University of Miami

University of Miami United States Employee Reviews

University Of Miami the best
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: The best hospital to be employed for
Cons: no conplains
I love University Of Miami, its a great invirament and hospital to work for. Always there for employees and patients. The best hospital in Miami Dade
its a good place.
Medical Assistant/ adminstrative assitant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 15, 2015
university of Miami has room to grow. lots of notice to advance within the company. revising constantly. getting bigger and bigger so much room to improve in carrer.
Bad Research
Provost Lecturer (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Famous School
Cons: Lazy Professors
Graduate Professors do not help their students or direct them in their research. Then, they will remove them for not getting results.
Was extrememly lucky and unique to be hired by the university after graduation.
Dept. of Epidemiology & Public Health (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Fantastic everything!
Cons: Department relocated to south Dade and I could not make the commute.
Prepared grant applications
Assisted in management of department
Prepared and monitored fiscal budgets
Monitored accounts receivable
Assisted in public relations
Achievements: Gained administrative experience.
Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 25, 2015
Leaving for opportunities of advancement. Great people and opportunities here. Coworkers care about one another. Management is inept!!! and HR are the police with no code of civility!
Strong Athletic Program
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work with athletes
Cons: Poor management
Strong athletics program. Opportunity to work with high level athletes. Management problems. Unanticipated schedule changes
Excellent DPT program
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2015
Excellent DPT program. Top professors, great research opportunities, with specialists in every field. True work hard play hard mentality
Medical Staff Office Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the knowledge i gained
It was great to work in a field that was so important. While I learned so much because of the field I was in there were many other places I wish I could have explored.

Co-workers are great, team work is great when you have it. The reality is the culture has some opportunity to improve and with the right mission they will get there.
Productive place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 20, 2015
good infrastructure and equipment facility, warm and friendly working environment. I worked very closely with senior colleagues and specialists at the University of Miami, before I had my first teaching opportunity during my graduate studies. I found the earned information extremely helpful in my instructional responsibilities, because it made me familiar with the various linguistic, cultural and instructional needs of the international teaching community.
Excellent place of work and opportunity for advancement.
Fiscal Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: culture, job advancement, weather and family-oriented atmosphere.
Cons: none.
This is the idea workplace with opportunities for advancing your education, professional development and job promotions. The job culture is totally family oriented.
High level of work productivity that requires a highly motivated and knowledgible person.
Retired (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2015
My work was very challenging at times, but I found myself working in the scope of my responsibities in a more easier manner allowing me to increase my productivity. My overall rating for the UM school of medicine is a nice place to work, as departmental administrator, my immediate supervisor and my co- workers all were very good to me. It was a good job.
Productive and diverse place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: none.
Productive and diverse place to work. Very stable and place for advancement is there. Great pay and better benefits. Its a good place to work and you will be heard by management and your ideas will be taken into consideration.
Horrible working environment
Sr. Accounts Representative Specialist (Former Employee), Bascom Palmer Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: non friendly environment
Not a good place to work, management and staff members are very rude, Hostile environment with out HR support. would not recommend
Lots of work little pay. Bad management
Senior Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2015
University of Miami UHealth is a medical establishment that provides care to cancer patients. My main job duties were data entry, patient registration, appointment scheduling, answering phones, call directory, collecting co pays and past due balances, settling bank drawers at the end of shift.
Loved it
Computer Network Specialist II (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: love it
Loved It
great campus
great medical benefits
smart employees
various projects keeps you busy
a typical day is learning and working on projects
great holiday and day off policy
co workers are nice
hardest part of job is not getting caught up in beautiful campus
easily accessible via public transportation
great shuttle system
college football and basketball
Supportive Campus
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), MiamiJanuary 16, 2015
Um is a very established org and organize campus. Faculty have many opportunity to learn and perform research and provide feedback in a supportive environment.
enjoy the work
Environmental Tech. (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay scale needs work
good people great environment to work in
pay not good for what you do
the culture is all about the University
Senior Staff Associate, Events Management (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: university culture, tuition reimbursement, free tickets to sporting events
Cons: health care
Everyone within the university whether students, employees, or donors love the university. The pay is competitive however benefits in terms of health care compensation are a bit lacking. However, education compensation is exceptional, one can attend the university as an employee at no cost, provided that they cover only the taxes incurred for the course and they are admitted into the program.
A learning and satisfying experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility, ability to fligh high (the sky is the limit)
Cons: expiring grants
Nothing motivates me more than to know that my day starts with a brief organizational meeting among my team members. Once in place then we deliver excellent service to the different patients. Love to see their faces of satisfaction and a bright smile (this is the best and most enjoyable feeling, and it has always been in every job that I have held to date) because of this the hardest part is to see the opposite which is a patient that gets frustrated due to our inability to deliver what was promised to them and in some cases not because our direct interaction but nevertheless painful anyway. My passion towards customer satisfaction is my first commandment.
Productive and friendly work-place
Operations Employee (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, can do school work, pay
Cons: a lot of manual labor at times
As a working student it sometimes may be hard to balance work and school work, however with Operations Crew it is very flexible for me as I am allowed to work on my school work during my shift. A typical work day consists of setting up chairs and tables for 2-3 events and then waiting for phone calls to bring other furniture or fix event set ups.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Salaries