University of Memphis Employee Reviews

temporary job
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2017
I worked at the University of Memphis as part of the NIH funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates, my review is not representative of a typical job experiences at UofM
Perks
Assistant Registrar, Student Records (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2017
Many great perks associated with this position. I have been here for over 3 years and I have 2 daughters attending that receive 50% off tuition and I am able to take 9 hours, tuition free.
Employment benefits, various employees family fun activities
Institute on Disability Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
Fun friendly atmosphere that all employee involvement with getting to know others around the campus. On site elementary school for employees children.
Pros
Education, location, atmosphere
Cons
salary, and promotions
Good place to study and grow
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
I worked here as a graduate assistant. The university is great at giving international students assistantships to help them pay the school fees. Highly recommended university!
loved u of m
Resident Advisor/ Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
I worked in many different departments at the university of Memphis and loved every single one of them. I started as an Ra my freshman year. I left the university of Memphis once I stopped attending classes.
Pros
the community atmosphere
Cons
most jobs contengient on being a student
positive and peaceful
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2017
A regular day at work was peaceful and positive. It was good vibes, management was great. I learned to step outside of my comfort zone. I would say the hardest part of the job was waking up at all times of the night. I would say the most enjoyable time was meeting new people and creating friendships.
Great job with great hours and great people
Parking Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38111July 9, 2017
Great job with great people, hours, and benefits. They pay for school upon employment as a full time employee. Though, if you're not willing to work on the hot sun or the cold of the winter, this may not be the job for you
Quiet and supportive system to student and my peers.
Internship -Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2017
I was an advisor to help students prepare for upcoming courses for the following semester. Sometimes students will come talk to me and ask me for advice about their major. I was always a great listener and helping hand.
Pros
I gained a few credits towwards my major in Psychology.
Cons
No pay because its volunteer work for an exchange of credits.
great management and great place to learn
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2017
I have sharpened my soft skills here since I had to interact with so many various individuals. Management is amazing and really understand that you are a student and it can be hard.
Culturally progressive and diverse environment
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2017
The University of Memphis is a place that cultivates free-thinking, art, culture, and ingenuity. I loved working there, especially as a member of the English Department.
Pros
Freedom of expression, diverse faculty and student body, access to research libraries, theatre, music, and visiting authors; thousands of great minds in one place
Cons
As an adjunct Instructor the pay is low, there are no health benefits, and little job security
Good
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Browning HallJune 26, 2017
Enjoyed being around the college students. Fun place to work. Excellent place to work and get an education. Nice, intelligent people. Do not work for grant funded positions, however. They run out of fund sooner or later.
Straight Forward
Tech Hub Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2017
Everything is taught to you on day one, but if your lazy just forget about it. Always need to keep moving around, keeps you active; not too stressful more on the side of constant tasks.
Great school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2017
The best school hands down. Consummate professionals when it comes to the professors. It was an experience of a lifetime. I truly had a good time attending college.
Loved this school
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2017
I loved working with my coaches and grew a lot with my team every year. Got paid well in the summers to work camps and enjoyed being a part of the schools volleyball team.
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
Great Work Place
Student financial advisor (Current Employee) –  TNJune 7, 2017
Great Job with room for growth and development. Customer service is the key to success at the University of Memphis. Everyday at the University is a new experience.
Fun and exciting work place
HVAC Mechanic/ General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2017
Every day has something new to offer and there is always new training , you work on all types of HVAC equipment you have commercial and residential, safety is always the main goal, the staff is easy to get along with
Lcon
Admin /Full Time-Temp (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering multiple line phone, transferring calls accordingly, scheduling meetings, reserving rooms for faculty, place catering orders as needed, give building tours, distributing mail, keeping the work rooms stocked, and any other job duties as assigned.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The faculty and staff are wonderful and the students are always friendly and very respectful.
Not Enough Training
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2017
Was offered a temporary position with the misconception that when the contract ended the position would be modified then offered as a full time position. Instead the position was made into two seperate part time postions
Pros
The University is an effecient and respected place of employment.
Cons
My supervisor was not present or approachable and provided no oversight or training on the position
Enjoyed working there
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 11, 2017
It was a relaxed environment where my responsibilities were clear and the management position workers were always willing to help and answer my questions when I had them.
Good Research and Technical Background
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2017
The university of Memphis is a renowned institution in Tennessee. I had to build tools to support the research projects and also used my expertise in Computer science to suggest improvements for more efficient solutions.