University of Miami Employee Reviews in United States

Lecturer, Department of Art & Art History (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 22, 2016
Highly recognized as a strong private university with students coming from many privileged education backgrounds. Excellent students/well endowed campus in a beautiful setting with much going on culturally in surrounding area.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
some humanities departments are less endowed than STEM disciplines
this is a very fast paced workenviroment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
I find i learn something every day despite my years of experience here, it is a very dynamic and fast moving environment and I enjoy the madness at time.... in HR we are a family and support each other. I am currently mentoring two HR generalist in all facets of my job, I feel truly inspired when I see their progress and encouraged to see their growth on a daily basis.

The worst aspect of my position is when I have to terminate an employee, which is not done lightly and great effort is exercised to try and help them remedy their deficiencies in order to keep them. that I am making a difference in people’s lives.

And the most enjoyable is one I can offer a position/promotion or a reward for a job well done
The place is in continual transtion
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
the whole process is in when i was there causing it to b e a very difficult place to work for an extended length of time. I personally tried to ride it over for 3 years but nothing changed and it have become a culture on micromanagement and distrust
Pros
expopsure to lots of differant technology
Cons
conctant restrecture and insecurity do to frequest leadership changes
Sponsored Programs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Worked with a great group of people. As an educational and research facility, UM campus is always bustling with activity. At the Sponsored programs dept. there is so much to learn, proposals are sent out, grants are awarded, tracking of the award and spending keeps you engaged. Then there's the billing and reporting aspect of the job, how exciting! It goes on..You may even run into Sebastian, our mascot.We are all a team on the campus as we work together to ensure a place of learning, teaching, serving for a better community and a better world. Go Canes!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
commute can be exhausting
learning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Help promote organ donation. Accompanied supervisor to diverse presentation and help disseminate information regarding organ donation. Created packages for current organ donors and future organ donors.
Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Excellent working standars.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2016
Enjoyed working and learning with wonderful Professors. Very pleasant co-workers made working enjoyable. I learned to help patients with their inquiries regarding their disease process, and reassure them or either have the doctor or his assistant help them.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No breaks
Learning and working at the same time
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2016
learned a lot of biology at my time here. High school students in the miami area should definitely apply to intern here. The co workers are graduate students, and Ph-d's so you can learn a lot from them
Pros
Learn and see cool stuff
Cons
sometimes its not productive
Providing excellent care and service for our patients is our mission.
Pathology Lab Assistant II/ Accessioning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2016
I'm content when the lab staff and my self provide excellent care to patients who come in to our facility. Our goal is to process their lab work and others specimens in a timely fashion so that the nurses and doctors can provide the right treatment for the patient. I take my time do listen and make changes that will promote excellent patient care. The hardest part in my job is when I have a lot of patient's specimen to process in a timely manner and attending to calls that comes in frequently. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the staff and doctors thank my self and the lab staff for helping them preform their jobs effectively by processing their patients lab results in a timely manner. Every day that I have the opportunity to help someone is a great fulfillment in my life.
Great environment and family oriented
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
I was the help desk support for over 200 computers and 50 macs. On a daily basis we troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to windows and macs. Users included student, staff and faculty.
Pros
great support
Cons
small breaks
A place where I learned many helpful techniques
T.A. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2016
I learned many helpful techniques from my professors which in turn allowed me to become a more effective instructor. I also learned how to properly organize art shows for students and professors in other galleries.
Pros
Free school, and pay
Productive and friendly workplace
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 23, 2016
Decent training from older experienced workers. Learned technical assistance and support related to computer systems. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Productive and Informative place to work
Administrative Assistant/Hospital Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot working with the University of Miami. Very Professional work environment. Great Staff and Leaders to work it.
Pros
Working for a Hospital that helps so many families.
Cons
The commute
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 24, 2016
Working as a student assistant has allowed me to foster my interpersonal and communication skills. A typical day at work in the Student Center involved helping to coordinate events and being available to answer questions for Miami students.
Great Place work, Fast Pace Office Enviroment , Great work Culture, Very Rewarding.
Sr.Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Great Place to be in. You learn something Every day. Management Well Organized and most Importanly The "U" Knows hot to value Employees. I have Learned so much in the University of Miami
Good experience
MSPH Thesis (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
• Design research protocol focus on breast cancer survival defined by the ER/PR/HER2 subtypes in Florida
• Conduct survival analysis on data from Florida Cancer Data System using SAS
• Write research proposal and final thesis according to analysis results
Productive workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 19, 2016
Productive workplace, great co-workers, great team of doctors, When working on the Gables campus, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the students who are eager to learn and eager to make an impact on the world.
Variety of projects
Graphic Designer and Publication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 4, 2015
The day would start with a staff meeting discussing projects we were working on and if anyone needed help. My daily projects would vary from: designing posters, pocket schedules, ads for newspaper, game day programs, sports media guides, ticket guides, e-blast, postcards, coordinating photo shoots, managing photo archive and whatever was asked of me.
Pros
Health Care, Fun environment, Variety of projects
Cons
Management changes
Quick paced
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  1400 N.W. 12 avenueMarch 10, 2016
This was a very quick paced, production based atmosphere. Difficult to thing outside of just the work rushing in. At times, we had some quiet moments, but for the most part extremely busy.
Pros
Wonderful benefit package
Cons
The work load
Great team and staff to be around
Volunteer assistant coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2016
-early practice
-short hours
-work isn't work when you love what you do
-Staff is more like family
-fun every day
-hardest part of the job is early mornings but days are short
Pros
work in a college
Cons
volunteer
Great workplace with an amazing staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
A regular workday includes myself assuring all staff and personnel begin and end their day with a smile. Making sure all of the building;s needs are met, whether its by working with the Facilities Manager, or the Post Docs, as well as answering a twelve line switchboard
Pros
tons of employee discounts, awesome benefits