University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Top Tier Quality Establishment
Hampshire Dining Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 7, 2017
I have had a passion for the food industry and having the pleasure of gaining more knowledge and learning how Universities are bringing local "Farm to Table" food production to the faculty/students.

The staff from the Chef's, Department Management, line Staff, kitchen Staff, you will always see people enjoying their jobs and working well together.
Perfect enviroment for learning
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAMarch 1, 2017
My job is mostly to help assist my professor work. I mostly spend time conducting the exams and help grade exam paper. Charlton college of business is newly constructed and has all the facilities. They recently introduced the 3D printers facility for everyone.
Pros
Quiet, Peaceful, Spacious
Cons
Construction going on in the campus.
Internal Audit Management are Hacks
Sr IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 3, 2016
You'll find massive turnover in Internal Audit because Management is both insecure and incompetent. There's a very high level of complaints regarding both harassment and sexism. Quality staffing is quickly and easily poached by quality institutions. There's no money in public institutions. Good luck.
Pros
Ummmmm
Cons
See review
Great working with professionals and got to learn a alot from them in such friendly environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Got an opportunity to work with experienced professionals which motivated me to do better and helped me in upgrading and improving my technical, professional skills.
Busy but great management and support
Front Desk/Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
It was a work study job, so only was able to work a certain amount of hours a week. Some days are busier than others, mostly I did office work. Great management team, they are really supportive and fun people.
Family oreinted environment, Great Coworkers
Asst Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 18, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of evaluating film, to help prepare for opponents, Practice with our team , and making phone calls to speak with potential student athletes. Really leaned how to make the most of my time. Phenomenal resources made it easy on us to get a lot of work done. My coworkers were the absolute best!! We've know each other for a long time and being blessed to have the opportunity to work in an environment of great people was great!! The most enjoyable part of my job was the time spent away from my family, do to travel. The most enjoyable part was also the travel with team and coworkers.
Pros
Travel, Bonuses, Great CoWorkers
Cons
Travel, Long Hours
Gradschool with exceptional polymer focus
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MaOctober 5, 2016
Fantastic program for polymer/material science. Well funded and largely independent from the university.

First year is all classes.

After that, a typical day is 9 - 12 hours of independent research.

hardest part of the job is dealing with your advisor.

I love the science and the challenges.
A University that drives the driven.
Residence Hall Association (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 23, 2017
This University advocates to push students to excel in their field. The university works to educate the students in real life work environment situations.
Great benefits
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 6, 2017
Great benefits, health insurance is fairly priced. Pay is less than comparable positions at other schools. Overall a good work environment with opportunities to help others every day.
Umass Boston
Zumba┬« Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2016
Umass Boston's group fitness room was not the best. A typical day included waiting for the instructor before me to finish on time, and rushing to get my music ready for my class. The sound system was not good and very fuzzy. The floor was also not padded at all. The management was great, and the co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was leading class with such a hard floor. Eventually I had to leave this position because I would have knee pain after class. The most enjoyable part of the job was having students taking a break from studies and participating.
Pros
student atmosphere
Cons
sound system, flooring
Great opportunity
Assistant to the Provost (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 26, 2017
Great opportunity to learn, and to do actual administration in very special programs. Great time and served with some fantastic people. It gave me a great foundation.
Excellent place to work
Assistant to the Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Would highly recommend working here. Wish I was still working here and could get a full time job here now that I'm done with school.
Good place to do graduate studies and research
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 7, 2016
Good place to do graduate studies and research. Mechanical Engineering Department is rapidly growing in terms of undergraduate students intake and research activities.
A good University
Research Assistant in Susan Whitbourne's Lab (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 3, 2016
A wonderful place with good research and excellent job positions. I am only a student, and therefore working for credit, but I have enjoyed my time here
UMMS Review
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
work-life balance is good. Pay is decent, benefits good. But employee appreciation and relationships with upper management is severely lacking.
Pros
free water, tea, coffee
Cons
job security
Was a Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 11, 2017
Can say that after being there for some time, you have to find a niche for your self, it will never come to you. Otherwise, you will feel like your spire number.
Doing Masters in Computer Science
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Graduate student in Computer Science at University of Massachusetts Boston

I'm well curved in Web Development and inquisitive to learn about new technologies.
Great place to be a graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 20, 2016
One of the only Universities in the U.S. with a Graduate Student Union. You receive health care, and other great support which helps to make your graduate experience easier to navigate.
Very good starting place to work for a trainer, great experience
Floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 9, 2016
Very good starting place to work for a trainer, great experience. It is very easy to work around your class schedule. The management is helpful but sometimes would like to see them be more lenient with minor screw-ups such as if you take a sick day, no matter the reason or if you have a note, they take points off. Points are a system used here to see if someone should be eligible for rehire, or even fired.
Productive and sometimes challenging
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2016
We provide technical support to faculty, staff and students engaged in using classroom technology. It is a productive job in which you learn something new almost every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Massachusetts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4