University of Memphis Employee Reviews in United States

Working as a student
Service Desk Mentor - ITS Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 14, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University of Memphis. I was able to work with students and visiting in assisting their technology needs as well as interact with coworkers in a pleasing work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ease in which the department worked, productivity was boosted, employee turnover was low, employee satisfaction was high. Unfortunately there are not enough full time positions available once a student has graduated or is no longer a student.
Pros
Good coworkers, good training opportunities
Cons
no food discounts
Advancement not possible
Coach (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2016
I have been told for years that money is not in place in the budget for increase in pay. Same pay my tenure here. I have been told that my position is the back bone of this department but when you are to ask of something you get turned away. I understand the restraints to this position but trying to do more with less every year is more and more difficult.
Pros
Travel and Nike Allotment
Cons
No time off.
Great place to work.
Graduate Research Asistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2016
University of Memphis is a great place to perform the graduate studies. Professors are helpful, and required research facilities are also available.
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in, only downside is that I was considered temporary so I did not receive any type of benefits. Great staff.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2016
I have been working here for the last four years and it's a good place to work. Nice work environment and friendly colleagues.
Very effectie college
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2016
This college has a lot of majors and prepare students to different careers. They take good care about adjunct instructors by assigning convenient classes.
alright place
Electrician/Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 26, 2016
I mostly enjoyed working at the University of Memphis Lambuth campus. It was something different just about every day. Either electrical, plumbing, lock work.
Being a student of U of Memphis
Student (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2016
Being a student there is very educational and has its perks as well as achievements. As a student, I have evolved and became more independent and strong as an individual. Attending U of Memphis has allowed me to experience a new horizon and I'm excited about the opportunity for advancement. There are a lot of things that I need to experience but hopefully, I will be able to grasp that and more through ambition, strength, and determination.
Fun place
Freelance UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2016
I did a lot for Memphis: Mascot, ambassador, cheerleader, UX Designer, fraternity member, multiple clubs, etc.
While a UX Designer, I worked in tandem with clients and developers to put together exactly what the client wanted and it streamlined the development process
U of m
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2016
Great place to work. Allows students to develop and grow within their programs. Community recognizes programs at the University of Memphis.
Pros
awesome educational experience
Cons
parking terrible
Friendly Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2016
It was great working as a Teaching and Research Assistant at University Of Memphis.
I learnt a lot in working as a Teaching Assistant.
Great Place to Work
Manager of Facilities, Mgmt. & Project Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2016
The university has a good working atmosphere with strong leadership. I work with several talented project managers and developed a good working team. We deal with variety of projects and challenging budget.
Memphis
football (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2016
Former Kicker at the University of Memphis
Memphis is a great place to live and play football
I would say that this place has really helped me out a lot because I made so many connections at the University of Memphis
Productive, Fun, and professional work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2015
We work under the campus police department. A typical day requires us to answer a multi line phone to dispatch escorts. Log those escorts on a call sheet, while using phones to coordinate team member movements while responding to calls for escorts.
Assisting in filming
Production Crew, assitant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2015
Part of the production crew is set up and take down all film equipment as well as film on game days. I assisted a few games to gain experience I had never gained before in the field of Sport and leisure management
Pros
on field experience with filming
Cons
not paid, but good intern
Tutoring disabled kids
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
Cool workplace. The students are cool and they listen and follow directions very well. Co-workers were good to work with. We did fun activities like going to pep-rallies and on-campus events.
Pros
Fun environment, Great learning
Cons
Room conditions
Intellectually challenging experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2015
I summarized the work experience at University of Memphis in a previous review. Tutoring Math to others was very much rewarding.
Exciting and student focused environment
Resident Adviser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work was going to school, doing rounds on my given days then going to sleep to do it again. I learned more patience, the proper way to handle certain situations, the importance of communication, and how much a smile/greeting can affect someone's day. Management was pretty cool. My co-workers were good, there were some of us who didn't do our work, some who did more than enough, some who did the bare minimum, and some who did the best they could. The hardest part of the job was balancing between being strict and being nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on other students face and that helping me smile even more and harder.
Pros
Meal Plan, flex bucks, Dinning Dollars, and free room and board (single room)
Cons
Having to address situations that were against the rules
Assistant Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN.October 7, 2015
Great learning opportunities. Hardest part of job is autonomy. Easiest part of job is working with students and mentoring other students.
Pros
Mentoring future nurse educators
Cons
Non at this time
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2015
I oversaw transcription and data analysis for my Advising Professor as well as aided in copyediting, proofreading, and assembly of a grant proposal for an upcoming research project. In addition I averaged and assigned exam grades, prepared class readings, and taught and prepared undergraduate class material. Other duties that I performed included planing and organizing special events as well as aided in the development of student-alumni mentorship program.

4.4