University of Miami Employee Reviews

great place to work in
Graduate Student Government Association Senator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
great place to work in and grow in higher education if that is what you are aiming for, great benefits and great if you want to go back to school.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. Great environment. Team work. Great experience. Very relax kind of environment. Great doctors and nurses. Many years of many achievements.
Pros
environment
Cons
far away from my house
interview process
None (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I did not like their job interview process they call you, you speak with one person in when you get there you are interviewed by 4 individuals. I feel they should let you know what you are going into.
Eh
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Temporary employee, no benefits, 40 hours per week, little room to grow, not many personal development opportunities.
An Exciting Place To Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 24, 2017
My tenure with the University of Miami has afforded many ample opportunities to teach with and learn from a rich, culturally diverse group of professionals. The University of Miami goes to great lengths to attract, recruit and develop top talent in all professional areas. I am honored to have been part of the University of Miami family!!!
Productive, good compensation
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Good work culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Good management
Good compensation
Great people at all levels of the company; like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Excellent place to work and learn new concepts
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 17, 2017
University of Miami is a great place to work for growth and experience. Good people and dynamic environment makes no two days the same.
Pros
Great work/life balance, excellent benefits for retirement
Current Employment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work can be normal if you are accustomed to doing differentroutine with last minute notification. Also, the environment was welcoming and very friendly. There are a lot of learning and growth opportunities, and a very diverse culture
The worst of its kind
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 6, 2017
UMPD does not support their police officers.They took away comp time,step raises.The chief is a joke who is there self-benefiting neglecting officers.
Pros
At least I have a job- per the chief's words.
Cons
Really, no police benefits and it's impossible to move up the chain let alone be a detective.
Lacking employees with accountability and respect
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 31, 2016
The employee moral is combative and the management and HR dept are very disconnected. The equipment is far below par. Too much turnover in the department, related to how new people are treated like outsiders.
A good school and enjoyable workplace
Sr. Help Desk Technician, Richter Library (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 29, 2016
While "The U" may suffer from the same maladies afflicting colleges and universities around the country at this time and is therefore top heavy with administration and obsessed with turning campus into country club, it's still a very pleasant place to work. The main campus is gorgeous, the students are bright and polite and general well behaved. Sure, there are some overprivileged snots to tend to but overall a very nice crop of kids.
Good opportunities
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 23, 2016
A decent place to work they offer usually better pay then most also capable of moving up the chain mostly on the clerical/administrative side. Extreme high volume of patients at the cancer center.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 22, 2016
Working with the University of Miami has been an employment like no other. They really take care of there employees. I really enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to work here.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
i loved my job
Causal Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2016
My office was fun and laid back. Really made you feel welcomed. My trainer was excellent. I really wanted to attend this school.
good job
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2016
Because of founding problem I left the job. other wise my job in university of Miami was very good. I have two years experience in data analysis job. I am good at computers.
Campus is located in a nice place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 3, 2016
Campus is located in a nice place. That is probably the best part of it and the fact that the university is a well-known one.
Casual undergrad TA position
Undergraduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 25, 2016
Collect and grade materials
help create assignments
enter grades
interact with students and faculty
researched orbital mechanics
Augmented assignments to incorporate my undergraduate research
helped student with senior design projects
Pros
Casual job, great faculty (the ones i worked with), research is a plus
Cons
not any significant ones!
Great opportunities to learn and grow
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2016
I love working for the University. I work in a team setting and all of my co-workers have become family. Everyone goes above and beyond to help the other. The hardest part is work/life balance. I work many early mornings, evenings and weekends in the marketing and events department.
Great employer, and a fun place to work.
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  coral Gables ,FLNovember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part to the job is the various employees you meet and the opportunity you have to help them solve their employment related issues. The hardest part of the position was to make tough decisions that may not always positively impact the employee's employment outcome.
Its a fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2016
Its a great place to work but it didn't fit my personality you learn a lot so if you decide to leave you will have the experience and you meet people from all over the country
Pros
Your taught a lot
Cons
You can advance in 12 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.