University of Miami Employee Reviews

Providing excellent care and service for our patients is our mission.
Pathology Lab Assistant II/ Accessioning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2016
I'm content when the lab staff and my self provide excellent care to patients who come in to our facility. Our goal is to process their lab work and others specimens in a timely fashion so that the nurses and doctors can provide the right treatment for the patient. I take my time do listen and make changes that will promote excellent patient care. The hardest part in my job is when I have a lot of patient's specimen to process in a timely manner and attending to calls that comes in frequently. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the staff and doctors thank my self and the lab staff for helping them preform their jobs effectively by processing their patients lab results in a timely manner. Every day that I have the opportunity to help someone is a great fulfillment in my life.
Great Atmosphera
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2016
It is a very pleasant place to work for. The University has a good communications labs which provide a platform for the students.
learning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Help promote organ donation. Accompanied supervisor to diverse presentation and help disseminate information regarding organ donation. Created packages for current organ donors and future organ donors.
Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
A great facility for learning.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with something new to learn everyday.
Great Medical team....But not enough nursing staff/nursing assistants.

My co-workers are very devoted and we all try our best to accomplish our goals each day.
cool place to work great benefits
Sr Insurance Verfier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2015
management sucks but great company for advancement and long term opportunities. no bonuses but lots of perks for employees
Great Support
Adjunct Lecturer, English for Law (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2015
The atmosphere at the LLI is excellent and very supportive. the faculty and students are great to work with. I have gotten more than I have received.
Pros
Adm. support
Cons
parking
fun palce to work
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2015
fun and exciting place to work. The children and staff are very loving to be around. Love going to work and helping these lovely children with success.
Productive/Job Security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2015
Supportive Management and nice work/life balance. Decent benefits. A good environment and culture is pretty positive. Not too much room for growth.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not too much room for growth.
Excellent
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 29, 2015
Great place to work and learn. Supportive environment with good management personnel. Beautiful campus and great weather.
good
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2015
everything is good, we have benefits but the salary i think is not good enough for the position and work volume what I do, i lot of work pressure .
Pros
not paid
Cons
breaks are paid
UM Research
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work. Anyone with a medical/clinical background interested in research should start here. I think it is the only academic institution in Miami with a research infrastructure
Great workplace with an amazing staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
A regular workday includes myself assuring all staff and personnel begin and end their day with a smile. Making sure all of the building;s needs are met, whether its by working with the Facilities Manager, or the Post Docs, as well as answering a twelve line switchboard
Pros
tons of employee discounts, awesome benefits
productive fun department
Senior Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 18, 2015
I loved working at the university and I was also allowed to continue my education. I also liked the convience of having the shuttle buses and food court.
Pros
continued education for free
Cons
short breaks
always fun to be there not that exited afer a while
Medical Biller and Collector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
i was not very happy to work a the environment they provided and the hourly rate was not doing it for me therefore i moved on
great place to work
Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 14, 2015
Great place to work. Beautiful campus, great energy, but pay is very low and opportunities for growth are skim. Benefits are great.
Pros
great campus
Cons
pay is really low
Variety of projects
Graphic Designer and Publication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 4, 2015
The day would start with a staff meeting discussing projects we were working on and if anyone needed help. My daily projects would vary from: designing posters, pocket schedules, ads for newspaper, game day programs, sports media guides, ticket guides, e-blast, postcards, coordinating photo shoots, managing photo archive and whatever was asked of me.
Pros
Health Care, Fun environment, Variety of projects
Cons
Management changes
Overall a good place to a part of.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2015
Left for health reasons. Enjoyed working with staff, students and the public. Opportunities for promotions and for management.
Pros
Avaible educational benifits.
Cons
Worked along and no complaints.
Okay
Primary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2015
The company is great to work for if you have no intention of moving up. Promotions are given to "favorites". Work environment is pleasant and most colleagues are also pleasant.
Pros
Free tuition at UM
Cons
Difficult to receive promotion
People are professional and productive
Substitute Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 29, 2015
I really like the working environment at the University of Miami. I am working with brilliant people who run a lots of innovate behavioral research projects, and clinical and research experience I am getting out this appointment is priceless.
Pros
Good benefits
Learning Environment
Coordinator for State and Federal Programs (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2015
The University of Miami was my preferred work place. I never felt as good in any other work place.

I grew from a Receptionist to a Coordinator of the State and Federal Programs and enjoyed every minute of it.

I learned the business from several excellent tutors and the encouragement of the Deans and Directors at the time. I developed many new skills while attending school and working at the same time.

I was responsible for distribution of funds, administering the programs according to the Federal and State Laws and Regulations, reconciliation of accounts, disbursing funds to students, preparing reports to the Directors for review, assists with yearly internal and external audits.
Pros
Learned from the bottom up
Cons
I retired due to personal family problems