University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews in United States

Fun
Residential Academic Program (RAP) Mentor (Former Employee) –  AmherstMarch 10, 2015
This job doesn't exist anymore...But when it did exist it was an awesome job. Relatively no requirements and awesome compensation. By boss was also very nice and is now a good friend of mine.
Intern
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2015
Awesome Work environment. Great people. Awesome opportunities. Ability for growth. The Management is great, and the professors are always wiling to help you.
Pros
Growth
Cons
None!
Nice place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 7, 2015
A lot of promising research projects but the conditions of the old buildings are bad.Still nice place to work and the location is very advantageous.
Pros
Close to R&D market
Cons
bad laboratory conditions
Research work, Publications.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAAugust 30, 2015
I am a graduate research assistant at University of Massachusetts. I work with a group of eight people all working towards the reliability of the systems. It a small group of people working together for world betterment.

I improved my ability to think, implement and acquired a knowledge to solve problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is attending group meetings where each person will talk about their research work and others provide the feedback to get the optimal solutions.
Project management work.
Teaching I Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 8, 2015
Independently wrote two research project proposals which were funded by the departments of the Beijing government and also developed certain skills on marketing.
Enjoyable
Office Manager - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MANovember 14, 2015
I enjoy working with the staff of the Renaissance Center. I have the pleasure to work with a wonderful staff who communicates well
Great opportunity for students
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work as a student. Management understands work and school balance. It was great to be able to work alongside my peers and help them succeed as well.
Fast-pace, no advances
Solution Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 29, 2015
The university is appealing and is quickly expanding. The work environment can be challenging but if you are eager and motivated, you will overcome the obstacles.
Amazing Experience for Students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MASeptember 23, 2015
The UMass Annual Fund is a great opportunity for students to experience fund raising in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Understanding of work/school balance and lots of free food
Cons
high turnover rate
Job Security, Flexibility, Raises
Residence Hall Student Security (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 13, 2012
Working for UMass as a student was great. There was job security and each semester you would receive a small raise. Most of the employees are also students so there is an understanding when you need to switch around work due to class/studying/exams.
Pros
super flexible
Cons
no benefits.
A highly work-friendly environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2014
-As an Graduate Assistant I am acquiring necessary research skills
- The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new concepts about Business Intelligence & Business Analytic
- Working in association with professor helps in building up my reporting skills & maintaining relationship with faculty.
Pros
flexible work timings
Cons
no medical benefits
A fun place to work and learn
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 1, 2015
A typical day would be to answer phones and emails. I learned to be patient with the people I talk to and don't let there anger and frustration affect they way that I talk to them. Management is very helpful and friendly. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the person.
Fun and Balanced
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 13, 2015
Worked as a Residential Assistant, so class and res life were pretty balanced. Classes during the day and Res life in the evening. Planned events for residents based on students interests as well as held floor meetings. I ensured the safety of all residents and assisted during Fire Drill trainings. Wonderful experience. Worked with a team to create the best environment for all students.
Amazing opportunity to get exposure as a young prospective writer
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMay 15, 2014
Benefits of writing for HerCampus:
Work from anywhere
Flexibility with kind of work/article topics
Great Supporting Staff
Exposure into the field
Opportunity to develop as a young writer
Pros
amazing opportunity
Cons
unpaid
Gained lot of experience
Computer lab consultant / IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
- Provide IT Help Desk support and resolve technical issues
- Maintain all the printers’ & card readers’ network and desktop computer workstations all over the campus.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Assist students and professors with hardware and software in all the undergraduate & graduate labs
- Assist students with disabilities with adaptive software and hardware technology
- Help supervisors install hardware, software, and resolve technical issues
Amazing
Financial Aid Student Officer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 13, 2015
Working in the FA office at UMass Lowell was amazing opportunity. I was able to learn so much and the staff were very flexible with my work schedule while in school.
Amazing college experience with professors and staff who cared about my education.
UMass Job
Football Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 10, 2014
I love the job but it doesn't come with benefits. I conduct cold calls throughout the day.
Pros
management
Cons
no benefits, compensation
Good experience and get to learn many things.
I. Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 23, 2015
Working at UMass Lowell was productive and get to learn many things. We worked on synthesis of nanoparticles such as silica nanoparticles coated with sugar. I assessed the cytotoxicity of these nanoparticles on mammalian cell lines like primary lung cells, macrophages and A549 cells. I have to troubleshoot the problems in cytoxicity and MIC assay which I considered as difficult part of my job. But at end, I get to learn many new techniques and get hands on experience on micro plate reader instrument, confocal microscopy and flow cytometry. Now I am looking for most challenging opportunities where I can apply my skills gained in laboratory.
I Loved This Job
Study Abroad Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 28, 2013
A rewarding experience as a Study Abroad Assistant. Great office environment and compensation.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay and contract worker.
Excellent work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell MAAugust 28, 2012
Great benefits package and great opportunities to grow if employed. Also, the experience was worth the time.
Pros
tuition discount
Cons
unpaid lunch

4.4