University of Massachusetts Employee Review

View all University of Massachusetts reviews

Great opportunity to manage a group of people and work on my management skills.
Housing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 4, 2013
The days would fluctuate depending on what work was needed, making each day have something new to offer. Being in charge of a crew up to eight members that would fluctuate from semester to semester, I had to learn each member's skills in a short amount of time and decide what each person excelled at. From here, each member would work together using what he was best at to complete the tasks efficiently. The hardest part of the job was keeping these workers motivated, but at the same time, this was the most enjoyable part because it was an extremely enjoyable and successful working environment when we were all on the same page.

Other University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

I was a contract worker for UMASS
contract worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2017
I can't speak for UMASS as I was a temporary employee. It is a state funded office, so there is typically dissatisfaction and lack of funding and support. My manager was terrific, the people were great, but there was a hiring freeze when I tried to apply for full-time work
Pros
nice people
Cons
state job with no funding
Great On Campus Job
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MADecember 7, 2017
If you have work study or want a job on campus I can not recommend this one enough it is a demanding job but the people and experiences make it worth all of the hard work not to mention it looks great on a resume.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hard Work