University of Memphis Employee Review

View all University of Memphis reviews

Challenging, very demanding
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2013
As the faculty secretary, a typical day at work would comprise of accepting work assignments from any one of approximately 50 faculty members. What Iearned is that there is more than meets the eye in almost every situation. I've also learned to take advantage of any and all opportunities that presented themselves to me. Management seemed to be far removed from the needs of staff and students, and appeared to be more concerned with the bottom line as well as appeasing the faculty and older staff members who were used to performing their job duties a certain way. I throughly enjoyed my co-workers and had a really good working relationship with each of them. The hardest part of the job was knowing that being responsible for such a large amount of people was that I knew that I was never going to be able to respond to each person as quickly as they wanted me to.
Pros
Having the chance to be around so many accomplished women in addition to attending school.
Cons
One person isn't sufficient to take care of the many demands of so many people.

Other University of Memphis Employee Reviews

good place to study and work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2017
It is a good place to work and study. I am an international student doing my MS in Mechanical Engineering as well as working as a Graduate Assistant. -
great
Adjunct Marketing Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
excellent job and wonderful people - I really enjoyed having the flexibility to learn and teach at my own pace and then share those experiences with the students.
Pros
great people
Cons
maybe a little more money