University of Miami

University of Miami Employee Reviews

Worth working for
Senior Patient Care Associate (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The best experience of a lifetime. Learned a lot while working there. What i learned in the Dermatology clinic could not be traded with anything else in the world. I learned new things as the residents were being taught by the professors whom worked there.
Educational Advancement
Senior Patient Access and Patient Access (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Compensation
The University of Miami allows growth and it is a family environment. The establishment create ways for you to further your education and increase ways to advance.
Convient and productive workplace
Patient Relation Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: early release, great workshops
Cons: benefits
A very calm but steady work environment. The skills that were learned were very beneficial and something that could be used later on. The hardest part of the job was not having all the equipment you needed to complete a task. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team that was like extended family.
Lack of job growth
Research Associate III (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 24, 2015
There is a lack of empowerment, and the institution as a whole lacks to be nimble and depicts poor management. There is no motivation to colleagues and/or appreciation for handwork.
Is an excellent work place to be part of.
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
University of Miami (UM) is very well organized and has many good recreational activities and services for the employees. Also has an excellent Health Insurance Plan. The relationship with my coworkers and supervisors has been always extraordinary good, and everybody work with very good spirit and moral to accomplish with the daily job and goals. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is to be involved in different projects that will help to provide advances in this field.
great professional place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant to Directors (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: long hours and low pay
An excellent place to work with little promotion and not enough pay for the work. Short staffed in most departments. Management needs to appreciate lower staff that make them succeed.
Good place
Student Technology Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Sometimes there is lunch provided
Cons: Short breaks
It is a good place to work, management is nice, and the environment is friendly. There are many positives of working here.
Very satisfying and rewarding experience.
Senior Case Worker (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Management is always willing to work with you.
Cons: Very little change of advancement in current position.
Great teamwork and co-workers. Very flexible in terms balancing life and work. Very rewarding in helping families. Can become very routine.
Student Project Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
I loved working for Housing and Residential Life at the University of Miami. It had a great atmosphere and the culture was phenomenal. I typically was located at my cubicle or around campus getting to know students and other student staff. The management was fantastic and was always willing to help me learn or progress in my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new students and people every day. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the heat of south Florida sometimes when moving heavy equipment around the campus.
It's all about the U ...
Technology (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunities, benefits, pay, experience
Cons: Culture needs a little work
Great place to work, very diverse environment, big organization with lots of opportunity. Extreme exposure in whatever topic of your choosing, you'll be a subject matter expert in no time. State of the art technology deployed most of the time and usually in very large-scale deployments.
Great learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Was given the tools, mentors, and facilities to learn through curriculum, but also through my own self-driven learning.
Current Employment
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Communication with the patients
A typical day at work is the assisting patients with their laboratory orders and making sure all orders are within the system, insurance is current and laboratory orders are within the contract laboratories according to the patient's contract summary.

Assisting inter-departments, nurses with questions concerning orders verification of scheduled laboratory appointments within the various clinics on the medical campus.
great working team,some challanges to overcome and learn from
Customer Service -Lead General Medicine (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch
Cons: no breaks
My schedule at work is from 9:30am to 6:00pm, I arrive around 9:00am every day get my things together and get ready to start my day by 9:30am. I currently register, schedule and verify patient's insurance for Primary Care here at UM . I have been in this department for almost one year in a half and was already promoted to lead in my department . I really enjoy working with the UM, here I have learned a lot about insurances and registration purposes.
good experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2015
i had a wonderful opportunity of doing my medical assistant internship at a family practice in university of Miami. It was a very good experience were i learned a lot of skills
Stay Away
HR Professional (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: company match for retirement
Cons: Low pay, Poor leadership and lack of internal promotions to leadership
High turnover, lack of internal promotions, poor leadership skills and communication. Managers are very unprofessional and many unethical practices. Lots of University politics, poor pay practices, low morale and no business processes or training in place.
Working at this University is interesting
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
Everyday i get a chance to see the transformation of different sea animals as they undergo experimentation. I enjoy keeping the campus safe so that these experiments will be complete without any issues.
Was all right
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2015
I had a great boss but my job as a lab tech was basically meaningless. All I had to do was take care of some research specimens.
University Of Miami the best
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: The best hospital to be employed for
Cons: no conplains
I love University Of Miami, its a great invirament and hospital to work for. Always there for employees and patients. The best hospital in Miami Dade
its a good place.
Medical Assistant/ adminstrative assitant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 15, 2015
university of Miami has room to grow. lots of notice to advance within the company. revising constantly. getting bigger and bigger so much room to improve in carrer.
Bad Research
Provost Lecturer (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Famous School
Cons: Lazy Professors
Graduate Professors do not help their students or direct them in their research. Then, they will remove them for not getting results.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Salaries