University of Miami

University of Miami Employee Reviews

Student Project Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
I loved working for Housing and Residential Life at the University of Miami. It had a great atmosphere and the culture was phenomenal. I typically was located at my cubicle or around campus getting to know students and other student staff. The management was fantastic and was always willing to help me learn or progress in my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new students and people every day. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the heat of south Florida sometimes when moving heavy equipment around the campus.
It's all about the U ...
Technology (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunities, benefits, pay, experience
Cons: Culture needs a little work
Great place to work, very diverse environment, big organization with lots of opportunity. Extreme exposure in whatever topic of your choosing, you'll be a subject matter expert in no time. State of the art technology deployed most of the time and usually in very large-scale deployments.
Great learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Was given the tools, mentors, and facilities to learn through curriculum, but also through my own self-driven learning.
Current Employment
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Communication with the patients
A typical day at work is the assisting patients with their laboratory orders and making sure all orders are within the system, insurance is current and laboratory orders are within the contract laboratories according to the patient's contract summary.

Assisting inter-departments, nurses with questions concerning orders verification of scheduled laboratory appointments within the various clinics on the medical campus.
great working team,some challanges to overcome and learn from
Customer Service -Lead General Medicine (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch
Cons: no breaks
My schedule at work is from 9:30am to 6:00pm, I arrive around 9:00am every day get my things together and get ready to start my day by 9:30am. I currently register, schedule and verify patient's insurance for Primary Care here at UM . I have been in this department for almost one year in a half and was already promoted to lead in my department . I really enjoy working with the UM, here I have learned a lot about insurances and registration purposes.
good experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2015
i had a wonderful opportunity of doing my medical assistant internship at a family practice in university of Miami. It was a very good experience were i learned a lot of skills
Stay Away
HR Professional (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: company match for retirement
Cons: Low pay, Poor leadership and lack of internal promotions to leadership
High turnover, lack of internal promotions, poor leadership skills and communication. Managers are very unprofessional and many unethical practices. Lots of University politics, poor pay practices, low morale and no business processes or training in place.
Working at this University is interesting
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
Everyday i get a chance to see the transformation of different sea animals as they undergo experimentation. I enjoy keeping the campus safe so that these experiments will be complete without any issues.
Was all right
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2015
I had a great boss but my job as a lab tech was basically meaningless. All I had to do was take care of some research specimens.
University Of Miami the best
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: The best hospital to be employed for
Cons: no conplains
I love University Of Miami, its a great invirament and hospital to work for. Always there for employees and patients. The best hospital in Miami Dade
its a good place.
Medical Assistant/ adminstrative assitant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 15, 2015
university of Miami has room to grow. lots of notice to advance within the company. revising constantly. getting bigger and bigger so much room to improve in carrer.
Bad Research
Provost Lecturer (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Famous School
Cons: Lazy Professors
Graduate Professors do not help their students or direct them in their research. Then, they will remove them for not getting results.
Was extrememly lucky and unique to be hired by the university after graduation.
Dept. of Epidemiology & Public Health (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Fantastic everything!
Cons: Department relocated to south Dade and I could not make the commute.
Prepared grant applications
Assisted in management of department
Prepared and monitored fiscal budgets
Monitored accounts receivable
Assisted in public relations
Achievements: Gained administrative experience.
Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 25, 2015
Leaving for opportunities of advancement. Great people and opportunities here. Coworkers care about one another. Management is inept!!! and HR are the police with no code of civility!
Strong Athletic Program
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work with athletes
Cons: Poor management
Strong athletics program. Opportunity to work with high level athletes. Management problems. Unanticipated schedule changes
Excellent DPT program
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2015
Excellent DPT program. Top professors, great research opportunities, with specialists in every field. True work hard play hard mentality
Medical Staff Office Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the knowledge i gained
It was great to work in a field that was so important. While I learned so much because of the field I was in there were many other places I wish I could have explored.

Co-workers are great, team work is great when you have it. The reality is the culture has some opportunity to improve and with the right mission they will get there.
Productive place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 20, 2015
good infrastructure and equipment facility, warm and friendly working environment. I worked very closely with senior colleagues and specialists at the University of Miami, before I had my first teaching opportunity during my graduate studies. I found the earned information extremely helpful in my instructional responsibilities, because it made me familiar with the various linguistic, cultural and instructional needs of the international teaching community.
Excellent place of work and opportunity for advancement.
Fiscal Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: culture, job advancement, weather and family-oriented atmosphere.
Cons: none.
This is the idea workplace with opportunities for advancing your education, professional development and job promotions. The job culture is totally family oriented.
High level of work productivity that requires a highly motivated and knowledgible person.
Retired (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2015
My work was very challenging at times, but I found myself working in the scope of my responsibities in a more easier manner allowing me to increase my productivity. My overall rating for the UM school of medicine is a nice place to work, as departmental administrator, my immediate supervisor and my co- workers all were very good to me. It was a good job.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos