University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Great experience
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee), Amherst, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Couldn't have asked for a better year of experience into college coaching. Got a great taste for the ups and downs of the business and worked with some great people.
A good environment and flexibility to work
Graduate Research Assistant, Marketing (Current Employee), BostonFebruary 10, 2015
The professor under whom I was placed was organized, appreciated hard work and honesty and provided flexibility in working hours to work.
A Great Teaching Institution
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Anyone with a passion for plastics should come here. The access to instruments and equipment is unparalleled.
Also professors are very approachable and take pleasure in the advancement of their students.
Courier
Health Services (Former Employee), Amherst MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: secure employment
I enjoyed the courier position as well as working on the grounds
Great experience
Apartment Living Advisor, Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MAJanuary 10, 2015
I am work on many different projects and department.
I was a tutor, teacher assistant, peer mentor, Research assistant etc.
Every job was a learning experience.
UMass is great.
Amherst - Math Tutor (Former Employee), Amherst, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: comfortable job
All the jobs that I've had at UMass were extremely comfortable.
Excellent company to work for.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lowell, MADecember 16, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Excellent company to work for.
Good University, good academic environment and good living
Post-doctoral research associate (Current Employee), Amherst, MANovember 5, 2014
I usually work five days a week and eight hours a day. There are plenty of academic resources which promote my research greatly. The colleagues here are all very nice and glad to help each other and carry out efficient collaboration.
good
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, MANovember 3, 2014
great. Enjoyed my career at Umass. As an RA i learned a lot. I leanrt about suicide prevention, i learned to be a good listerner, be there for my floor members, public speaking etc... it was a blast
Lab Assistance
Lab Assistance (Former Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 26, 2014
Learnt a lot about mentoring and assisting students through this job. It even polished my skills with matlab , multisim and Cadence. I worked in The basic electronics circuits labs 1 and 2 which had more than 50 computers. Maintaining every computer and keeping track of equipments like CROs and oscilloscopes where my prime responsibilities. I also had to re calibrate the systems.
Excellent learning and work enviornment
Instructor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 22, 2014
You will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities. You will learn in lectures and in your own classrooms.
Great Research facility
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 15, 2014
Gives an opportunity to work and learn through the good and inspiring people.
Learned from professor
Teachers Aide (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 14, 2014
Being a teacher's aide allowed me to have the confidence to work on a team, as it was my first time. I learned very much from my professor and I had a great time.
A typical day at work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Winthrop, MAOctober 2, 2014
Coming into work to Umass Boston, is a great way to start the day. I will come in the office and have the pleasure to work with people that have so much experience in other fields, such as business administration, economics and public policy. Working with them gives me the opportunity to learn from them and their experiences, but also how all together come to form the Gaston Institute a team towards the improvement of the community. One day I will work on the transcriptions of the last research study on health, and on the other days I will assist with the new research project regarding health insurance enrollment. The managers are helpful, resourceful and knowledgeable, always willing to give advices for any improvements.
My co-workers, are students of Umass, we all have different backgrounds in our majors, but this is just another strength for the team. The diversity among us, makes the work environment a classroom of learning something new everyday. All of them are kind and respectful.
The hardest part of the job, is just the commute to school; is challenging due to the lack of parking and the delays of the train some days. Aside from that there is not a hard part in the job, is nice to go to work,
What I enjoy the most, is the diversity found in my job, we are also surrounded by other Institutes of the university and get to learn about the research projects they are working on, and get to meet people with all sort of experiences and knowledge. All of them so passionate for what they do, and it's contagious, the passion to improve, to learn and to apply the experiences learned.
Good
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Current Employee), Amherst, MASeptember 9, 2014
Nice people, good for reserch, Nice people, good for reserch
Brilliant
Financial Modeling - Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 1, 2014
Brilliant - Superb - Almost no work. Location amazing, Typical day at work was walk in at 8 and leave at 4 sharp
I was not there long enough to say very much, but I enjoyed my time there
Clerk IV (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAAugust 21, 2014
I was not there long enough to say very much, but I enjoyed my time there
taught me a lot about hard work
Undergraduate Research Assistant with Jon Woodruff (Former Employee), Amherst, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: people and managment
Cons: some guys smell
first full time job, great people, and fun environment. I worked in both shipping and secondary departments and enjoyed both eaqually as much.
Educational and fun workplace
Supervisor of Janitors (Current Employee), Amherst, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid lunch, out at 3 pm.
A typical day at work for me is making sure everything is in order and there are no complaints in any of my buildings from students or staff. My co-workers are great to work with and treat eachother with respect. I have learned a lot from this job even though I have had previous supervisor experience. I have one of the biggest/ busiest areas in all of UMASS Amherst campus. I have 45 employees (50 during summer) and in charge of 9 dormitories along with 1 on campus apartment complex that consists of 11 buildings totaling just under 120 apartments. I am the youngest supervisor on campus especially with this amount of employees. I enjoy that I am always kept busy so time goes by fast and the staff I work with great. Also I am salary plus get overtime so it works out nice.
Good place to work.
Senior Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 23, 2014
Good place to work. Short(ish) commute. Allow working from home one day a week or in bad weather. Break room with ping pong table. Co-workers were the best!