University of Massachusetts

University of Massachusetts Employer Reviews

Great Research facility
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 15, 2014
Gives an opportunity to work and learn through the good and inspiring people.
Learned from professor
Teachers Aide (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 14, 2014
Being a teacher's aide allowed me to have the confidence to work on a team, as it was my first time. I learned very much from my professor and I had a great time.
A typical day at work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Winthrop, MAOctober 2, 2014
Coming into work to Umass Boston, is a great way to start the day. I will come in the office and have the pleasure to work with people that have so much experience in other fields, such as business administration, economics and public policy. Working with them gives me the opportunity to learn from them and their experiences, but also how all together – more... come to form the Gaston Institute a team towards the improvement of the community. One day I will work on the transcriptions of the last research study on health, and on the other days I will assist with the new research project regarding health insurance enrollment. The managers are helpful, resourceful and knowledgeable, always willing to give advices for any improvements.
My co-workers, are students of Umass, we all have different backgrounds in our majors, but this is just another strength for the team. The diversity among us, makes the work environment a classroom of learning something new everyday. All of them are kind and respectful.
The hardest part of the job, is just the commute to school; is challenging due to the lack of parking and the delays of the train some days. Aside from that there is not a hard part in the job, is nice to go to work,
What I enjoy the most, is the diversity found in my job, we are also surrounded by other Institutes of the university and get to learn about the research projects they are working on, and get to meet people with all sort of experiences and knowledge. All of them so passionate for what they do, and it's contagious, the passion to improve, to learn and to apply the experiences learned. – less
Good
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Current Employee), Amherst, MASeptember 9, 2014
Nice people, good for reserch, Nice people, good for reserch
Brilliant
Financial Modeling - Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 1, 2014
Brilliant - Superb - Almost no work. Location amazing, Typical day at work was walk in at 8 and leave at 4 sharp
I was not there long enough to say very much, but I enjoyed my time there
Clerk IV (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAAugust 21, 2014
I was not there long enough to say very much, but I enjoyed my time there
Educational and fun workplace
Supervisor of Janitors (Current Employee), Amherst, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid lunch, out at 3 pm.
A typical day at work for me is making sure everything is in order and there are no complaints in any of my buildings from students or staff. My co-workers are great to work with and treat eachother with respect. I have learned a lot from this job even though I have had previous supervisor experience. I have one of the biggest/ busiest areas in all – more... of UMASS Amherst campus. I have 45 employees (50 during summer) and in charge of 9 dormitories along with 1 on campus apartment complex that consists of 11 buildings totaling just under 120 apartments. I am the youngest supervisor on campus especially with this amount of employees. I enjoy that I am always kept busy so time goes by fast and the staff I work with great. Also I am salary plus get overtime so it works out nice. – less
Good place to work.
Senior Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 23, 2014
Good place to work. Short(ish) commute. Allow working from home one day a week or in bad weather. Break room with ping pong table. Co-workers were the best!
Great learning experience
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great work experience, excellent networking availability
A typical day at work consisted of assisting in the design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases using GuideStar Non-Profit Organization website to collect tax information for non-Profit organization that are pro-choice or pro-life. I helped manage data collection projects by entering tax data and electronic mailing dead-lines and – more... transcribing notes onto an Excel Spreadsheet. I learned how to do extensive research and how to manipulate the GuideStar public website in a timely manner. The manger of this research project was smart and had great patience in teaching others how to do the work effectively and efficiently. The most interesting part of the job was learning about the different organizations and what position was taken in regards to being pro-choice and pro life. – less
Great College with Great Professors
Teaching Assistant for Mechanical Design I (Former Employee), Lowell, MAJune 21, 2014
Good balance between hands on teaching and classroom lectures
excellent environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2014
really liked my position as a research assistant. As a graduate student worked in research field, and I leaned to use SPSS and other research skills.
monitoring daily work assignment, and work orders for UM
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: working with um community.
Cons: short lunch break
Review pending and completed work orders daily, make sure work assignment are covered. Meet with client daily for up-coming events and respond to emergency on campus.
UMass Job
Football Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Amherst, MAJune 10, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: no benefits, compensation
I love the job but it doesn't come with benefits. I conduct cold calls throughout the day.
University
Senior Laboratory (Former Employee), Amherst, MassachusettsJune 3, 2014
This school was conducive to my learning. I was able to complete a chemical engineering degree and a minor in chemistry.
Busy step-down trauma/vascular/surgical unit.
Staff RN, Step-Down Trauma/Vascular/Surgical (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: collaborative staff.
Cons: hired for night shift/preferred days.
Hired for full time night shift (only available shift). Busy workplace; great staff.
Amazing opportunity to get exposure as a young prospective writer
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: amazing opportunity
Cons: unpaid
Benefits of writing for HerCampus:
Work from anywhere
Flexibility with kind of work/article topics
Great Supporting Staff
Exposure into the field
Opportunity to develop as a young writer
Productive and Engaging
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, MAMay 13, 2014
Not only do I work at the University, I study there too. The University is very accommodating for student employees and fosters their growth in all that they do.
Fast pace enviornment
Housing maintainer (Former Employee), Amherst, MAMay 6, 2014
Cons: poor management
Management needs help in being organized, and treat employees fairly. Co-workers are great.
Competitive education system
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAApril 29, 2014
Every student will have a chance to gain productive experience
Productive place to work
Assistant Librarian (Current Employee), Lowell, MAApril 24, 2014
Pros: peaceful
Cons: short break
• Assist students with online research
• Ensure a high quality service

1 2 3 4 5