University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Assistant to the Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Would highly recommend working here. Wish I was still working here and could get a full time job here now that I'm done with school.
Great working with professionals and got to learn a alot from them in such friendly environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Got an opportunity to work with experienced professionals which motivated me to do better and helped me in upgrading and improving my technical, professional skills.
A good University
Research Assistant in Susan Whitbourne's Lab (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 3, 2016
A wonderful place with good research and excellent job positions. I am only a student, and therefore working for credit, but I have enjoyed my time here
UMMS Review
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
work-life balance is good. Pay is decent, benefits good. But employee appreciation and relationships with upper management is severely lacking.
Pros
free water, tea, coffee
Cons
job security
Good place to do graduate studies and research
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 7, 2016
Good place to do graduate studies and research. Mechanical Engineering Department is rapidly growing in terms of undergraduate students intake and research activities.
Doing Masters in Computer Science
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Graduate student in Computer Science at University of Massachusetts Boston

I'm well curved in Web Development and inquisitive to learn about new technologies.
Internal Audit Management are Hacks
Sr IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 3, 2016
You'll find massive turnover in Internal Audit because Management is both insecure and incompetent. There's a very high level of complaints regarding both harassment and sexism. Quality staffing is quickly and easily poached by quality institutions. There's no money in public institutions. Good luck.
Pros
Ummmmm
Cons
See review
fun place to work
Grader (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 13, 2016
learning environment with lots of opportunities
Very friendly people around.
I enjoy my work everyday and like my school.I have got lot of opportunities from my school.
Gradschool with exceptional polymer focus
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MaOctober 5, 2016
Fantastic program for polymer/material science. Well funded and largely independent from the university.

First year is all classes.

After that, a typical day is 9 - 12 hours of independent research.

hardest part of the job is dealing with your advisor.

I love the science and the challenges.
Productive and sometimes challenging
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2016
We provide technical support to faculty, staff and students engaged in using classroom technology. It is a productive job in which you learn something new almost every day.

Want to know more about University of Massachusetts?

Ask a question
Great place to be a graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 20, 2016
One of the only Universities in the U.S. with a Graduate Student Union. You receive health care, and other great support which helps to make your graduate experience easier to navigate.
Family oreinted environment, Great Coworkers
Asst Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 18, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of evaluating film, to help prepare for opponents, Practice with our team , and making phone calls to speak with potential student athletes. Really leaned how to make the most of my time. Phenomenal resources made it easy on us to get a lot of work done. My coworkers were the absolute best!! We've know each other for a long time and being blessed to have the opportunity to work in an environment of great people was great!! The most enjoyable part of my job was the time spent away from my family, do to travel. The most enjoyable part was also the travel with team and coworkers.
Pros
Travel, Bonuses, Great CoWorkers
Cons
Travel, Long Hours
very productive
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 16, 2016
I kept this job while attending UMS Lowell . This job was helpful because of its schedule convience and als provided me with income to support my self.
Pros
Frindly enviornment
A good college for higher education
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAAugust 19, 2016
A good college for our higher education.
It is one of the best college which I have studied.
I have learned a lot of skills from Umass Dartmouth which include how to manage resources and work efficiently.
Umass Boston
Zumba┬« Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2016
Umass Boston's group fitness room was not the best. A typical day included waiting for the instructor before me to finish on time, and rushing to get my music ready for my class. The sound system was not good and very fuzzy. The floor was also not padded at all. The management was great, and the co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was leading class with such a hard floor. Eventually I had to leave this position because I would have knee pain after class. The most enjoyable part of the job was having students taking a break from studies and participating.
Pros
student atmosphere
Cons
sound system, flooring
Overall a good place to work
Professor of Laboratory Science (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UMD. My position was eliminated. I enjoyed the students very much. The Department was woefully underfunded and has been for years.
Pros
Great Students
Cons
None reallt
fun
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 25, 2016
This was a job I held while I was still an undergraduate student. It was one of the best jobs I had at that point in time. I performed research in a physics lab there.
high energy environment with opportunity to write and research
Lecturer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work consists with teaching courses for doctoral students, and participating in doctoral dissertation committees.
The most enjoyable part of the work is teaching and advising students.
Writing Tutor
Reading, Writing, Study Strategies Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2016
Love the RWSSC. Great people, great co-workers ... dealing with the rest of the school on the other hand could often be a headache. The bureaucracy is notoriously bad.
Pros
Diverse work environment, good people
Cons
School administration in general is terrible
Very good starting place to work for a trainer, great experience
Floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 9, 2016
Very good starting place to work for a trainer, great experience. It is very easy to work around your class schedule. The management is helpful but sometimes would like to see them be more lenient with minor screw-ups such as if you take a sick day, no matter the reason or if you have a note, they take points off. Points are a system used here to see if someone should be eligible for rehire, or even fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Massachusetts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4