University of Miami Employee Reviews

Something new everyday
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2017
Each and every day I get to experience something new. I enjoy the people I work with. Opportunities and challenges are afforded to me and my opinions are heard.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2017
Beautiful campus
Unorganized administration and offices
Great events throughout the campus over the entire school year
Nice coworkers
Weather during Spring is too warm
Pros
Well known institution
Cons
political
Overall a good place to work
Senior Clinical Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
Overall University of Miami is a good place to work. The location is kind of sketchy but right off of the train. If you are coming from the north, it isn't as easy to get here but there is still a bus available. The traffic is horrible so not fun to commute.
Great job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2017
Great work enviroment most enjoyable part of the job is to the patient smile.The workplace enviroment make you feel like family learned a lot out of my 5 years working there .
Productive and fun work place.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 15, 2017
I loved working at UM! The people I worked with were great and the teachers were not only incredibly nice but they also really knew what they were talking about. It was a pleasure working with them as I learned so much about the real do and don't 's in the industry.
Great Learning Employment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
This was a Great Learning experience environment to work among. It serves as a Great Learning and Teaching environment to be among.
Every employee enters and leave with GREAT life-skills.
Salary
Temp Positions (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
When I stared working for the University of Miami I was in the impression that it was my dream work place to be. I stared as a temp with a decent salary and before three month I was hired permanently because of the excellence and professionalism of my work, but after they hired me as a permanent employee they reduce my salary so dramatically that the same moment I resigned.
It could be a great place again.
Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  1320 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables, FL 33146June 9, 2017
I have been in UM IT more than 5 years... It's too sad all the lay off.... the yearly salary increase is 0-3%... (sometimes you can get 0% salary increase in a year)... Getting promoted?? HA!.... you have to apply to a new position, that is the only way... beside that... they are trying to cultivate more culture... doing picnics and activities for the employees, good benefits also.
Pros
all the insurance, free career, "free master"
Cons
salary increase, promotions
Fun Place to work
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 9, 2017
Been here for quite some time and seen how innovative this place is. So much change in the last several years always trying to stay ahead of the times.
it was great!
Multicultural Student Affairs - Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 7, 2017
Working with MSA was so fun and I miss it dearly. The management there was fun to work with and my adviser let me be responsible and have my own assignments. I designed a variety of my own works and they were printed and sent out. I am proud about that till this day.
UM faculty foster a great learning environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2017
Ample opportunity to work with different faculty member on various research projects depending on student interest. Work consisted of assisting faculty with literature reviews but also included collaborative tasks.
Volunteer Research Assistant
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 5, 2017
Volunteered to work at the disabilities center. I was not an employee of the University of Miami. The staff is great and knowledgable. They really care about helping patients and families succeed. Can't say enough good things.
Beautiful place to work, low wages that do not match the cost of living
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
With the exception of high-level admin, most employees are not paid a living wage.

It looks well-run on the outside, but the inside dysfunctional. The "Miami shuffle" of being sent off in circles to different departments because no one wants to do their job is so common is has a name.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
Can't afford to live in Miami
Excellent place to work
Office Manager - Department of Trauma Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great staff; great board, great cause.
The exciting part of this job was the opportunity to get to know different families, and community leaders.
Great place, good benefits
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2017
The University of Miami is an amazing place, with amazing people and great benefits. The University offers entrance to many of the university's athletic events for free or at a very low price.
Good place to volunteer
Health Aware Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2017
While community outreach events can be hectic, employees do their best to work with you and with the surroundings. Good place to learn problem-solving, sales techniques, and practice Spanish speaking abilities.
Dangerous
Pre-Testing Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33136May 29, 2017
It was a very busy atmosphere. Working conditions were not the best and although I enjoyed working there, I do not regret leaving this place of employment
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
dangerous
Over worked under stress by Director, horrible department to have been hired to.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2017
Overall the University should be fine but where I was hired was not good. I was miserable. From the beginning it was basic training on budgets that were complicated and unorganized due to under staffed department. I was the first person hired in 2 years for an area that used to have 4 employees and was down to 1 to work all the department of medicine's budget clinical trials. The Director expected perfect work but wouldn't bother to offer help always saying she was to busy to talk to the senior person. Typical office job where the office gossip goes around, people on their phones not working and taking long lunches. I stuck around for 4 months due to the pay check but I hated management and the job honestly. I was lied to in the interview how bad this position was.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Friendly Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 27, 2017
I worked for only a day for non-profit at a basketball game. The people were very friendly and caring. The work environment would get difficult during half-time, but nothing I couldn't handle.
Met so many new people!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2017
UM is a great place to work for, even it's privately owned buildings. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the employees are all very nice for the most part.
Pros
Discounted (AWESOME) lunch
Cons
Parking not offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval