University of Massachusetts

University of Massachusetts Employer Reviews

Student
Student (Former Employee), Lowell MAApril 13, 2014
Pursuing MSE Mechanical Engineering expected to graduate in May 2014.
Working on Voice recognition programming using Embedded C
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAApril 2, 2014
Working as a part of UMass Lowell made me learn professional problem solving skills, leadership abilities, working in group opportunities and a lot more.
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Organizational Development (Former Employee), Amherst, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: supportive supervisor
Cons: limited opportunities to move to a higher level position
Develop and oversee the training program for the Physical Plant Division. Coach for pilot self-directed work team in the Power Plant.

I learned how to coach members and facilitate team meeting; Was able to obtain training and certification for MBTI assessments and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Research / Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate instructor (Former Employee), Lowell, MAMarch 24, 2014
Undergraduate and Graduate teaching assistant was a wonderful exposure to teach and learn and have hands on experience.
A great variety of opportunities and work environments within the institution.
Student Activities Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), Amherst, MAMarch 16, 2014
It is a blessing to be able to work with young people who are exploring possibilities for their future, and to feel that I have some part in their growth and development.
Solid Atmosphere, Not high pay
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: solid atmosphere
Cons: not high pay
Solid Atmosphere, Not high pay. Laid back management, collegial spirit.
A NICE JOB
Teaching Assistant, Accounting Department (Current Employee), Amherst, MAFebruary 18, 2014
have opportunities to work on research projects as well as teaching students.
A highly work-friendly environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work timings
Cons: no medical benefits
-As an Graduate Assistant I am acquiring necessary research skills
- The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new concepts about Business Intelligence & Business Analytic
- Working in association with professor helps in building up my reporting skills & maintaining relationship with faculty.
Excellent Teaching Environment
Lecturer Chemistry Department (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2014
The class mixture of cultures and nationalities makes this a wonderfully fertile environment to teach in.
Graduate School
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, MAJanuary 17, 2014
Highly directed graduate school program. Each student is given adequate advisement. The department accommodated a nice balance between home and school life.
Excellent work environment
Renewable Energy Researcher (Current Employee), Lowell, MAJanuary 7, 2014
gained experience in academic job. learned how to be a team player and managing my time and keep up with deadlines.
Research Study
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MANovember 21, 2013
• Performed research experiments on Protein Degradation, Unfolding, and Protein Quality Control
• Investigated the proteolytic activity between Response Regulators of Caulobacter crescentus and AAA+ ATP Dependent Protease.
• Studied response regulators in different pathways and CtrA and CpdR response regulators by using various lab techniques, such – more... as Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS) Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis, Miniprep, Restriction Digestion, Transformation, Western Blot, Synchronization, Bacterial Adenylate Cyclase Two-Hybrid System (BACTH), and Taq Error Prone Mutagenesis. – less
Very Enjoyable and Very Fast Paced Enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 12, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment with great co-workers
Cons: not as much autonomy
Most days involved, checking in patients: vitals signs and initial chief complaint. Certain days at certain times I ran a flu clinic. I also participated in inventory and infection control.
Excellent Undergrad Research Opportunity
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, MANovember 7, 2013
Interesting and Engaging research program. Highly recommended
Research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: self management of time
Cons: low salry
While working with my thesis professor I was self motivated and engaged into topics that truly fascinated me.
Administrative Assistance (internship)
Administrative Assistance (Internship) (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2013
I like working there so far but I am only on internship, the people here are nice, as in intern I feel a i do a lot.a lot of filingm,data entry copying papers
Great opportunity to manage a group of people and work on my management skills.
Housing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Amherst, MAOctober 4, 2013
The days would fluctuate depending on what work was needed, making each day have something new to offer. Being in charge of a crew up to eight members that would fluctuate from semester to semester, I had to learn each member's skills in a short amount of time and decide what each person excelled at. From here, each member would work together using – more... what he was best at to complete the tasks efficiently. The hardest part of the job was keeping these workers motivated, but at the same time, this was the most enjoyable part because it was an extremely enjoyable and successful working environment when we were all on the same page. – less
Good job if you need a part-time
Student Receptionist (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: they work around your school schedule
Cons: wasn't busy
Summer time was most busiest time to work--It was usually very slow because people couldn't find the office
Good to have a job while you are a student
Research and Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MASeptember 9, 2013
It is challenging to work with college students. You learn how to work with people with different major and personality.
Disability Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, MASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: coworkers
The people really make the place where one works either pleasant or not. The people that I worked with were wonderful. Very friendly and helpful.

1 2 3 4