University of Miami Employee Review

View all University of Miami reviews

to follow
Energt Mgt (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Verify conditions and facilities status for all night shift activities. Evaluate and advise current status and determine possible outcomes. Direct shop activities to minimize impact to operations. The hardest part of this position is trying to be I two places at once.
The challenges are the most rewarding part of my current job.

Other University of Miami Employee Reviews

Not a frienldy environment to work in
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 14, 2017
I am not talking about all the University in general I am just referring to my experience at the International Studies department or program.
Pay as a research assistant was low. The director every semester made look like she was doing you a favor granting you the tuition waver and stipend (which we got with a lot of effort).
Some fellows never worked, others worked the double of hours stipulated in the contract.
Some assignments were very time consuming especially during comp. exams times and while writing dissertations.
The professors and administration in the department are in constant conflict which affects the students.
Most of the time doctoral students are not assigned to professors with the same research interests.
Only a name
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 13, 2017
It works by departments so I guess it is just a matter of where you go to get lucky or not.
No a good experience. Micromanagement. Small budget. Small opportunities to grow unless you know somebody.
Good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.