University of Miami Employee Reviews

Scientific Research field
Senior Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
The experience that I have gotten working on scientific field at University Of Miami had helped me to be more organized and more responsible on many duties in my professional life
Pros
Professional develop
Cons
Low money compensation
managment on central business change a lot
Senior Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
because they centralize Business office all the specialties are together and we don't have experience in a lot of specialties. they really have to enforce to every body get the experience in the particular pod.or we never get the goals for a collection. no matter how hard you work never see the results.
I am a efficient worker
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Provide great support to patients and my superiors

What I have learned at my past and present job to ensure that; I bring great character that will enhance my interpersonal skills.

To be a Manager it is imperative that he or she conduct effective fundamental skills

I have engaged with very difficult co workers and some that are pleasant

I have not encounter any difficult issues within my 21 years of working in the Healthcare industry; I have learned through my years in order to succeed in life within your personal life or work; it is imperative that you are passionate among others.

I enjoy building a professional relationship with my co workers and with the patients
Professional Environment
Senior Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 6, 2015
Change in administration prompted mass layoffs of 2012. There was a huge morale shift, however, the level of professionalism was very high and prior to downsizing, opportunities for growth were accessible.
Pros
Tuition remission
Cons
Management/culture change
great place to work
Physical Plant Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
the work was demanding and exciting. the expectations were reasonable and the politics were overwhelming. that was the ultimate issue with the job
Pros
great place to advance
Worth working for
Senior Patient Care Associate (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The best experience of a lifetime. Learned a lot while working there. What i learned in the Dermatology clinic could not be traded with anything else in the world. I learned new things as the residents were being taught by the professors whom worked there.
Educational Advancement
Senior Patient Access and Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The University of Miami allows growth and it is a family environment. The establishment create ways for you to further your education and increase ways to advance.
Pros
Education
Cons
Compensation
Convient and productive workplace
Patient Relation Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
A very calm but steady work environment. The skills that were learned were very beneficial and something that could be used later on. The hardest part of the job was not having all the equipment you needed to complete a task. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team that was like extended family.
Pros
early release, great workshops
benefits
Lack of job growth
Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2015
There is a lack of empowerment, and the institution as a whole lacks to be nimble and depicts poor management. There is no motivation to colleagues and/or appreciation for handwork.
Is an excellent work place to be part of.
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
University of Miami (UM) is very well organized and has many good recreational activities and services for the employees. Also has an excellent Health Insurance Plan. The relationship with my coworkers and supervisors has been always extraordinary good, and everybody work with very good spirit and moral to accomplish with the daily job and goals. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is to be involved in different projects that will help to provide advances in this field.

Want to know more about University of Miami?

Ask a question
great professional place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant to Directors (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2015
An excellent place to work with little promotion and not enough pay for the work. Short staffed in most departments. Management needs to appreciate lower staff that make them succeed.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
long hours and low pay
Good place
Student Technology Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 1, 2015
It is a good place to work, management is nice, and the environment is friendly. There are many positives of working here.
Pros
Sometimes there is lunch provided
Cons
Short breaks
Very satisfying and rewarding experience.
Senior Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2015
Great teamwork and co-workers. Very flexible in terms balancing life and work. Very rewarding in helping families. Can become very routine.
Pros
Management is always willing to work with you.
Cons
Very little change of advancement in current position.
Student Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
I loved working for Housing and Residential Life at the University of Miami. It had a great atmosphere and the culture was phenomenal. I typically was located at my cubicle or around campus getting to know students and other student staff. The management was fantastic and was always willing to help me learn or progress in my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new students and people every day. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the heat of south Florida sometimes when moving heavy equipment around the campus.
It's all about the U ...
Technology (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Great place to work, very diverse environment, big organization with lots of opportunity. Extreme exposure in whatever topic of your choosing, you'll be a subject matter expert in no time. State of the art technology deployed most of the time and usually in very large-scale deployments.
Pros
Opportunities, benefits, pay, experience
Cons
Culture needs a little work
Great learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Was given the tools, mentors, and facilities to learn through curriculum, but also through my own self-driven learning.
Current Employment
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work is the assisting patients with their laboratory orders and making sure all orders are within the system, insurance is current and laboratory orders are within the contract laboratories according to the patient's contract summary.

Assisting inter-departments, nurses with questions concerning orders verification of scheduled laboratory appointments within the various clinics on the medical campus.
Pros
Communication with the patients
great working team,some challanges to overcome and learn from
Customer Service -Lead General Medicine (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
My schedule at work is from 9:30am to 6:00pm, I arrive around 9:00am every day get my things together and get ready to start my day by 9:30am. I currently register, schedule and verify patient's insurance for Primary Care here at UM . I have been in this department for almost one year in a half and was already promoted to lead in my department . I really enjoy working with the UM, here I have learned a lot about insurances and registration purposes.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
no breaks
good experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2015
i had a wonderful opportunity of doing my medical assistant internship at a family practice in university of Miami. It was a very good experience were i learned a lot of skills
Stay Away
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 28, 2015
High turnover, lack of internal promotions, poor leadership skills and communication. Managers are very unprofessional and many unethical practices. Lots of University politics, poor pay practices, low morale and no business processes or training in place.
Pros
company match for retirement
Cons
Low pay, Poor leadership and lack of internal promotions to leadership