University of Massachusetts

University of Massachusetts United States Employee Reviews

Overall School is great, department is in a struggle
Resident Advisor (Current Employee), Lowell, MAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free housing. Good leadership opportunities
Cons: Balance between work and personal life is a tough balance.
Some of the new leadership for this particular department is still finding a balance between of leadership and personal development.
Great Learning Opportunity
System Analyst (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 6, 2015
UMass offered a work environment that was non stressful. they offered the IT staff an opportunity to Lear new job functions and expand their knowledge. This expansion of knowledge allowed staff to be able to take on other job functionality.
Great Corporation
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAApril 6, 2015
The company provides great working environment, compensation packages and career opportunity. However, I would like to pursue my further degree so I decided to move to US to study .
Good experience and get to learn many things.
I. Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAMarch 23, 2015
Working at UMass Lowell was productive and get to learn many things. We worked on synthesis of nanoparticles such as silica nanoparticles coated with sugar. I assessed the cytotoxicity of these nanoparticles on mammalian cell lines like primary lung cells, macrophages and A549 cells. I have to troubleshoot the problems in cytoxicity and MIC assay which I considered as difficult part of my job. But at end, I get to learn many new techniques and get hands on experience on micro plate reader instrument, confocal microscopy and flow cytometry. Now I am looking for most challenging opportunities where I can apply my skills gained in laboratory.
Microbial Ecology Laboratory Research intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Academic Research laboratory. Learn new things everyday. Team work superb and sometimes free lunch after lab meeting
Fun
Residential Academic Program (RAP) Mentor (Former Employee), AmherstMarch 10, 2015
This job doesn't exist anymore...But when it did exist it was an awesome job. Relatively no requirements and awesome compensation. By boss was also very nice and is now a good friend of mine.
Productive and creative research workplace
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Amherst, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Very productive research place where you are pushed to your limits so that one comes out with their best efforts without exhausting themselves. Some enjoyable part of the job are the daily tech talks along with free food.
Great job experience working with excellent professor and co-workers
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours/great co-workers/great team work
Cons: pressure to meet the project deadline
It is a great working experience. Not only I learned the technique on how to write a professional financial report but also I had a chance to do some out of class financial literature review. I have compatible co-worker which is awesome because we can brain storming ideas and work together.
Great experience
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee), Amherst, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Couldn't have asked for a better year of experience into college coaching. Got a great taste for the ups and downs of the business and worked with some great people.
A good environment and flexibility to work
Graduate Research Assistant, Marketing (Current Employee), BostonFebruary 10, 2015
The professor under whom I was placed was organized, appreciated hard work and honesty and provided flexibility in working hours to work.
A Great Teaching Institution
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Anyone with a passion for plastics should come here. The access to instruments and equipment is unparalleled.
Also professors are very approachable and take pleasure in the advancement of their students.
Courier
Health Services (Former Employee), Amherst MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: secure employment
I enjoyed the courier position as well as working on the grounds
Great experience
Apartment Living Advisor, Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MAJanuary 10, 2015
I am work on many different projects and department.
I was a tutor, teacher assistant, peer mentor, Research assistant etc.
Every job was a learning experience.
UMass is great.
Amherst - Math Tutor (Former Employee), Amherst, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: comfortable job
All the jobs that I've had at UMass were extremely comfortable.
Excellent company to work for.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lowell, MADecember 16, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Excellent company to work for.
Good University, good academic environment and good living
Post-doctoral research associate (Current Employee), Amherst, MANovember 5, 2014
I usually work five days a week and eight hours a day. There are plenty of academic resources which promote my research greatly. The colleagues here are all very nice and glad to help each other and carry out efficient collaboration.
good
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MANovember 3, 2014
great. Enjoyed my career at Umass. As an RA i learned a lot. I leanrt about suicide prevention, i learned to be a good listerner, be there for my floor members, public speaking etc... it was a blast
Lab Assistance
Lab Assistance (Former Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 26, 2014
Learnt a lot about mentoring and assisting students through this job. It even polished my skills with matlab , multisim and Cadence. I worked in The basic electronics circuits labs 1 and 2 which had more than 50 computers. Maintaining every computer and keeping track of equipments like CROs and oscilloscopes where my prime responsibilities. I also had to re calibrate the systems.
Excellent learning and work enviornment
Instructor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 22, 2014
You will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities. You will learn in lectures and in your own classrooms.
Great Research facility
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 15, 2014
Gives an opportunity to work and learn through the good and inspiring people.

1 2 3 4 5