University of Memphis Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Tutor part-time
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2017
The coordinator is excellent and open with you as a student. She trains her tutors well and you will feel prepared in your area. The atmosphere is laid back yet learning should occur! Getting enough hours - hardest part of job
Pros
easy-going, flexible
Cons
limited hours
Ok
General Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2017
This place was alright nothing special. Spent a lot of time here. Cool people and stuff like that but no opportunities to advance in the workplace. I like
Relaxed job as a Teaching assistant
Graduate/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2017
Flexible hours. Learnt to manage a group of students while maintaining a full time school schedule . Supportive professors and peers. Relaxed environment to grade/prepare for lectures.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low stipend
productive workin place
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2017
Management is good, the workplace culture is very nice. As I was new to US I didn't know many things but everyone understood my situation and I learned a lot from them related to work as well as personal things
temporary job
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2017
I worked at the University of Memphis as part of the NIH funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates, my review is not representative of a typical job experiences at UofM
Perks
Assistant Registrar, Student Records (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2017
Many great perks associated with this position. I have been here for over 3 years and I have 2 daughters attending that receive 50% off tuition and I am able to take 9 hours, tuition free.
Employment benefits, various employees family fun activities
Institute on Disability Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
Fun friendly atmosphere that all employee involvement with getting to know others around the campus. On site elementary school for employees children.
Pros
Education, location, atmosphere
Cons
salary, and promotions
Good place to study and grow
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
I worked here as a graduate assistant. The university is great at giving international students assistantships to help them pay the school fees. Highly recommended university!
loved u of m
Resident Advisor/ Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
I worked in many different departments at the university of Memphis and loved every single one of them. I started as an Ra my freshman year. I left the university of Memphis once I stopped attending classes.
Pros
the community atmosphere
Cons
most jobs contengient on being a student
positive and peaceful
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2017
A regular day at work was peaceful and positive. It was good vibes, management was great. I learned to step outside of my comfort zone. I would say the hardest part of the job was waking up at all times of the night. I would say the most enjoyable time was meeting new people and creating friendships.
Great job with great hours and great people
Parking Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38111July 9, 2017
Great job with great people, hours, and benefits. They pay for school upon employment as a full time employee. Though, if you're not willing to work on the hot sun or the cold of the winter, this may not be the job for you
Quiet and supportive system to student and my peers.
Internship -Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2017
I was an advisor to help students prepare for upcoming courses for the following semester. Sometimes students will come talk to me and ask me for advice about their major. I was always a great listener and helping hand.
Pros
I gained a few credits towwards my major in Psychology.
Cons
No pay because its volunteer work for an exchange of credits.
great management and great place to learn
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2017
I have sharpened my soft skills here since I had to interact with so many various individuals. Management is amazing and really understand that you are a student and it can be hard.
Culturally progressive and diverse environment
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2017
The University of Memphis is a place that cultivates free-thinking, art, culture, and ingenuity. I loved working there, especially as a member of the English Department.
Pros
Freedom of expression, diverse faculty and student body, access to research libraries, theatre, music, and visiting authors; thousands of great minds in one place
Cons
As an adjunct Instructor the pay is low, there are no health benefits, and little job security
Good
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Browning HallJune 26, 2017
Enjoyed being around the college students. Fun place to work. Excellent place to work and get an education. Nice, intelligent people. Do not work for grant funded positions, however. They run out of fund sooner or later.
Straight Forward
Tech Hub Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2017
Everything is taught to you on day one, but if your lazy just forget about it. Always need to keep moving around, keeps you active; not too stressful more on the side of constant tasks.
Great school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2017
The best school hands down. Consummate professionals when it comes to the professors. It was an experience of a lifetime. I truly had a good time attending college.
Loved this school
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2017
I loved working with my coaches and grew a lot with my team every year. Got paid well in the summers to work camps and enjoyed being a part of the schools volleyball team.
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
Great Work Place
Student financial advisor (Current Employee) –  TNJune 7, 2017
Great Job with room for growth and development. Customer service is the key to success at the University of Memphis. Everyday at the University is a new experience.
Fun and exciting work place
HVAC Mechanic/ General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2017
Every day has something new to offer and there is always new training , you work on all types of HVAC equipment you have commercial and residential, safety is always the main goal, the staff is easy to get along with