University of Miami Employee Reviews in United States

Overall
Manager of Donor Relations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2016
Not a healthy place to work. The culture needs to be reviewed and changed. You cannot advance unless you know someone and the pay is below standards for this type of university.
Lecturer, Department of Art & Art History (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 22, 2016
Highly recognized as a strong private university with students coming from many privileged education backgrounds. Excellent students/well endowed campus in a beautiful setting with much going on culturally in surrounding area.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
some humanities departments are less endowed than STEM disciplines
Exceptional Education
Assistant Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 18, 2016
This school provided a great education, but more importantly helped with the process of trying to find work after school is finished.
Pros
Great Faculty
Cons
New program
Productive and interesting oncology research
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working in the clinical setting and interacting with oncology patients and observing their responses to different treatment plans.
Great environment and family oriented
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
I was the help desk support for over 200 computers and 50 macs. On a daily basis we troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to windows and macs. Users included student, staff and faculty.
Pros
great support
Cons
small breaks
Excellent working standars.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2016
Enjoyed working and learning with wonderful Professors. Very pleasant co-workers made working enjoyable. I learned to help patients with their inquiries regarding their disease process, and reassure them or either have the doctor or his assistant help them.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No breaks
Highly recommended
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral SciencesMarch 30, 2016
I love its working environment. Very friendly atmosphere. I got a chance to work with undergraduates, medical school students, international MD scholars and research coordinators.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 24, 2016
Working as a student assistant has allowed me to foster my interpersonal and communication skills. A typical day at work in the Student Center involved helping to coordinate events and being available to answer questions for Miami students.
Productive and friendly workplace
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 23, 2016
Decent training from older experienced workers. Learned technical assistance and support related to computer systems. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Great team and staff to be around
Volunteer assistant coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2016
-early practice
-short hours
-work isn't work when you love what you do
-Staff is more like family
-fun every day
-hardest part of the job is early mornings but days are short
Pros
work in a college
Cons
volunteer
Productive workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 19, 2016
Productive workplace, great co-workers, great team of doctors, When working on the Gables campus, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the students who are eager to learn and eager to make an impact on the world.
Quick paced
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  1400 N.W. 12 avenueMarch 10, 2016
This was a very quick paced, production based atmosphere. Difficult to thing outside of just the work rushing in. At times, we had some quiet moments, but for the most part extremely busy.
Pros
Wonderful benefit package
Cons
The work load
Great Place work, Fast Pace Office Enviroment , Great work Culture, Very Rewarding.
Sr.Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Great Place to be in. You learn something Every day. Management Well Organized and most Importanly The "U" Knows hot to value Employees. I have Learned so much in the University of Miami
Good experience
MSPH Thesis (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
• Design research protocol focus on breast cancer survival defined by the ER/PR/HER2 subtypes in Florida
• Conduct survival analysis on data from Florida Cancer Data System using SAS
• Write research proposal and final thesis according to analysis results
good
Thesis Researcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
My supervisor and other staff always help and discuss with me. I am learning a lot about cancer, analysis and SAS. The deadline may be pressing but the process is enjoyable.
Sponsored Programs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Worked with a great group of people. As an educational and research facility, UM campus is always bustling with activity. At the Sponsored programs dept. there is so much to learn, proposals are sent out, grants are awarded, tracking of the award and spending keeps you engaged. Then there's the billing and reporting aspect of the job, how exciting! It goes on..You may even run into Sebastian, our mascot.We are all a team on the campus as we work together to ensure a place of learning, teaching, serving for a better community and a better world. Go Canes!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
commute can be exhausting
Providing excellent care and service for our patients is our mission.
Pathology Lab Assistant II/ Accessioning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2016
I'm content when the lab staff and my self provide excellent care to patients who come in to our facility. Our goal is to process their lab work and others specimens in a timely fashion so that the nurses and doctors can provide the right treatment for the patient. I take my time do listen and make changes that will promote excellent patient care. The hardest part in my job is when I have a lot of patient's specimen to process in a timely manner and attending to calls that comes in frequently. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the staff and doctors thank my self and the lab staff for helping them preform their jobs effectively by processing their patients lab results in a timely manner. Every day that I have the opportunity to help someone is a great fulfillment in my life.
Great Atmosphera
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2016
It is a very pleasant place to work for. The University has a good communications labs which provide a platform for the students.
learning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Help promote organ donation. Accompanied supervisor to diverse presentation and help disseminate information regarding organ donation. Created packages for current organ donors and future organ donors.
Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
A great facility for learning.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with something new to learn everyday.
Great Medical team....But not enough nursing staff/nursing assistants.

My co-workers are very devoted and we all try our best to accomplish our goals each day.

4.2