University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews in United States

Where we learn with purpose
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
This is a place that I expanded my research area from conventional plastics processing to cutting-dege material science. The graduate courses in Plastics Engineering are fantastic.
Somewhat organized
Front/Back of house employee (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMay 23, 2016
Everyday varied sometimes I would be preparing the food and others I would be serving the food. I would have to keep a clean work space.
It was fun and very educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 22, 2016
The job was very interesting, and I have learnt a lot about new device and instrument including network analyzer, hydrophone, power amplifier and pre-amplifier. My co-workers were really supportive of what i was doing and helped me in every case.
Data entry position
Clerk IV, Registrar, UMass Amherst (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAApril 29, 2016
Enjoyed being part of a University system. Worked with a friendly, courteous, and professional team.
Clear job expectations, very routine.
Pros
Friendly department atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, monotonous, but necessary, work
UMass Boston
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with smart, efficient, curious, and fun loving individuals from all around the world. I truly enjoyed working at UMass Boston
Pros
People, pay, benefits, location
Cons
Opportunity for advancement
A good place to work
Assistant to the Dean/Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 14, 2016
The University has been a good place to work so far. Benefits are good, though they are State benefits, and not comparable to other places I have worked. The pay is very good, friendly co-workers.
Very professional and fun atmospher, great group of people
Chef (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 12, 2016
Umass is high energy, very diverse cuisine, strick adherence to food safety, Managment is awesome very hands on and easy to approach.
Good benefits,
Director Of Access Control (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2016
The climate and culture was very unique and it just wasn't a good fit for overall.The best part of the job was the actual work and day to day operation to achieve the desired results. My least favorite part of the job was the level of communication ad time and energy spent to to move things along for effienciency perspective.
Not an easy job.
Secretary to the Board of Trustees (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2016
No typical day, everyday was different depending on Board schedule. I worked well with co workers and some very difficult people. The hardest part of the job was it was a 24/7 position, I was always on call. Coordinating everyone's schedules and running meetings was very stressful. The best part was the relationships I established with the Trustees and I was paid well.
Pros
Co workers and Trustees
Cons
Co workers, stress, always on call.
fun and professional workplace
Administrative Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Working at Grants & Contracts is a great experience. It is fun and professional work place. I have learnt a lot and my colleagues are great.
A well equipped place to do science
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJanuary 27, 2016
A great place to do research. Everyday the work was very time-demanding, keeping me busy and focused on my research. The most enjoyable part of my work was when I got the experiments to work out. Work in UMass Amherst was very enjoyable, to live in Amherst not much though.
Fun and quiet workplace
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
I never worked here before. But from now I wish to work here forever. Also, this position gave me the opportunities to look forward into my career in the future.
It was awesome
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 13, 2015
it was an educational experience, learned a lot of valuable skills that i was able to bring into the work force later on in life. If you have the opportunity definitely work here
Nice place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 7, 2015
A lot of promising research projects but the conditions of the old buildings are bad.Still nice place to work and the location is very advantageous.
Pros
Close to R&D market
Cons
bad laboratory conditions
Enjoyable
Office Manager - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MANovember 14, 2015
I enjoy working with the staff of the Renaissance Center. I have the pleasure to work with a wonderful staff who communicates well
Project management work.
Teaching I Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 8, 2015
Independently wrote two research project proposals which were funded by the departments of the Beijing government and also developed certain skills on marketing.
Follett
Breakage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, MANovember 8, 2015
Typically, you run a register. Upon advancement you can do paperwork, receiving and other various tasks. Managers show little respect. Employees are terrible workers.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Little breaks, rude managers
Intern
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2015
Awesome Work environment. Great people. Awesome opportunities. Ability for growth. The Management is great, and the professors are always wiling to help you.
Pros
Growth
Cons
None!
Fast-pace, no advances
Solution Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 29, 2015
The university is appealing and is quickly expanding. The work environment can be challenging but if you are eager and motivated, you will overcome the obstacles.
Amazing Experience for Students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 23, 2015
The UMass Annual Fund is a great opportunity for students to experience fund raising in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Understanding of work/school balance and lots of free food
Cons
high turnover rate

4.4