University of Miami Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and dynamic place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
UM is a very diverse and interesting work environment. There are a lot of opportunities and coworkers are really friendly. In particular, the College of Engineering is a great place to learn
Underpaid and too many demands
Director (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 9, 2016
The University systematically underpays its employees. They charge more than 550.00 per year just to park your car on campus and that does not guarantee a spot. They expect everyone to be on call 24 hours a day. Their yearly raises do not even keep up with the amount they charge for parking.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
low pay, restrictions on benefits charge for parking outrageous
A private academic institution i with a strong presence in South Florida
Administration staff member (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 7, 2016
Enjoy an outstanding relationship with the local and international student community providing bilingual technical and academic advice and support.

Promoted specific operational proposals, and developed initiatives to promote the university locally and abroad.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Poor management leading to no career advancement despite professional credentials and experience.
University of Miami
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, Florida 33134July 24, 2016
An exemplary university and educational institution to work for. I am an Adjunct Faculty Professor. The management style is very progressive and inclusive.
Productive and Fun Workplace that sought out and Achieved all set Goals
Mini Canes Staff (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 13, 2016
Created a Schedule for Everyone, then proceeded to accomplish those tasks as the day progressed by managing resources for all staff.
an enjoyable experience
Sr. Facilities Operations Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 12, 2016
Work with student on campus assisting with daily duties such as responding to emergency calls from student housing regarding floods, access issues and security. Provided daily reports detailing all activities throughout the night on campus.
Pros
working on college campus
Cons
leadership
Good Place to work
Director, Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 5, 2016
I was able to incorporate into the new program, learned the new systems upgrade and meet complexed mission requirements. Mission requirements required the implementation of new operating systems, the closure of a warehouse, the implementation of a Just in Time distribution program, the establishment of a replenishment program at a well known hospital, the establishment of a replenishment model in a still under construction outpatient clinic and last but not least establishing the just in time replenishment model to 15 additional outpatient clinics.
Pros
complexed mission requirements
Cons
resources tied to sequence of events and not readily available
A Great Place to Work For
Lead Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 30, 2016
Being part of the University Of Miami was the greatest privilege. UM was not only an entity that encompassed compassion for patients but also for employees. As a typical day at UM may have been challenging every day, it taught me that to be part of something big you have to desire it and be committed. My first experience as a Team Leader taught me how to be more empathetic, compassionate and patient not only with my team and patients but in life. Management at UM are about working together as a team ,not bias. Their mission shows that there is no I in team. That success is a Team effort. My co-workers were like my brothers and sisters. We had moments where we would not agree, but no matter what, the level of respect did not interrupt our mission. The hardest part of my job was having to make the hardest decision to leave for family reasons. And the most enjoyable part of my job was being part of an entity that was selfless.
Pros
Birthday Celebrations and Award Recognitions
Cons
Thirty Minute Lunch hours
UM is terrible
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 25, 2016
The University of Miami was the best place I ever worked in the beginning and then it was taken over by total frauds. Deans that got their jobs because of their spouses, people that stole money right and left, and bipolar people put in positions of power. What a shame! UM was not a team, it was a family at one time. Now it is a corporate disaster.
A typical day at my current job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2016
Give support to the Chairman making sure all meetings are confirmed and he attends. Answer phones and direct caller to appropriate department or facility. Approve time for faculty with sick or vacation request. Assist co-workers with information they need from from checking if a PO has been created, to creating PO and placing orders for supplies needed. The most difficult part of my job not being able to assist patients who call with billing questions The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist anyone who contacts me for assistance.
Pros
Employed by well known University
Cons
Opportunity for growth is limited

Want to know more about University of Miami?

Ask a question
Um
Director of Communications (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2016
Work-life balance is great, however compensation is not competitive.
Experience of culture depends largely on what department you work with since it is a very de-centralized organizational structure.
Fun workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Old Navy. It was a good job for students still in school to earn a little money. Would not consider this job a place to make a living out of.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
na
Histology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2016
It is a great school, but very different to work there. It is a great opportunity to work with a lot of people from another area.
A great work environment
Senior Patient Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
My years in Miami were exceptional and cannot complain. They were fun and I enjoyed making new friends as i had recently moved to the US from Honduras. It was my first job here and i learned the necessary professional tools to finally move to CA in 2007. The University of Miami was great to work for.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, fun place
Cons
distance work - home
Great
AIA, Summer Camp Mentor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 23, 2016
amazing people and networks.
Very flexible, smart, communicate effectively.
Ability to teach and promote values and work ethic.
Abundance of opportunity for expansion and self growth.
Productive and Informative place to work
Administrative Assistant/Hospital Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot working with the University of Miami. Very Professional work environment. Great Staff and Leaders to work it.
Pros
Working for a Hospital that helps so many families.
Cons
The commute
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 19, 2016
Fun job in college when you just need a little pocket change to get you by and you meet a lot of interesting people so you get to socialize.
Good Academic Work Place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 13, 2016
Under my current boss, I have learned and finessed many skills in order to be an effective administrative assistant. Hours are very flexible but is only a part time position.
A place where I learned many helpful techniques
T.A. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2016
I learned many helpful techniques from my professors which in turn allowed me to become a more effective instructor. I also learned how to properly organize art shows for students and professors in other galleries.
Pros
Free school, and pay
Productive and professional
Billing Compliance's Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
Patients can be difficult, but that's really the hardest part which can be a challenge if patients are not motivated to comply with treatment.