University of Miami Employee Reviews

Amazing, Incredible, Without Comparison
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 22, 2017
Amazing environment, very supportive, genuine and its where I can be creative and I can be myself. Every day is great and it amazing to be here with everyone.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, great benefits, openness, flexible hours, supportive staff
Working at UM
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
You must love to help patients because the job can be stressful. Not so much as to dealing with patients but dealing with fellow employees. UM offers great opportunities if you want to go back to school.
Pros
Discount tickets for UM teams
Cons
hard to move up and receive raises
Great place
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2017
The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is really a great place to work...great for research...but as always, it depends with who you work!, your supervisor, etc.
Pros
Great researchers
Cons
Poor leaderships
Great Place
Access Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2017
This is a great place. There is plenty of work but a good team to accomplish it. The work volume changes throughout the year, but it's usually very balanced.
Productive and sometimes fun
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2017
We got cake once a month, baked by god's knows who, one of the team members I suspect. We had a very tight schedule to convert the legacy mainframe to PeopleSoft with deadlines constantly looming. It was interesting to see how the stress affected each team member. I learned that I was a good multi-tasker with a keen ability to focus. Getting a process running correctly the first time was a thrill.
Pros
free UM football games, free tuition
Cons
breaks are not really allowed. keep your nose to the grindstone.
my typical day at work
Resource Nurse/Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
I started at 0700, checked the assignment board and look for the nurse who supposed to give me my reports. The nurse and I went to the patient's room together for bedside report.the harders part of my job was working twelve hours most of the times without taking lunch. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my patient said to me they were satisfied with my care.I learned to treat everyone with respect and fairness.
I have developed and learned a great deal!
RESEARCH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Reputable institution that has provided me a learning opportunity to further my skills and allowed me to grow professionally. It has provided me with an opportunity to transition into higher education from elementary ed.
Great place to work at
Research laboratory support coordinator (Current Employee) –  MiamiApril 3, 2017
While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the CRC supports, facilitates and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace that allows for personal growth
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
Working at UM has been a great experience so far. Friendly staff, good pay, and good benefits. Working here has allowed for personal growth in myself by finding what Im good and not good at and working on those. Great experience so far.
Caring
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
Good place to work just too far of a distance of a drive for myself. Management at times was not fair to some and was fair to others who were favorites. Overall, good organization.

Want to know more about University of Miami?

Ask a question
Decent, nothing spectacular
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 27, 2017
It's a okay job, not much to talk about. Very stable but advancement may not come to many workers of the company, moreso based on who you know rather than what you know.
enjoyable
Public Address Announcer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 23, 2017
Public Address Announcing for sporting events - volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, tennis, track and field for 5 years.
Too Many Administrators
Research Assistant/Lecturer/Assistant Debate Coach (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 18, 2017
Lots of bureaucracy without anyone taking responsibility for their errors. Contractual obligations are interpreted as simply guidelines and require vigilant work on the employees part to ensure they are followed.
Excellent work environment
ERP Systems and Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2017
Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great growth opportunity, competitive salary. The training is very thorough, and they have an incredible campus culture.
Great experience but low pay
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
Great exposure to the field and opportunities to expand a skill set but horrible compensation. Experience is on valued on years of payment not fellowships
Productive workplace
Sr. buyer/ Procurement manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2017
I've worked at the university for more than 15 years. I have grown within the department leading me to my current position which I've held for the last ten years.
I am relocating this is the reason for my job searching
......................
Pros
Tuition remission
Great place to be
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Overall, it was a pleasure working for UM. The teams really worked well together. The communication between teams was great as well.
great place to work in
Graduate Student Government Association Senator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
great place to work in and grow in higher education if that is what you are aiming for, great benefits and great if you want to go back to school.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. Great environment. Team work. Great experience. Very relax kind of environment. Great doctors and nurses. Many years of many achievements.
Pros
environment
Cons
far away from my house
interview process
None (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I did not like their job interview process they call you, you speak with one person in when you get there you are interviewed by 4 individuals. I feel they should let you know what you are going into.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.