University of Miami Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at my current job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2016
Give support to the Chairman making sure all meetings are confirmed and he attends. Answer phones and direct caller to appropriate department or facility. Approve time for faculty with sick or vacation request. Assist co-workers with information they need from from checking if a PO has been created, to creating PO and placing orders for supplies needed. The most difficult part of my job not being able to assist patients who call with billing questions The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist anyone who contacts me for assistance.
Pros
Employed by well known University
Cons
Opportunity for growth is limited
Um
Director of Communications (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2016
Work-life balance is great, however compensation is not competitive.
Experience of culture depends largely on what department you work with since it is a very de-centralized organizational structure.
Fun workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Old Navy. It was a good job for students still in school to earn a little money. Would not consider this job a place to make a living out of.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
na
Histology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2016
It is a great school, but very different to work there. It is a great opportunity to work with a lot of people from another area.
A great work environment
Senior Patient Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
My years in Miami were exceptional and cannot complain. They were fun and I enjoyed making new friends as i had recently moved to the US from Honduras. It was my first job here and i learned the necessary professional tools to finally move to CA in 2007. The University of Miami was great to work for.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, fun place
Cons
distance work - home
Great
AIA, Summer Camp Mentor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 23, 2016
amazing people and networks.
Very flexible, smart, communicate effectively.
Ability to teach and promote values and work ethic.
Abundance of opportunity for expansion and self growth.
Productive and Informative place to work
Administrative Assistant/Hospital Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot working with the University of Miami. Very Professional work environment. Great Staff and Leaders to work it.
Pros
Working for a Hospital that helps so many families.
Cons
The commute
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 19, 2016
Fun job in college when you just need a little pocket change to get you by and you meet a lot of interesting people so you get to socialize.
Good Academic Work Place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 13, 2016
Under my current boss, I have learned and finessed many skills in order to be an effective administrative assistant. Hours are very flexible but is only a part time position.
A place where I learned many helpful techniques
T.A. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2016
I learned many helpful techniques from my professors which in turn allowed me to become a more effective instructor. I also learned how to properly organize art shows for students and professors in other galleries.
Pros
Free school, and pay
Productive and professional
Billing Compliance's Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
Patients can be difficult, but that's really the hardest part which can be a challenge if patients are not motivated to comply with treatment.
Great place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 10, 2016
It is one of the most ideal place for scholars to focus on their research in South Florida area. Students are passionate and always willing to learn. It was honored to work at those world-class school
this is a very fast paced workenviroment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
I find i learn something every day despite my years of experience here, it is a very dynamic and fast moving environment and I enjoy the madness at time.... in HR we are a family and support each other. I am currently mentoring two HR generalist in all facets of my job, I feel truly inspired when I see their progress and encouraged to see their growth on a daily basis.

The worst aspect of my position is when I have to terminate an employee, which is not done lightly and great effort is exercised to try and help them remedy their deficiencies in order to keep them. that I am making a difference in people’s lives.

And the most enjoyable is one I can offer a position/promotion or a reward for a job well done
The place is in continual transtion
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
the whole process is in when i was there causing it to b e a very difficult place to work for an extended length of time. I personally tried to ride it over for 3 years but nothing changed and it have become a culture on micromanagement and distrust
Pros
expopsure to lots of differant technology
Cons
conctant restrecture and insecurity do to frequest leadership changes
Learning and working at the same time
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2016
learned a lot of biology at my time here. High school students in the miami area should definitely apply to intern here. The co workers are graduate students, and Ph-d's so you can learn a lot from them
Pros
Learn and see cool stuff
Cons
sometimes its not productive
Overall
Manager of Donor Relations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2016
Not a healthy place to work. The culture needs to be reviewed and changed. You cannot advance unless you know someone and the pay is below standards for this type of university.
Lecturer, Department of Art & Art History (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 22, 2016
Highly recognized as a strong private university with students coming from many privileged education backgrounds. Excellent students/well endowed campus in a beautiful setting with much going on culturally in surrounding area.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
some humanities departments are less endowed than STEM disciplines
Exceptional Education
Assistant Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 18, 2016
This school provided a great education, but more importantly helped with the process of trying to find work after school is finished.
Pros
Great Faculty
Cons
New program
Productive and interesting oncology research
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working in the clinical setting and interacting with oncology patients and observing their responses to different treatment plans.
Great environment and family oriented
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
I was the help desk support for over 200 computers and 50 macs. On a daily basis we troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to windows and macs. Users included student, staff and faculty.
Pros
great support
Cons
small breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.