University of Miami Employee Reviews

Productive and sometimes fun
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2017
We got cake once a month, baked by god's knows who, one of the team members I suspect. We had a very tight schedule to convert the legacy mainframe to PeopleSoft with deadlines constantly looming. It was interesting to see how the stress affected each team member. I learned that I was a good multi-tasker with a keen ability to focus. Getting a process running correctly the first time was a thrill.
Pros
free UM football games, free tuition
Cons
breaks are not really allowed. keep your nose to the grindstone.
my typical day at work
Resource Nurse/Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
I started at 0700, checked the assignment board and look for the nurse who supposed to give me my reports. The nurse and I went to the patient's room together for bedside report.the harders part of my job was working twelve hours most of the times without taking lunch. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my patient said to me they were satisfied with my care.I learned to treat everyone with respect and fairness.
I have developed and learned a great deal!
RESEARCH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Reputable institution that has provided me a learning opportunity to further my skills and allowed me to grow professionally. It has provided me with an opportunity to transition into higher education from elementary ed.
Great place to work at
Research laboratory support coordinator (Current Employee) –  MiamiApril 3, 2017
While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the CRC supports, facilitates and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace that allows for personal growth
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
Working at UM has been a great experience so far. Friendly staff, good pay, and good benefits. Working here has allowed for personal growth in myself by finding what Im good and not good at and working on those. Great experience so far.
Caring
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
Good place to work just too far of a distance of a drive for myself. Management at times was not fair to some and was fair to others who were favorites. Overall, good organization.
Decent, nothing spectacular
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 27, 2017
It's a okay job, not much to talk about. Very stable but advancement may not come to many workers of the company, moreso based on who you know rather than what you know.
enjoyable
Public Address Announcer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 23, 2017
Public Address Announcing for sporting events - volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, tennis, track and field for 5 years.
Too Many Administrators
Research Assistant/Lecturer/Assistant Debate Coach (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 18, 2017
Lots of bureaucracy without anyone taking responsibility for their errors. Contractual obligations are interpreted as simply guidelines and require vigilant work on the employees part to ensure they are followed.
Excellent work environment
ERP Systems and Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2017
Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great growth opportunity, competitive salary. The training is very thorough, and they have an incredible campus culture.

Want to know more about University of Miami?

Ask a question
Great experience but low pay
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
Great exposure to the field and opportunities to expand a skill set but horrible compensation. Experience is on valued on years of payment not fellowships
Productive workplace
Sr. buyer/ Procurement manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2017
I've worked at the university for more than 15 years. I have grown within the department leading me to my current position which I've held for the last ten years.
I am relocating this is the reason for my job searching
......................
Pros
Tuition remission
Great place to be
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Overall, it was a pleasure working for UM. The teams really worked well together. The communication between teams was great as well.
great place to work in
Graduate Student Government Association Senator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
great place to work in and grow in higher education if that is what you are aiming for, great benefits and great if you want to go back to school.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. Great environment. Team work. Great experience. Very relax kind of environment. Great doctors and nurses. Many years of many achievements.
Pros
environment
Cons
far away from my house
interview process
None (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I did not like their job interview process they call you, you speak with one person in when you get there you are interviewed by 4 individuals. I feel they should let you know what you are going into.
Eh
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Temporary employee, no benefits, 40 hours per week, little room to grow, not many personal development opportunities.
An Exciting Place To Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 24, 2017
My tenure with the University of Miami has afforded many ample opportunities to teach with and learn from a rich, culturally diverse group of professionals. The University of Miami goes to great lengths to attract, recruit and develop top talent in all professional areas. I am honored to have been part of the University of Miami family!!!
Productive, good compensation
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Good work culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Good management
Good compensation
Great people at all levels of the company; like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Excellent place to work and learn new concepts
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 17, 2017
University of Miami is a great place to work for growth and experience. Good people and dynamic environment makes no two days the same.
Pros
Great work/life balance, excellent benefits for retirement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.