University of Memphis Employee Reviews in United States

Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in, only downside is that I was considered temporary so I did not receive any type of benefits. Great staff.
n/a
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2016
Great place to be employed! Everyday was a new learning experience and the management was very hands on and encouraging.
Exciting and student focused environment
Resident Adviser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work was going to school, doing rounds on my given days then going to sleep to do it again. I learned more patience, the proper way to handle certain situations, the importance of communication, and how much a smile/greeting can affect someone's day. Management was pretty cool. My co-workers were good, there were some of us who didn't do our work, some who did more than enough, some who did the bare minimum, and some who did the best they could. The hardest part of the job was balancing between being strict and being nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on other students face and that helping me smile even more and harder.
Pros
Meal Plan, flex bucks, Dinning Dollars, and free room and board (single room)
Cons
Having to address situations that were against the rules
Memphis
football (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2016
Former Kicker at the University of Memphis
Memphis is a great place to live and play football
I would say that this place has really helped me out a lot because I made so many connections at the University of Memphis
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2016
I have been working here for the last four years and it's a good place to work. Nice work environment and friendly colleagues.
Tutoring disabled kids
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
Cool workplace. The students are cool and they listen and follow directions very well. Co-workers were good to work with. We did fun activities like going to pep-rallies and on-campus events.
Pros
Fun environment, Great learning
Cons
Room conditions
Friendly Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2016
It was great working as a Teaching and Research Assistant at University Of Memphis.
I learnt a lot in working as a Teaching Assistant.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2015
I oversaw transcription and data analysis for my Advising Professor as well as aided in copyediting, proofreading, and assembly of a grant proposal for an upcoming research project. In addition I averaged and assigned exam grades, prepared class readings, and taught and prepared undergraduate class material. Other duties that I performed included planing and organizing special events as well as aided in the development of student-alumni mentorship program.
Perfect for people pursuing masters.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  MemphisJuly 27, 2015
I worked with different faculty members and mainly helped on of the professors manage an undergraduate organization. I learned different excel techniques. Management was ok. I enjoyed my co-workers and other faculty members that I would work with. The pay was perfect and allowed me to get my masters with no debt.
Pros
Debt free masters
Cons
unorganized
Intellectually challenging experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2015
I summarized the work experience at University of Memphis in a previous review. Tutoring Math to others was very much rewarding.
Assistant Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN.October 7, 2015
Great learning opportunities. Hardest part of job is autonomy. Easiest part of job is working with students and mentoring other students.
Pros
Mentoring future nurse educators
Cons
Non at this time
Very good working environment. Poor compensation package
Business/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2015
The Univ. of Memphis is a very good working environment. The only negative I have is the compensation package could be much better.
Pros
Good opportunity for continuing education. Overall a very good working atmosphere.
Cons
Poor compensation package
Good learning. helped me in managing my time efficiently as this teaching job was along with my study.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2015
It was good to teach while studying. I got a chance to teach the course lab of my field of comfort i.e. Microcontroller, FPGA based programming. Had a good support and guidance from my major advisor.
I really enjoyed what I did.
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2015
UTHSC has a relaxed environment. I think that it is a wonderful job to have as a start up. Anybody that works there should develop an excellent work ethic.
Flexible job for college students
Student Assistant and Faculty Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2015
Working as a Faculty assistant at the university of memphis is a rewarding experience because it allows me to have a job and attend the school. Very flexible with my schedule.
High Research Institution
Assistant Professor of Environmental Health (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2015
University of Memphis is a high research institution. It has a relatively small campus, which also means close collaboration between faculty.
Thorough counseling program for professional preparation
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2015
My time as a graduate student and counseling intern at the University of Memphis has provided me with several opportunities within the community to learn about a variety of counseling theories and techniques. In addition, the program's relationships with practicing professionals in the area has greatly added to my professional development.
university of memphis
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here it was a very fun and exciting experience. I learned book keeping and dealing with the public. I enjoyed meeting new people and conversing with them daily.
The clinic provided excellent healthcare for the students and faculty at U of M
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2015
We were busy providing for the students and faculty's healthcare. I loved working to provide good care for my patients.
Nice place to work
GIS Services Programmer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2015
Nice place to work, great people, great benefits, the pay is lower than average but the atmosphere makes up for it. The basketball team is great too.

4.4