University of Memphis Employee Review

View all University of Memphis reviews

A very relaxing type of environment
researcher assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 5, 2014
While doing research at University of Memphis it was very calm and relaxed which made me feel very comfortable but there were moments where I felt it to be a bit to lax to some degree making it hard to always know exactly what to do or what task needed to be preformed. If I am told what to do and shown how to do it, only if I do not know, I will try my best to complete the task but while doing research at the university of memphis's chemistry department, there were a lot of moments where I did not know exactly what to do making it somewhat very poorly managed, but all in all I really enjoyed learning about new things and studying in the field of science.
I will add that the reason for this may be due to my mentor being a bit busier than usual due to her own schedule which is totally understandable
Pros
calm and flexible
Cons
not well managed

Other University of Memphis Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Full Member, Graduate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2018
Excellent place to work! Work culture promotes autonomy. I am learning a lot about teaching students and I really enjoy the online work environment. Communication is always clear.
Great and Knowledgeable Place to Be
GRADUATE ASST/STU RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2018
My role at the university of Memphis was a graduate researcher / assistant. My work included assisting my major professor in little tasks but also in the completion of my Thesis project.