University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

Medical Staff Office Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the knowledge i gained
It was great to work in a field that was so important. While I learned so much because of the field I was in there were many other places I wish I could have explored.

Co-workers are great, team work is great when you have it. The reality is the culture has some opportunity to improve and with the right mission they will get there.
Productive place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 20, 2015
good infrastructure and equipment facility, warm and friendly working environment. I worked very closely with senior colleagues and specialists at the University of Miami, before I had my first teaching opportunity during my graduate studies. I found the earned information extremely helpful in my instructional responsibilities, because it made me familiar with the various linguistic, cultural and instructional needs of the international teaching community.
Excellent place of work and opportunity for advancement.
Fiscal Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: culture, job advancement, weather and family-oriented atmosphere.
Cons: none.
This is the idea workplace with opportunities for advancing your education, professional development and job promotions. The job culture is totally family oriented.
High level of work productivity that requires a highly motivated and knowledgible person.
Retired (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2015
My work was very challenging at times, but I found myself working in the scope of my responsibities in a more easier manner allowing me to increase my productivity. My overall rating for the UM school of medicine is a nice place to work, as departmental administrator, my immediate supervisor and my co- workers all were very good to me. It was a good job.
Productive and diverse place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: none.
Productive and diverse place to work. Very stable and place for advancement is there. Great pay and better benefits. Its a good place to work and you will be heard by management and your ideas will be taken into consideration.
Horrible working environment
Sr. Accounts Representative Specialist (Former Employee), Bascom Palmer Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: non friendly environment
Not a good place to work, management and staff members are very rude, Hostile environment with out HR support. would not recommend
Lots of work little pay. Bad management
Senior Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2015
University of Miami UHealth is a medical establishment that provides care to cancer patients. My main job duties were data entry, patient registration, appointment scheduling, answering phones, call directory, collecting co pays and past due balances, settling bank drawers at the end of shift.
Loved it
Computer Network Specialist II (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: love it
Loved It
great campus
great medical benefits
smart employees
various projects keeps you busy
a typical day is learning and working on projects
great holiday and day off policy
co workers are nice
hardest part of job is not getting caught up in beautiful campus
easily accessible via public transportation
great shuttle system
college football and basketball
Supportive Campus
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), MiamiJanuary 16, 2015
Um is a very established org and organize campus. Faculty have many opportunity to learn and perform research and provide feedback in a supportive environment.
enjoy the work
Environmental Tech. (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay scale needs work
good people great environment to work in
pay not good for what you do
the culture is all about the University
Senior Staff Associate, Events Management (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: university culture, tuition reimbursement, free tickets to sporting events
Cons: health care
Everyone within the university whether students, employees, or donors love the university. The pay is competitive however benefits in terms of health care compensation are a bit lacking. However, education compensation is exceptional, one can attend the university as an employee at no cost, provided that they cover only the taxes incurred for the course and they are admitted into the program.
A learning and satisfying experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility, ability to fligh high (the sky is the limit)
Cons: expiring grants
Nothing motivates me more than to know that my day starts with a brief organizational meeting among my team members. Once in place then we deliver excellent service to the different patients. Love to see their faces of satisfaction and a bright smile (this is the best and most enjoyable feeling, and it has always been in every job that I have held to date) because of this the hardest part is to see the opposite which is a patient that gets frustrated due to our inability to deliver what was promised to them and in some cases not because our direct interaction but nevertheless painful anyway. My passion towards customer satisfaction is my first commandment.
Productive and friendly work-place
Operations Employee (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, can do school work, pay
Cons: a lot of manual labor at times
As a working student it sometimes may be hard to balance work and school work, however with Operations Crew it is very flexible for me as I am allowed to work on my school work during my shift. A typical work day consists of setting up chairs and tables for 2-3 events and then waiting for phone calls to bring other furniture or fix event set ups.
Good Place to Work
Manager, Professional Development (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, various locations to work, great research and teaching institution
Cons: very little work-life balance, depending on the department, need to develop standards of accountability for all employees not just a select few
It would greatly benefit the University if the senior leadership took an honest look and review at the recruitment practices to ensure that they are hiring the right talent, not just the top talent to increase the level of trust within the organization. This would help to decrease the turn-over rate.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant-Temporary Pool (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2015
I learned the structure within the organization. Learned university policies and procedures and was able to establish relationships with other employees within the school of nursing and the university in general.
Guarding the student dorms all night long.
Security Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLDecember 21, 2014
A typical night at work included staying awake and checking in dorm-residents and guests. We assisted in case of emergencies and contacted emergency personnel when required. I learned that night jobs aren't for me and students try to sneak in a lot of contraband when they think no one is paying attention. The hardest part of the job was staying awake when it hit around 4 am because my shift ended at 7 am. My co-workers were supportive at night but weren't very interested in anyone otherwise. Management was always available and helpful when you needed it and we're always a call away. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of the shifts and the potential of earning $800 a week.
Good place to work, but a lot of favoritism unfear treatment a lot of gossip
Senior Inpatient Coder (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: favoritism and gossipp kills the place
work there a few years, bad management a lot of favoritism, people without any certification making the same amount of money of the one with a college degree, a lot of gossip allow by management supervisors very bad experience at the end, I'll never would go back and work in a place like that, you give complain to HR they never pay attention to you, got into the hospital for the unfear treatment and the gossip.

Not enjoyable at all, never new what was coming next, left with high blood pressure because of the problems and the gossip
Medical Records (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 8, 2014
Theres always advancement and the people are awesome. There is always an exciting yet interesting day.
High turnover
Sr. Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: compensation should be higher
Advisors in addition to processing paperwork, they also execute on real time as calling center.

I learned to multi-task in a fast paced environment

Management style was a bit on the micromanaging side.

Hardest part of the job was processing applications during peak time, while understaffed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the connections I made and the opportunity to earn my Master's Degree.
Great University, careful when picking your PhD supervisor
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLDecember 2, 2014
Great University, careful when picking your PhD supervisor as he can make your life miserable. Also some labs lack funding and/or leadership which is an issue when signing up for a PhD. Also, you will sign a 3 years agreement for the PhD, but some supervisors will have you make 5... Appaling.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos