University of Memphis

University of Memphis Employee Reviews

Good learning. helped me in managing my time efficiently as this teaching job was along with my study.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2015
It was good to teach while studying. I got a chance to teach the course lab of my field of comfort i.e. Microcontroller, FPGA based programming. Had a good support and guidance from my major advisor.
High Research Institution
Assistant Professor of Environmental Health (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 27, 2015
University of Memphis is a high research institution. It has a relatively small campus, which also means close collaboration between faculty.
Nice place to work
GIS Services Programmer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 26, 2015
Nice place to work, great people, great benefits, the pay is lower than average but the atmosphere makes up for it. The basketball team is great too.
Flexible job for college students
Student Assistant and Faculty Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 25, 2015
Working as a Faculty assistant at the university of memphis is a rewarding experience because it allows me to have a job and attend the school. Very flexible with my schedule.
university of memphis
Librarian (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here it was a very fun and exciting experience. I learned book keeping and dealing with the public. I enjoyed meeting new people and conversing with them daily.
The clinic provided excellent healthcare for the students and faculty at U of M
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 29, 2015
We were busy providing for the students and faculty's healthcare. I loved working to provide good care for my patients.
Commercial HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: timing
its a good place to work. great benefits. everything takes a long time including hiring, promoting, etc. good health insurance, good vacation
Do you Love rats
Special Behavior Neurology Research (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 9, 2015
This was the best experience I ever had. I thought I would hate working with animals but it turns out they are really smart animals (rats).
Work Study
TELECOUNSELOR/NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION RECRUITER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2015
This was a work study job, very fun environment and flexible hours. Great boss and cared about the students and school.I really enjoyed being off on all holidays and working with parents and students.
Graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2015
I work as a graduate assistant under a professor. I help in grading and preparation for class and help students by solving their doubts in the course. I enjoy working under the professor and get to learn many things from her.
fun environment with reasonable workload.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2015
. Supporting professors and the machines in the department
. Learned about the problems that occur in software/hardware part of the machine and how to resolve those problems.
. Great interaction with the management and lead.
Flexible working environment
Employee (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2015
University of Memphis is a great place to work but as far as career progression you will get stuck here while others unqualified advance. Good benefits and great atmosphere just lacking in career advancement and management.
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2015
Its an educational institution hence although it is not bound to 9-5 people work all the time. learning new things is always exciting.
Gets to learn and interact with people
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis,TNMarch 2, 2015
Its a fun place to learn new stuff and know about the researches that are going on in the campus.It always helps when to discuss the subject with the people and we find that quite common here.
Learned a lot.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis,TNFebruary 9, 2015
Had an opportunity to work with great professors. Learned a lot of new things. The professors here are friendly and guided me well all through my research.
Thorough counseling program for professional preparation
Counseling Intern (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2015
My time as a graduate student and counseling intern at the University of Memphis has provided me with several opportunities within the community to learn about a variety of counseling theories and techniques. In addition, the program's relationships with practicing professionals in the area has greatly added to my professional development.
It is a great place to work, where the supervisors care about the employees.
Fitness and Wellness Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
I have worked at the University of Memphis Campus Recreation Center for 4 years now in various capacities. It is a great work environment with great leadership from the administration.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2014
I loved working there and i believe that anyone who worked there i believe that i will be beneficial to their long term career.
Study with Fun
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Department of ChemistryDecember 15, 2014
I am a graduate student in Bioinformatics in University of Memphis.

I loved the course ware, educational environment and faculty in this University.
Work-study, set amount of available money, good opportunity
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
Worked as a secretarial assistant on work-study for a department in my university. Co-workers were staff members and other college work-study participants; most of the time very friendly, though occasionally drama could seep through. Management varied depending on shift; some were good, some were occasionally inconsistent. My favourite part of the job was getting to know and help the students and tutors who came through.

1 2 3 4 5