University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

A good place to work, but it has changed much throughout the years
PT ACCESS SUPER. / SR. PT FINANCE ACCT REP (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with the University of Miami. I have worked and met many good people throughout the years. I have much respect for the department leaders I had the opportunity to work for.
Pros
Monday through Friday and met many wonderful people
Cons
Compensation / Salary is not on par with responsibilities
A typical day at UM in Recruiting
Senior Manager - Research Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2014
There are never any dull moments at SCCC/Office of Recruitment. I work under lots of pressure and expected to go above and beyond at an advanced level. I am constantly learning and have really excelled in many ways within this role.
Pros
flexibility
Responsible for administrative functions, and business affairs of the Organ Procurement Organization (OPO)
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2013
• Personnel Management
Led with daily management and operational oversight of the OPO, with a staff of 36 (ARNP, ICU RN’s, and Medical Staff). Managed operations of the clinical and procurement sites. Developed job descriptions and hired applicants. Hired Physicians, nurses and Technicians for department. Responsible for the performance review and compensation of direct reports.

• Accounting/Financial Management
Managed a budget of $ 8 million, including monitoring of sponsored accounts. Developed and implemented cost containment policies and procedures, which resulted in substantial savings for the 96-97 & 97-98 fiscal years. Established standard acquisition guidelines for organ charges, which resulted in an increase in the OPO revenue base.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Secretary/Assistant to Division Chief (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2012
Each day was unpredictable in terms of level of work flow but in the end it was rewarding. I learned to work and adapt to different types of personalities. Change was constant in our environment and I quickly adapted. The best part of this job was that I was able to work with different people at all levels of profession. Since I was involved in many other tasks/assignments, it helped expand my knowledge and experience. The hardest part was being laid off unexpectedly.
Pros
free lunches, supportive staff and management
Cons
healthcare
Professionally challenged
Research Associate, Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Great environment for friendly, relaxed daily activity. Research is greatly hindered by financial difficulties currently in place at the University. Hopefully most difficulties will iron out soon. The focus is not on professional development, but more concentrated on personal survival.
Pros
brilliant people to collaborate.
Cons
pay scale, insurance, job security
Excellent Benefits, Inconsequential Salary
Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2012
Enrolling, consenting participants, follow up, review IRB documents, meetings with sponsors, PI's, and staff team.
Pros
benefits, health insurance, schedule flexibility
Cons
salary, no growth opportunity
The University of Miami for me was a wonderful place to spend 27 years in, their benefits are incredible. The care to all employees is top of the lin
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2012
As i look back at all the years I spent at UM and the different department's, I realize how much I learned, how I grew as an employee, the opportunities given to all of us to constantly train and learn as the University grows. Every Department was a family of professionals dedicated to the care and support of our patients, students, visitors etc.. so they would walk away with the best experience possible.
Pros
benefits!
Cons
parking, you have to pay for parking :0(

4.3