University of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Supportive Supervisors
Resident Assistant - '03 Temp' (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 6, 2017
Supervisors want to see their staff succeed and learn new skills. While not everyone has shared my experience, I have had nothing but good things to say about my relationship my direct supervisors. They have advocated me and pushed me to do my best, and I've learned a lot during my tenure at UMass. I'm open to continuing work there in the future, for sure!
Commitment to heath care accessibility for everyone
Participant, Baccalaureate MD (BACCMD) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 30, 2017
UMass Medical School is committed to health care accessibility to everyone, especially to underserved and underdeveloped communities; which continues to make this community one-of-a-kind.
Anout me durinf leisure time.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 30, 2017
I Like to play Ping-Pong during my leisure time. Also, I write poems, essays and other stuff for my fun. I also love to go and watch movie of my own culture.
Transitioning environment
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
The workplace was fun and the students you interact with are great. However, there is no sense of community outside of your department unless you get involved in seminars in other departments.
great place to work!!
Success Boston Transitions Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
Great place to work!! Colleagues and management are wonderful, great location, flexible work schedule, easy access by campus shuttle or by public transportation.
Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 27, 2017
Flexible hours, especially around course schedules. Great management team in every department. Someone is always willing to help, if they can't then they find someone who is able to assist your need.

They will tell you an hourly rate for the position offered; but if you have experience, you may be able to negotiate a higher rate.
Pros
Flexible hours, especially around course schedules
Cons
no hours are available during summer, unless you work at a main station in the library.
Most sought after college job on campus
Learning Commons Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJune 25, 2017
A typical day a work would be answering general information desk type questions, maintaining a clean and organized work environment, and occasionally simple IT related issues. Management is outstanding, understanding, and friendly. Workplace culture is friendly. There is nothing difficult about this job at all. The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexibility, management, and the work environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun and easy minimum wage job
Pita Pit Cashier, Phone services (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 22, 2017
Was able to listen to music and do whatever we wanted because management knew the work would get done. Great for some cash on the side with the low stress work load.
Pros
Food on the job
Cons
hot and greasy
Great community, poor salary average
Research Associate/Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 19, 2017
UMass Medical School is a great community of people. Average salaray is low, and controlled by the government more than your boss. Collaboration is very integral part of the UMMS system.
Enjoyed working here
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 18, 2017
I was simply a teacher's assistant here while obtaining my master's degree, but learned a great deal from the Sport Management faculty when it came to teaching.
Pros
Dedicated faculty
Cons
Non-full-time position
Didn't work there long enough
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01604June 16, 2017
I didn't really work at Umass long enough to form a sound opinion. For the brief time I worked there, things seemed okay, although the environment could be a little stressful.
Great place to work; interesting and diverse customer base
Senior Help Desk lead (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 16, 2017
I loved working at the University of Massachusetts Medical School from my first day. Working with students, staff and faculty to troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software and connectivity issues was satisfying and such a wonderful learning experience.

I was able to work with an incredibly diverse workforce and grew in my appreciation of the different gifts that people bring. Our family consisted of folks from all nations and tribes, cultures, ages and educational backgrounds.

Truly serving everyone from the tradesman to the world class doctors and researchers was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Surrounded by great, dedicated people
Cons
I have nothing negative to say. I miss it but moved on to a more challenging role
Wonderful place to work
Executive Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 13, 2017
I have been with UMass Dartmouth for 3 years now and I would not be leaving if I was not relocating to Florida. I have learned so much while I have been here and I will miss so many.
UMass Boston
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2017
Great people. Great place to work. One of the best urban universities in the country and one of the most diverse and interesting communities anywhere.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Campus constantly under construction.
The Best Job I Ever Had
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 8, 2017
A strong and well managed department. Education and advancement in the animal care field is strongly encouraged. This position provided a dynamic environment that allowed me to work in several different labs gaining valuable experience with a wide variety of species.
hkasdoids
Admin Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
Poor Staffs, Some professors need to quit or get fired, New professors need to come in because those who are doing bad job do not get fired thereby damaging the image of the school.
Pros
Wonderful Location
Cons
Too many mediocre professors
very productive, calm work place,flexible hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 7, 2017
fun place to work at. good work culture. My boss was very helpful and open to questions all the time any anytime.

I got better with public relations and dealing with customers.
Best college job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 6, 2017
Easily the best job I could have had all of college. Very inclusive environment and endless ways to get involved. Your co workers will be great and the Management is great.
Pros
fun, meet a lot of people, flexible schedules, work-study
Cons
can't do homework
Friendly Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 3, 2017
One of the friendlies job cultures I've ever experienced. However, there is not much room for growth since it is a public institution. Although I was in a temporary position anyway.
Pros
People, Flexibility
Cons
Boring, not in a city
Umms
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2017
UMMS is a really interesting place to work. Compensation is fair, employees receive responsibilities through delegation and there's always someone willing to help out.