University of Miami Employee Reviews

Good place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2015
Great co-workers and good managers. Benefits are pretty good. They offer tuition assistance, but only if attending the University of Miami.
It was a pleasure working at The University of Miami
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2015
Working at The University of Miami, it was a pleasure for me. As I worked I have grown along with the physicians on the Medical teams and also seen the performance on the inpatients and outpatients settings.
very good working place
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 13, 2015
Productive working place with great co-workers and boss. I got the scholarship from UM so I have to work as TA and RA and be a graduate international student. However everyone I know tried to help me and I really had great experience there,
Scientific Research field
Senior Research Associate II (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Professional develop
Cons: Low money compensation
The experience that I have gotten working on scientific field at University Of Miami had helped me to be more organized and more responsible on many duties in my professional life
managment on central business change a lot
Senior Medical Collector (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
because they centralize Business office all the specialties are together and we don't have experience in a lot of specialties. they really have to enforce to every body get the experience in the particular pod.or we never get the goals for a collection. no matter how hard you work never see the results.
I am a efficient worker
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Provide great support to patients and my superiors

What I have learned at my past and present job to ensure that; I bring great character that will enhance my interpersonal skills.

To be a Manager it is imperative that he or she conduct effective fundamental skills

I have engaged with very difficult co workers and some that are pleasant

I have not encounter any difficult issues within my 21 years of working in the Healthcare industry; I have learned through my years in order to succeed in life within your personal life or work; it is imperative that you are passionate among others.

I enjoy building a professional relationship with my co workers and with the patients
Professional Environment
Senior Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Tuition remission
Cons: Management/culture change
Change in administration prompted mass layoffs of 2012. There was a huge morale shift, however, the level of professionalism was very high and prior to downsizing, opportunities for growth were accessible.
great place to work
Physical Plant Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great place to advance
Cons: none
the work was demanding and exciting. the expectations were reasonable and the politics were overwhelming. that was the ultimate issue with the job
Worth working for
Senior Patient Care Associate (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The best experience of a lifetime. Learned a lot while working there. What i learned in the Dermatology clinic could not be traded with anything else in the world. I learned new things as the residents were being taught by the professors whom worked there.
Educational Advancement
Senior Patient Access and Patient Access (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Compensation
The University of Miami allows growth and it is a family environment. The establishment create ways for you to further your education and increase ways to advance.
Convient and productive workplace
Patient Relation Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: early release, great workshops
Cons: benefits
A very calm but steady work environment. The skills that were learned were very beneficial and something that could be used later on. The hardest part of the job was not having all the equipment you needed to complete a task. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team that was like extended family.
Lack of job growth
Research Associate III (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 24, 2015
There is a lack of empowerment, and the institution as a whole lacks to be nimble and depicts poor management. There is no motivation to colleagues and/or appreciation for handwork.
Is an excellent work place to be part of.
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
University of Miami (UM) is very well organized and has many good recreational activities and services for the employees. Also has an excellent Health Insurance Plan. The relationship with my coworkers and supervisors has been always extraordinary good, and everybody work with very good spirit and moral to accomplish with the daily job and goals. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is to be involved in different projects that will help to provide advances in this field.
great professional place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant to Directors (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: long hours and low pay
An excellent place to work with little promotion and not enough pay for the work. Short staffed in most departments. Management needs to appreciate lower staff that make them succeed.
Good place
Student Technology Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Sometimes there is lunch provided
Cons: Short breaks
It is a good place to work, management is nice, and the environment is friendly. There are many positives of working here.
Very satisfying and rewarding experience.
Senior Case Worker (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Management is always willing to work with you.
Cons: Very little change of advancement in current position.
Great teamwork and co-workers. Very flexible in terms balancing life and work. Very rewarding in helping families. Can become very routine.
Student Project Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
I loved working for Housing and Residential Life at the University of Miami. It had a great atmosphere and the culture was phenomenal. I typically was located at my cubicle or around campus getting to know students and other student staff. The management was fantastic and was always willing to help me learn or progress in my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new students and people every day. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the heat of south Florida sometimes when moving heavy equipment around the campus.
It's all about the U ...
Technology (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunities, benefits, pay, experience
Cons: Culture needs a little work
Great place to work, very diverse environment, big organization with lots of opportunity. Extreme exposure in whatever topic of your choosing, you'll be a subject matter expert in no time. State of the art technology deployed most of the time and usually in very large-scale deployments.
Great learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Was given the tools, mentors, and facilities to learn through curriculum, but also through my own self-driven learning.
Current Employment
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Communication with the patients
A typical day at work is the assisting patients with their laboratory orders and making sure all orders are within the system, insurance is current and laboratory orders are within the contract laboratories according to the patient's contract summary.

Assisting inter-departments, nurses with questions concerning orders verification of scheduled laboratory appointments within the various clinics on the medical campus.