear from employees and want to hear all the new ideas.
Better place to improve knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAOctober 10, 2017
It was a good experience to work with such a talented professor and senior students. I learnt a how to work professionally. Though a project was looking a bit difficult for me but my mentor help me very well throughout my project work.
Healthy educational environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 8, 2017
The UMASS Lowell police department has grown leaps and bounds since I moved on. Over the past twenty years they have become one of the highest trained police departments in their area.
Pros
The people and atmosphere
Cons
At the time it was lack of armed security
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 4, 2017
Great Job. I really enjoyed my boss and it was very relaxed. There is a lot of opportunity at this place. I learned a lot and grew as a worker, student and person.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 3, 2017
I would provide patients with great care and a smile to insure they had a great stay at our facility, helped them and anything they may need. I learned how to keep patients safe and also how to use important equipment. The culture at Umass is professional and hardworking we do the best for our patients and its all about safety. I enjoy the people i work with and making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
Great people, good food, good careers
Cons
short breaks, parking
This was the best job I ever had
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 28, 2017
This was the best job I ever had, it was very easy to advance, if you worked hard you were rewarded for your hard work. It was a great place to work and learn.
Ga
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 27, 2017
Staff works well together. Students come to class wanting to learn. Great environment. Great place to work. Professors very knowledgable and dedicated.
Great educational institute with a great overall work ethic.
Graduate Assistant (Center For Marketing Research) (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MASeptember 27, 2017
As a student i took on student roles which were available and it turned out to be a great experience whether it was teaching assistant or being a graduate assistant. Everyone was highly supportive and positive. It made my experience excellent overall. It motivated me to do much more!
excellent school for plastics engineering
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 25, 2017
UMass Lowell has a world-renowned plastics engineering program with one of the best faculty one can think of. The processing labs are equipped with anything you need and one has wide access to almost any analytical equipment one would ever need.
Ottimo ambiente lavorativo ma città inesistente e deprimente
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire County, MASeptember 25, 2017
Lavoro incredibile, grande livello professionale, ma la città in cui è posta l'università è una città fantasma, vuota d'estate, che deprime le persone influendo quindi sul lavoro
Productive and educational
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2017
Very enjoyable. Working as a graduate assistant helped with the cost of tuition and provided health insurance. Hours were occasionally flexible. Wish it was a full time position.
Productive and worth giving a shot.
Intake Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MASeptember 17, 2017
It was a great experience working for UMass. Great benefits and ensure to take advantage of all the opportunities they have, especially becoming a SHARE member.
Great student position
Grader (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MASeptember 16, 2017
Best student position on campus, with flexible hours. Some events come with free food after, or babysitting time that can be used to do homework. Could work from home.
Pros
Flexible hours, sometimes free food from events
Cons
Limited number of hours
Campus center (not the school, just one department in the building)
Event Setup (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
Assist the building manager set up for events housed by student organizations held in UMass Boston. Do the work specifically assigned work delegated by the building manager.
Pros
Taught me being stagnant isn't what I want for my life.
Cons
Building managers held huge ego's.
Productive and learned some crucial data analysis
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
It was a great place to learn but could be better. The hardest part of the job was data categorization and I was successful in creating a procedural tool for the analysis.
Productive, learn and apply information effectively. Prepare to work when needed.
Police Cadet (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 9, 2017
Fast paced, competitive and remember to always apply information handed to you, out on the field. Remain safe at all times, with eyes and ears open, alert. Ready to write and make statements verbally.
Pros
Team structured, hands on
Cons
long hours, can be a little far from home.
This was an on campus job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  BostonSeptember 6, 2017
This was an on campus job. Hence, most part of the questions not relevant. But whatever experience I have had, it has been great with tremendous support from the faculty