University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

creation of courses
Instructional Designer/Trainer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2014
creation of course working with the professors and taking the content from them and use that content in a creative way
Innovative school environment
Instructor/Clinical Course Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2014
Great students. professors always available for help. Wish my contract had been extended
Looong Hours !!!
Operating Room Liaison (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great surgeries
Cons: short breaks
typical hospital life .... office politics !!!! not the worst place to work but not the best . Bring your lunch - no time to go all the way to the cafeteria and back and eat !
Research/Professor Assistant
Professor Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 15, 2014
A typical day at work
There is always something that needs to be completed for different research projects, but for the most part I do displacement volumes of Plankton samples.

What I learned
I have a much better grasp on typical laboratory work in a research setting.

I work without supervision on most days. The management is great when – more... I do interact with them.

The hardest part of the job
Because I have no supervision on most days I am responsible for documenting my own hours, setting my own work schedule and pace, and keeping myself accountable for my quality of work. – less
Very Productive
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
It was very interesting to work for University of Miami I've learned a lot working with my co-workers my supervisors. We always worked as a team. I had the chance of taking my MCSE course and getting certified.
new experiences
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: independency
Cons: short breaks
ive learned to work in different species, expose to different surgeries environments, be part of experimental models, learn new medical techniques, go to different national lab research conferences
Great benefits
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 2, 2014
Fun place to work. Been here 3 months and already learned so much!
It was a temporary position
Temp (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: staff not friendly
A typical day of work consisted of routine radiology procedures and lots and lots of computer work, which quite frankly took away from the actual patient to tech time.
Nice campus and good leaning climate
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2014
Attend classes
Grade homework
Read paper
Do the experiments
Write experiment reports
awesome pay
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
The best part about this job was the paycheck. The location was also very nice and the management was helpful. I didn't work here long but I really wish I would have.
Excellent work environment but very small salary
PAYMENT POSTER/PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: low salaries
The University of Miami is an excellent place to work. It embraces cultural diversity and is very community orientated. My fellow coworkers take pride in their work and understands how their responsibilities fit into the goals of the University and are willing to put in extra effort to help the University succeed. The top management supports diversity – more... and promotes cultural activities throughout the year. The University has an excellent benefit package and offers tuition assistance for children of employees.

However, growth upward is very slow. Although I am satisfied with the working conditions, the chance of a promotion or any upward growth in the Unit is slow, if not non-existent. Many of my coworkers left because the rate of inflation has grown more than our salaries, so we have no choice but to look elsewhere for opportunities where growth is possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the calm and peace of mind working with my fellow workers and the hardest part is the fact that our salary will not increase to catch up with inflation. – less
Productive, extremely busy. Time passes quickly.
Manager, Field Human Resources (Shares Services) (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: helping others.
Cons: distant between clients.
I start my day answering emails and voicemails. I review my calendar for the day and week. Depending on the urgency of the emails and voicemails, I determine if I need to reschedule any appointments. Sixty per cent of my calendar has standing appointments. I prepare for meetings with Vice Chair Administrators and employees. I meet with employees daily – more... and VCAs bi-weekly.
The hardest part of my job is meeting with offsite employees. Due to the distant and my availability, rescheduling is not always possible in the same week. In my role the leadership styles are primarily as Consultant and Counselor.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training. In the current HR Shared-service model, I do not get the opportunity to train or facilitate meetings as much as I would like.
, – less
Good Benefits, Great co-workers, absent leadereship
Developmental Therapist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, gym, college environment is enthusiastic
Cons: management in department can be difficult to reach and receive guidance
Excellent institution overall, positive and negative experiences range within the departments and sources of funding which come from outside the university
Productive & Educational
Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Production & Educational
Co-Workers & Managment Extremely Reliable
Hardest part is probably - during (computer down-time); unable to function - leading to reverting to any/all means to submit-perform ALL jobs in a timely Satisfactory - Adequate - Professional manner
very nice
Lab tech (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 14, 2014
i loved my time at UM. Very nice university with a great and knowledgeable staff of scientist.
Excellant employer to work for, the benefits are exceptional!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: your entire family has an opportunity to attend um
Fast paced but great environment to work in. Always room to
excel in which ever field you chose. Co-workers were friendly.
I can't remember my job being hard. Quotas were set but easily
manage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Employee
benefits.
Learned alot in the years I was at U.M
Collections supervisor/Insurance compliance (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2014
I was able to move up at UM and enjoyed my work.
Many task to do on a daily basis.
Managers were willing to give me advancement opportunities. Enjoyed working with my staff and meeting up with insurance representatives.
Very busy workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: not having the same taks to complete daily. it was a large array of various tasks daily
Cons: no benefits
Every day brought new challenges. Working on many different things and going to different offices within the university was fun and exciting.
A fun place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 12, 2014
Nice campus to study
Great environment to do research!
Good for graduate research work.
fun -
Miami, Florida (Part-time-Temporary) (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: interesting -
Cons: nothing
reconciliation of payments made by A Express

quotes
spreadsheet to update
office and coffee supplies

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos