University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Employee Reviews

No employee appreciation
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2017
No empathy for employees' personal or health problems. No employee appreciation. No communication between upper management and administrative support staff.
Great academic curriculum
Student (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
variety of research available at the university of miami miller school of medicine, great academic curriculum where students are able to thrive in their domains
Team member
Compliance Officer/ Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2017
Hard working nurse, enjoys helping individuals for the past 30 years, procures to meet company goals, works best as a team member, pays attention to details, multitask, energetic, worked as Diabetic research nurse, cancer setting, kidney and liver transplant programs, cardiac and telemetry units.
Pros
Multitask
Cons
do not know when to stop
Lots of opportunities but a bit disorganized
Voluntary Assistant Professor of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2017
This job requires the physician to be flexible and assertive to find the best job that fits his/her talents and interests. Leadership often changes, but generally supportive.
Pros
Flexibility, variety of opportunitities
Cons
disorganized
Great benefits but the management is awful.
Senior Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2017
Great benefits but the management is awful. They hire low quality employees and that puts a larger load on the employees that actually care about their job.
Benefits
Not the best place.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 22, 2017
No room to grow. You see many lazy individuals working here in various departments. I would like to see them provide more opportunities to all the employees.
Pros
It's UM.
Cons
Miami Traffic.
I love working in University of Miami for the past 20 years
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2016
The job is very rewarding , my peers are great tEnsures that randomization and registration of patients are performed in compliance with CRS and UM policies, the protocol, ICH-GCP, and federal regulations.
Establishes and maintains contact with patients/participants, health care providers, community agencies, study sponsors. Updates appropriate agencies such as sponsors, IRB, etc. regarding current status of research projects as required and under the supervision of the PI.

Updates SCCC Business Office staff as requested about patient accruals/completed cycles for billing of Industry Studies and for calculation of RVUs for in-house studies and provides support with study related procedures as required, i.e., EKG, laboratory and tumor assessment studies.

Ensures timely IRB submissions of initial protocol, continuing reports, amendments, IND safety reports, AEs, SAEs, UP, deviations, etc. with support from the Sr. Regulatory Specialist.

Communicates all IRB and Sponsor related approvals, changes, information, etc. to the PI and study team and adapts to physician schedules to perform protocol specific patient visits and/or procedures including, but not limited to early AM and /or early evening hours as required.

Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork and ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships throughout the medical center and provides coverage for other
  more... CRS SDGs as needed.

Other duties as assigned.
Pros
I love THe U
Cons
The distance from home to here
Great
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2016
It's nice to work there as a research associate. my manager is nice and helpful. We are a big family. We help each other. You can have a busy day or a laid back day depends on the research you are doing .
Pros
healthcare, vacation time
UM Research
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work. Anyone with a medical/clinical background interested in research should start here. I think it is the only academic institution in Miami with a research infrastructure
Satisfied
Clinical Observer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
Good clinical work environment friendly staff people from different parts of the country so friendly environment good payscale overall good work culture
Leadership is stuck in the past as far as innovation and change
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2015
I wouldn't recommend working there. Leadership preaches change campus wide however there is no change. HR is horrible to deal with.
Great Place to Work
Research Associate SOM2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I Loved my time here at The University of Miami. It was a blessing to say that I was happy to wake up and go to work each day. The room for advancement was amazing and the people were even better. This is the place to be. I hope after I complete grad school i am able to return to such a wonderful environment.
Pros
People and benefits
Cons
the parking
Could be better
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2015
If it wasn't for bad management, this would be a good place to work. Co workers are not bad and overall location is not the greatest.
Pros
Salary
A day in Management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2015
My day is never the same in my current role. Everyday brings new challenges that keep my team and i always on our toes. I manage a team of 2 and we work on all facets of the recruitment for Sylvester Cancer Center.
Productive and friendly workplace
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2015
A positive environment that allows everyone to grow and learn together. A lot of team meetings, group projects, and constant communication between employees.
Recreational Center
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2015
helping people through out the day and
answering the phone calls. helping the supervisor
and the hardest part was when some one is out and the phone is ringing alot
Worked at UM for many years
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami FLNovember 10, 2014
My last job was amazing. However, the University of Miami's management made decisions that affected negatively the fiscal health of the organization, hence, the employees of the School
Cons
Heathcare advocacy at its best
Sr Administrative Assistant/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2014
A healthcare advocate ensuring patients needs are met. The most significant task is to listen to patients and making sure the request are filled in a timely manner. You should always treat people the way you would like to be treated no matter what the circumstance may be. Being a team playing is essential as everyone's job is important one way or another. Being in management and holding everyone accountable is extremely important. The hardest part of the job is feeling you have not helped a patient as much as you would like. Another is being ridiculed for something another department did not accomplish. Above all, the most enjoyable part of the job is having patients appreciate the service you give to them and how thankful they are because of it.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
benefits too expensive
Always learning. . .
Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2014
While scientific research has the potential to become mundane as the collection of data can be tedious and seem repetitious, discovery is exciting and working with highly intelligent people is quite rewarding. That allows me to expand my mind and further my understanding of the research we are doing. The hardest part of the job would be the training of new staff to get them up to speed with the projects we are working on.
Pros
Don't have to punch a clock as a salaried staff member
Cons
No overtime pay for working past the "normal" work week as I'm a salaried staff member
Great office environment and friendly staff
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
A typical work day consisted of ensuring all faculty and staff payroll related inquiries were answered correctly and efficiently.