University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

Highly professional work environment
Faculty – School of Business (Graduate School) (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Highly educated co-workers with high energy and professionalism.
JOB REVIEW
Consultant (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: depending on grants
have always had a passion for neuroscience and the human brain, which represents one of the last uncharted frontiers of human biology. As I pursued my education in neurobiology and chemistry, I also pursued further avenues of study to enhance my understanding, and feed my passion. As a research assistant at the University of Miami, I have had the opportunity to acquire a lot of firsthand knowledge and experience by researching and working directly with tissue samples, and analyzing images of spinal cord injuries.

With nearly a decade of lab experience, I continued to pursue advancement in both my education and career, and began working in the University of Miami's Department of Neurology, performing on-call services for the Brain Endowment Bank. There, I procured and processed brain tissue, conducted research and Neuropathology on the many cases that I encountered, and catalogued and inventoried autopsy and medical information related to the histology, and Neuropathology of the brains I worked with. With over 15 years of experience in the fields of Neuropathology and neuroscience to draw from, I am well-informed, experienced, and up-to-date on the current state of my field of study.
Friendly People
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Great people to work with, everyone smiling and always happy to help assist in any way possible.
Great benefits
Assistant Director of Admission (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 21, 2014
The University of Miami provides a supportive work environment. All divisions are run differently therefore all experiences can be different as an employee.
The work is never show cased but the reward is priceless
Assistant Equipment Manager, UM Football (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: working for the university of miami football team
Cons: long hours, lots of stress
A typical day is in the door by 6am and leaving at 7pm. It consist of dealing with players, coaches and senior administrators. I am constantly putting out fires and making close to impossible request made possible with little or no time given. My product is what America sees on saturdays. I take great care in making sure all my players and coaches have the necessary equipment to preform at their best and have the ability to compete.

I manage a staff of 7 student workers and 2 interns during the course of the days and weeks of a season and an off season.
My review
Staff Development (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great environment
Cons: my office was relocated to a very far location
UM was a great place to work. My typical day consisted of trouble shooting Patient access users questions wether it was a Epic question or a complicated Insurance they never heard of. I loved working without being micro managed, I was allowed the freedom to be creative in my Topic Summaries and Projects I constantly had assigned to me. I also trained and provided access to new employees every other week in a 5 day intense basic training that I with the help of my Manager created and Implemented together, I was also involve as a Super User during the Epic implementation phases.
Reputable university
Associate Director (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 18, 2014
The University of Miami benefits from a strong international brand recognition.
Internship Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Interacted with area experts across the agency
Participated in client consultations
Exceptional internship experience
Productive and enjoyable workplace
HIM Technician - Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami-Dade, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no applicable
I have greatly enjoyed my time working with the University of Miami for the past 20 years, my colleagues here have been unfailingly supportive and professional, and I have learned a great deal about this excelent workplace during my years there. My knowledge and my skills have grown and I am confident that I would not be where I was without having been a part of the team at the University of Miami.
Might try FSU
Classroom Support Tech (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: you get a deducted membership rate to the gym and games
Cons: no free parking (almost required to fork up $200 for a parking pass)
I had a strange experience and to be truthful my management was shaky and it was hard moving forward with daily problems. I had changed departments and i have to say its a world of difference. Considering that I'm an alumni of the University, you would think they might have an integration program for a regular working position. Sadly they only have temp and casual worker positions that you can utilize to possibly gain a position.
Micro Management in the Facilities
Facilities worker (Current Employee), Coral gablesDecember 31, 2013
Pros: nice campus
Cons: health care, retirement, "free schooling", dealing with too many managers/supervisors.
Too many facilities managers in one place. Room for advancement, well if you basically do nothing than your the right person. No motivation toward employees. If your on call, you'll probably get called for nonsense. Work environment is on edge.
Productive Workplace
Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 28, 2013
Great job, fantastic coworkers and management. Learned about customer service, time management
Small office but great conversations in dispatch.
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch, discounts
I had fun while working in the land of the U. It was fun working there.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLDecember 3, 2013
The faculty and staff are helpful and sincere in their belief to help students succeed in their research.
Steer clear
Staff (Former Employee), Coral GablesNovember 24, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus.
Cons: make promises they don't keep
The School of Nursing is completely dysfunctional. Passive aggressive, nepotistic, and full of cronyism.
Knowledgeable
Radiology Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami,FlNovember 20, 2013
I have been employed with the University of Miami since 2006. I have gained most of my healthcare knowledge working with the University. I have learned that management is a very detailed and dedicated career. It requires extensive knowledge in both employee relations as well as office operations.
Nice place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2013
Answer high volumes of calls and detemriming the right department to transfer the caller. worked under stress but still was able to enjoy my work day
Fun place to work
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free tuition, healthcare benefits, environment.
I was responsible for the sales and contracts of the Convention Center. Dealing with clients in booking their event space, coordinating Audio Visual equipment, floor plans, event logistics, accounts payable and receivables.
Learned to be more career minded, sales skills and grow within the event industry.
Managed a group of 5-10 wonderful staff members, at a 38000 sq. ft. conference center with a $850,000.00 budget in room rental along.
The hardest part was going to school and working at the same time due to the event schedules.
The most enjoyable time is at the end of the event for the client to say THANK YOU, job well done.
Innovative
Research Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 5, 2013
develop, design and execute study protocols. Assist with Treg expansions. Operate and maintain Flow Cytometer, and QPCR.
Fun and rewarding place to start your career!
Staff Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, pto, holiday celebrations, special events, etc.
It was a very busy and productive work place, which I loved. The management was wonderful. I miss working here so much! We were like on big happy family. I worked there for a little over two years, but sometimes life happens and things don't go your way. I have learned to not sweat the small things and look at the bigger picture. I could have been in a great place with UM, but I was young and not as mature as I am today. I send my love!

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos