University of Miami Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Patti and Allen Herbert Wellness CenterAugust 26, 2015
Interacted with patrons and developed/implemented exercise prescriptions to clients in the fitness room within the wellness center.
My Work Day
Sr. Development Data Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
My typical work day includes me reviewing and finishing up whatever work was left over from the previous day, organizing my work for the day and making sure any of my coworkers that need help with the – more... work I give them understand the processes that need to be done. I've learned that teamwork is the best way to get things done in a timely matter and it also showed me how to deal with multiple personalities in the work place. – less
A productive research institute
Postdoc Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
It has a beautiful campus, highly productive professionals and diligent workers. Most people here work really hard. They are also kind to people around.
Fun place to work but work life balance is horrible
Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Interacting with the student workers
Cons: No work life balance
UM is a great place to work but in my department there are very young managers that are up and coming and with them trying to find themselves and establish their management style it ends in a huge amount of drama and unnecessary stress.

There is no work life balance. Period.
Busy
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Everyday is a busy day in this facility. Its a fast paced multitasking place and there is always room to move up with the company.
Very productive and growing environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
On an average day, we very busy because I work for the Chair's Office (Dept. of Public Health Sciences). We collaborate with other departments and Organizations outside of UM to develop the School of Public – more... Health.

The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands of the Chair in order for operations to run smoothly. Most assignments are based upon a timeline and our Chair play different roles in different department; however, we are responsible for all the tasks/assignments.

The most enjoyable part is the many different experience and growth and development that I gain as an employee. – less
Productive place to work
Ophthalmic Clinical Asst Visual Field Tech (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 30, 2015
Great starter position with room for advancement with the right work ethic.Positions are varied and the hours are plentiful.
Exciting environment in great city
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 30, 2015
The University as a whole is a great place to be. You are surrounded by quality people and are able to get involved in a variety of different ways.
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
Lot of new tools to learn. Friendly work environment. Clear picture of the business model. Positive overall experience in short.
Good Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2015
I worked for this company for one entire year, unfortunately company was laying off, due to budget cut. Otherwise very good company to work at.
Good place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2015
Great co-workers and good managers. Benefits are pretty good. They offer tuition assistance, but only if attending the University of Miami.
It was a pleasure working at The University of Miami
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2015
Working at The University of Miami, it was a pleasure for me. As I worked I have grown along with the physicians on the Medical teams and also seen the performance on the inpatients and outpatients settings.
very good working place
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 13, 2015
Productive working place with great co-workers and boss. I got the scholarship from UM so I have to work as TA and RA and be a graduate international student. However everyone I know tried to help me and I really had great experience there,
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 13, 2015
A thriving University with a promising future. Sometimes under paid, but a good work place none the less. My co-workers are fine. Management can be a bit unbearable at times.
Scientific Research field
Senior Research Associate II (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Professional develop
Cons: Low money compensation
The experience that I have gotten working on scientific field at University Of Miami had helped me to be more organized and more responsible on many duties in my professional life
managment on central business change a lot
Senior Medical Collector (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
because they centralize Business office all the specialties are together and we don't have experience in a lot of specialties. they really have to enforce to every body get the experience in the particular pod.or we never get the goals for a collection. no matter how hard you work never see the results.
I am a efficient worker
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Provide great support to patients and my superiors

What I have learned at my past and present job to ensure that; I bring great character that will enhance my interpersonal skills.

To be a Manager – more... it is imperative that he or she conduct effective fundamental skills

I have engaged with very difficult co workers and some that are pleasant

I have not encounter any difficult issues within my 21 years of working in the Healthcare industry; I have learned through my years in order to succeed in life within your personal life or work; it is imperative that you are passionate among others.

I enjoy building a professional relationship with my co workers and with the patients – less
Professional Environment
Senior Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Tuition remission
Cons: Management/culture change
Change in administration prompted mass layoffs of 2012. There was a huge morale shift, however, the level of professionalism was very high and prior to downsizing, opportunities for growth were accessible.
great place to work
Physical Plant Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great place to advance
Cons: none
the work was demanding and exciting. the expectations were reasonable and the politics were overwhelming. that was the ultimate issue with the job
Worth working for
Senior Patient Care Associate (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The best experience of a lifetime. Learned a lot while working there. What i learned in the Dermatology clinic could not be traded with anything else in the world. I learned new things as the residents were being taught by the professors whom worked there.