University of Massachusetts Employee Review

View all University of Massachusetts reviews

Brilliant
Financial Modeling - Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2014
Brilliant - Superb - Almost no work. Location amazing, Typical day at work was walk in at 8 and leave at 4 sharp

Other University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Lowest Salary and benefits , No promotions, stagnating career prospects
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 21, 2018
While all the universities all across USA has made post-doctoral salaries same as NIH scale with yearly increments , UMASSMED School and specifically our department, MCCB is still paying us like in the year 2000. No promotions based on seniority , long post docs (7 years +) and at the end of that PIs are very very unwilling to promote post docs to non tenure track faculty positions. Instead they either try to get rid of them or try to put them in research technician positions. The benefits are also abominable. This is the absolute worst place to work as a post doc in USA.
Pros
more or less permanent jobs
Cons
Lowest Salary and benefits, No promotions, stagnating career prospects
Very Nice and pleasant workspace.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day is very relaxed and nice. Very hands on as well as a learning experience. Usually, we would come in and get right to work. While we work we are not allowed to listen to music or anything because we are working with others. We communicate and work together to make different solutions, and prepare labs. The management is very laid back and I don't think there is anything to hard.