University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

Great Environment with free lunches
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2014
I learned the importance of patient confidentiality. This was my first job after migrating from Jamaica. I was able to interact with wide cross section of professional, doctors, students and the US Army. I had a wonderful and well valuable experience working in the Trauma Center.
Decent place to work
Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 14, 2014
Friendly co-workers.
Good learning experience.
Comprehensive healthcare package
TemporaryPosition
Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch for the academic office i supported
Cons: distance
I think it's great company. Unfortunately, it was a short assignment. What I did enjoy the most is assisting the students.
It's a great school!
Student (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 14, 2014
On the one hand, it's a rigorous courseload and a costly one at that, but in the end, it's all worth it!
Great institution
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 7, 2014
The job gave me the opportunity to learn how to manage a Registration Office and how to perform my job with a high standard of excellence. Offer to the public an excellent customer service, in order to promote the Institution.
THE BEST
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 30, 2014
My home away from home during my 3 and half years of college. I grew with them and felt part of a team. As years progressed, I acquired more responsibilities.
creation of courses
Instructional Designer/Trainer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2014
creation of course working with the professors and taking the content from them and use that content in a creative way
Innovative school environment
Instructor/Clinical Course Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2014
Great students. professors always available for help. Wish my contract had been extended
Looong Hours !!!
Operating Room Liaison (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great surgeries
Cons: short breaks
typical hospital life .... office politics !!!! not the worst place to work but not the best . Bring your lunch - no time to go all the way to the cafeteria and back and eat !
Research/Professor Assistant
Professor Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 15, 2014
A typical day at work
There is always something that needs to be completed for different research projects, but for the most part I do displacement volumes of Plankton samples.

What I learned
I have a much better grasp on typical laboratory work in a research setting.

I work without supervision on most days. The management is great when – more... I do interact with them.

The hardest part of the job
Because I have no supervision on most days I am responsible for documenting my own hours, setting my own work schedule and pace, and keeping myself accountable for my quality of work. – less
Very Productive
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
It was very interesting to work for University of Miami I've learned a lot working with my co-workers my supervisors. We always worked as a team. I had the chance of taking my MCSE course and getting certified.
new experiences
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: independency
Cons: short breaks
ive learned to work in different species, expose to different surgeries environments, be part of experimental models, learn new medical techniques, go to different national lab research conferences
Great benefits
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 2, 2014
Fun place to work. Been here 3 months and already learned so much!
It was a temporary position
Temp (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: staff not friendly
A typical day of work consisted of routine radiology procedures and lots and lots of computer work, which quite frankly took away from the actual patient to tech time.
Nice campus and good leaning climate
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2014
Attend classes
Grade homework
Read paper
Do the experiments
Write experiment reports
awesome pay
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
The best part about this job was the paycheck. The location was also very nice and the management was helpful. I didn't work here long but I really wish I would have.
Excellent work environment but very small salary
PAYMENT POSTER/PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: low salaries
The University of Miami is an excellent place to work. It embraces cultural diversity and is very community orientated. My fellow coworkers take pride in their work and understands how their responsibilities fit into the goals of the University and are willing to put in extra effort to help the University succeed. The top management supports diversity – more... and promotes cultural activities throughout the year. The University has an excellent benefit package and offers tuition assistance for children of employees.

However, growth upward is very slow. Although I am satisfied with the working conditions, the chance of a promotion or any upward growth in the Unit is slow, if not non-existent. Many of my coworkers left because the rate of inflation has grown more than our salaries, so we have no choice but to look elsewhere for opportunities where growth is possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the calm and peace of mind working with my fellow workers and the hardest part is the fact that our salary will not increase to catch up with inflation. – less
Study abroad
Student (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2014
This was a fantastic opportunity to learn about the music industry in the USA and I got to travel to many states!
Productive, extremely busy. Time passes quickly.
Manager, Field Human Resources (Shares Services) (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: helping others.
Cons: distant between clients.
I start my day answering emails and voicemails. I review my calendar for the day and week. Depending on the urgency of the emails and voicemails, I determine if I need to reschedule any appointments. Sixty per cent of my calendar has standing appointments. I prepare for meetings with Vice Chair Administrators and employees. I meet with employees daily – more... and VCAs bi-weekly.
The hardest part of my job is meeting with offsite employees. Due to the distant and my availability, rescheduling is not always possible in the same week. In my role the leadership styles are primarily as Consultant and Counselor.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training. In the current HR Shared-service model, I do not get the opportunity to train or facilitate meetings as much as I would like.
, – less
Good Benefits, Great co-workers, absent leadereship
Developmental Therapist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, gym, college environment is enthusiastic
Cons: management in department can be difficult to reach and receive guidance
Excellent institution overall, positive and negative experiences range within the departments and sources of funding which come from outside the university

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos