University of Memphis

University of Memphis Employer Reviews

Gets to learn and interact with people
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis,TNMarch 2, 2015
Its a fun place to learn new stuff and know about the researches that are going on in the campus.It always helps when to discuss the subject with the people and we find that quite common here.
Learned a lot.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis,TNFebruary 9, 2015
Had an opportunity to work with great professors. Learned a lot of new things. The professors here are friendly and guided me well all through my research.
Thorough counseling program for professional preparation
Counseling Intern (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2015
My time as a graduate student and counseling intern at the University of Memphis has provided me with several opportunities within the community to learn about a variety of counseling theories and techniques. In addition, the program's relationships with practicing professionals in the area has greatly added to my professional development.
It is a great place to work, where the supervisors care about the employees.
Fitness and Wellness Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
I have worked at the University of Memphis Campus Recreation Center for 4 years now in various capacities. It is a great work environment with great leadership from the administration.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2014
I loved working there and i believe that anyone who worked there i believe that i will be beneficial to their long term career.
Study with Fun
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Department of ChemistryDecember 15, 2014
I am a graduate student in Bioinformatics in University of Memphis.

I loved the course ware, educational environment and faculty in this University.
Work-study, set amount of available money, good opportunity
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
Worked as a secretarial assistant on work-study for a department in my university. Co-workers were staff members and other college work-study participants; most of the time very friendly, though occasionally drama could seep through. Management varied depending on shift; some were good, some were occasionally inconsistent. My favourite part of the job was getting to know and help the students and tutors who came through.
Great Learning Tool
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: overwhelming
I am a full-time student at University of Memphis. I have worked on different group project and special study. This was great learning experience networking and making a difference.
Excellent Workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2014
A very interesting place to work and at the same time learn. I came here approximately one year ago and the conditions and people are excellent. My contract with UoM ends in August 30th 2015.
Great learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
`University in the heart of Memphis.
Supportive environment
Positive interaction with students
A good place to work while in school
Phonathon Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2014
A typical day at work at the University of Memphis Annual Giving Department included myself and about ten others making phone calls the alumni database. We updated alumni on current events and encouraged them to donate to the school. The hardest part of my job was asking people to donate large amounts of money. The most enjoyable part was talking to interesting people on the phone.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), MemphisSeptember 9, 2014
Great learning environment for students. I learned a lot here.
Application Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2014
Pros: family first
Cons: salary
Busy but productive, great teams, and colleagues. I learned how to process undergraduate applications, data entry, scan, provide customer service, use Banner and Matrix. Management believes in showing appreciation on a regular basis.
A very relaxing type of environment
researcher assistant (Former Employee), Memphis TNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: calm and flexible
Cons: not well managed
While doing research at University of Memphis it was very calm and relaxed which made me feel very comfortable but there were moments where I felt it to be a bit to lax to some degree making it hard to always know exactly what to do or what task needed to be preformed. If I am told what to do and shown how to do it, only if I do not know, I will try my best to complete the task but while doing research at the university of memphis's chemistry department, there were a lot of moments where I did not know exactly what to do making it somewhat very poorly managed, but all in all I really enjoyed learning about new things and studying in the field of science.
I will add that the reason for this may be due to my mentor being a bit busier than usual due to her own schedule which is totally understandable
great place to work.
Campus Tour Guide (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2014
I was able to balance my studies as well as working full time.
A great place to touch lives
LSAMP Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2014
I was a student worker who helped other students develop skills to help enrich the underrepresented middle and high school students we tutored/mentored.
like to work there in certain departments
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 23, 2014
good place to work and fairly family oriented. It is hard to get tenure unless you are published in several places.
Great and fun workplace.
Athletic Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 17, 2014
Day is full of excitement and fun.
Learned about laying aside individual, social, economic, and cultural differences to work for the benefit of all.
TAUGHT ACCOUNTING COURSES
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 7, 2014
Pros: teaching young people.
Cons: only a one semster position
TAUGHT TWO CLASSES A WEEK. DEVELOPED A LECTURE PLAN AND TEST FOR TWO DIFFERENT COURSES IN THE FIELD OF ACCOUNTING.
Positive community outreach.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 5, 2014
Working at the YMCA allowed me to learn many skills associated with community outreach and volunteering. We set many goals for the community around us to promote healthy living principles.

1 2 3 4 5