University of Miami Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Public Address Announcer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 23, 2017
Public Address Announcing for sporting events - volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, tennis, track and field for 5 years.
Too Many Administrators
Research Assistant/Lecturer/Assistant Debate Coach (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 18, 2017
Lots of bureaucracy without anyone taking responsibility for their errors. Contractual obligations are interpreted as simply guidelines and require vigilant work on the employees part to ensure they are followed.
Excellent work environment
ERP Systems and Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2017
Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great growth opportunity, competitive salary. The training is very thorough, and they have an incredible campus culture.
Great experience but low pay
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
Great exposure to the field and opportunities to expand a skill set but horrible compensation. Experience is on valued on years of payment not fellowships
Productive workplace
Sr. buyer/ Procurement manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2017
I've worked at the university for more than 15 years. I have grown within the department leading me to my current position which I've held for the last ten years.
I am relocating this is the reason for my job searching
......................
Pros
Tuition remission
Great place to be
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Overall, it was a pleasure working for UM. The teams really worked well together. The communication between teams was great as well.
great place to work in
Graduate Student Government Association Senator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
great place to work in and grow in higher education if that is what you are aiming for, great benefits and great if you want to go back to school.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. Great environment. Team work. Great experience. Very relax kind of environment. Great doctors and nurses. Many years of many achievements.
Pros
environment
Cons
far away from my house
interview process
None (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I did not like their job interview process they call you, you speak with one person in when you get there you are interviewed by 4 individuals. I feel they should let you know what you are going into.
Eh
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Temporary employee, no benefits, 40 hours per week, little room to grow, not many personal development opportunities.
An Exciting Place To Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 24, 2017
My tenure with the University of Miami has afforded many ample opportunities to teach with and learn from a rich, culturally diverse group of professionals. The University of Miami goes to great lengths to attract, recruit and develop top talent in all professional areas. I am honored to have been part of the University of Miami family!!!
Productive, good compensation
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Good work culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Good management
Good compensation
Great people at all levels of the company; like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Excellent place to work and learn new concepts
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 17, 2017
University of Miami is a great place to work for growth and experience. Good people and dynamic environment makes no two days the same.
Pros
Great work/life balance, excellent benefits for retirement
Current Employment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work can be normal if you are accustomed to doing differentroutine with last minute notification. Also, the environment was welcoming and very friendly. There are a lot of learning and growth opportunities, and a very diverse culture
The worst of its kind
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 6, 2017
UMPD does not support their police officers.They took away comp time,step raises.The chief is a joke who is there self-benefiting neglecting officers.
Pros
At least I have a job- per the chief's words.
Cons
Really, no police benefits and it's impossible to move up the chain let alone be a detective.
Lacking employees with accountability and respect
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 31, 2016
The employee moral is combative and the management and HR dept are very disconnected. The equipment is far below par. Too much turnover in the department, related to how new people are treated like outsiders.
A good school and enjoyable workplace
Sr. Help Desk Technician, Richter Library (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 29, 2016
While "The U" may suffer from the same maladies afflicting colleges and universities around the country at this time and is therefore top heavy with administration and obsessed with turning campus into country club, it's still a very pleasant place to work. The main campus is gorgeous, the students are bright and polite and general well behaved. Sure, there are some overprivileged snots to tend to but overall a very nice crop of kids.
Good opportunities
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 23, 2016
A decent place to work they offer usually better pay then most also capable of moving up the chain mostly on the clerical/administrative side. Extreme high volume of patients at the cancer center.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 22, 2016
Working with the University of Miami has been an employment like no other. They really take care of there employees. I really enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to work here.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
i loved my job
Causal Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2016
My office was fun and laid back. Really made you feel welcomed. My trainer was excellent. I really wanted to attend this school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

87%