University of Memphis

University of Memphis Employer Reviews

Good university for acadamic studies, to be improved for research.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2013
Over all good University. typical day at work is 9-6. I have learned many skills and techniques. The management is good. Co workers are good. The hardest part is noisy lab atmosphere due to vacuum pumps. Enjoyable moment when I get my desired result in research.
Great learning environment with great support from the Professors
RESEARCH AND TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2013
Great learning environment with great support from the Professors
Fast Paced
Office Associate - Admissions (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
The UofM is a vey diverse place to work. Depending on the department you work in your work can range from slow paced to fast paced. The pros of working here are friendly coworkers and benefits. The greatest downfall for the UofM is low pay.
Lab experience in the Psychology Department
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2013
Pros: scientific studies that are pretty interesting
Great learning experience for psychology undergrads: learn how to run participants in experiments, learn how to operate data systems, etc.

Hardest part: giving presentations
Laid back
Office Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2013
Very good job for a student. Not too much pressure and very flexible hours.
Fun wokeplace
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2013
Being a student trainer was hard especially during football camp but overall I loved that job with a passion
Very Friendly Work Environment with Excellent Benefits
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2013
The University of Memphis offers stable employment with excellent benefits. In addition, the University of Memphis offers a very friendly and supportive work environment.
Great encouragement for career building
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2013
As a Graduate Assistant, I would work with students in order to advise them on their next classes to take the following semester. The student was the top concern whereas everything revolved around them: from being prepare for the appointment to smoothing out the communication gap between the University and the Student. Likewise, the director understood the human/student element in her Graduate Students. She encourage school and personal success with our best interest in mind.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2013
I work part time in the Fogelman College of Business and Econmics Dean's office as a Graduate Assistant.
University of Memphis is Home
Web Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2013
As a graduate of the University of Memphis, working there feels like home. The environment is very interactive. The different groups work together to get tasks accomplished. With it being an education institution, management is very open about the development of new skills through training and conferences.
outstanding workplace
Part-time Instructor of Spanish (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2013
great place to work with excellent co-workers and diverse classes and activities for a better understanding of foreign languages.
Very productive place to work
Academic Administrative Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 27, 2013
I am the administrative liason for the Health and Sport Sciences Department and I am responsible for fulfilling and aiding in the planning and execution of academia and physical activity for Sport Leisure Commerce, Health and Human Performance, Physical Education/Teacher Education, and Exercise Sport Sciences. The most enjoyable part of my jobs are my daily interactions with faculty, staff, and the students.
Great work experience.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 11, 2013
I was an employee through the work study program in the Financial Planning department. It was a nice place to work. There was a steady work flow that allowed you to gain experience in the financial field.
Unique city and school
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 2, 2013
Athletic dpt. had some wonderful staff and coaches. Many were not given the resources required to win consistently.
Great place to work.
Lead Officer (sgt) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2013
Enjoyed being a Police Officer and helping other people. Pay was good and benefits too. Have put in my retirement papers which I will start collecting at age 65.
Gained valuable experience recruiting, event planning, and public speaking
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2013
My experience as a Student Ambassador for the Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality was very enjoyable. My daughter graduated from the program one year earlier, and we are the first mother-daughter team to graduate from the school. My perspective as a current student and parent was helpful in identifying the needs of students and my enthusiasm for the program beneficial in recruitment.
Great public University where to meet maximum school goal.
Tutor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 18, 2013
Learned a lot in team work and gained great academic knowledge.
good place to work, though not much advancement
Online instructor/mentor (Former Employee), home office, and later on campusApril 24, 2013
Pros: home office
Cons: lots of hours
good people to work with, knowledgeable and helpful. Hours were extensive, many nights, and weekends.
It's an "okay for right now" kind of work environment
Irrigation Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2013
We go out and we work very hard everyday but the compensation is too low for my standards
okay job but the manager/owner sucked
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2013
did not provide adequate training, mangers were very impolite.