University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

good benefit package
Administrative Assistant / Faculty Senate Office (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: education assistance
encouraged to continue learning
Professors always willing to help
Clinical Research Social Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: long hours
Clinical Research dealing with new medications that are on Phase 1 to prevent transmission of HIV to neonatal. Team approach for families and children. Love working with the families. The most enjoyable part was getting negative results for the children.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2013
Data entry for the Epidemiology Department, for their studies. Maintained there records department for all the studies that were completed.
Productive and easy going work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 23, 2013
I loved working with the patients... very worthwhile. I enjoyed coming to work everyday... interaction with both patient and staff was great! I would definitely recommend working for the university of Miami.
Wonderful place to work at, with many learning opportunities.
Photographer/ Market Researcher (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 10, 2013
The University of Miami was a great working opportunity for me. There was not a day that didn’t go by that I did not learn something new. Wonderful working environment.
Great Job
Sr. Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2013
Learned a lot, great doctors, nice co-workers, nice place, was able to adapt to the different hats that i had to wear..
The University of Miami was a good place to work and learn.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: my boss lee kaplan, the people i met, working with the professional athletes and teams
Cons: the healthcare plan
My typical day began at 7:30am and went until 6-7pm. Very busy office. I enjoyed it more than I can say.
Flexible
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2013
I was a student researcher for one of my professors and the hours were so flexible! I could work whenever I had time in my busy school schedule.
Student job
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 13, 2013
Learned a lot as Help desk admin. Great work environment. Staff and users very friendly
Difficult place to advance even if you have degrees
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 12, 2013
Very difficult to advance within the university. Ive been here 5 years and am finding it difficult to advance my career despite the fact that I have excellent annual reviews and an advanced degree.
University of Miami is a nice place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 29, 2013
The hardest part of my day consist of working side by side with physician. We are to make appointments for patients and also follow up appointments. We are also in charge of answering the phone while registering patients who are coming in for their appointments. My coworkers are friendly and are always available if help is needed.
Really hard on support staff
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 27, 2013
Pros: travel, benefits, access to athletic events
Cons: extremely demanding work conditions for minimal pay
Did not have a good experience in this athletic department, was asked to do more than was reasonably expected. Work balance was not reasonable, did not enjoy experience as an employee here.
Fun place to work in
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 16, 2013
It wouldn't let me click 5 stars for some reason but that's what I would give it.
productve,educating environment
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2013
Pros: its feels like home
Cons: everything is fine
i over love my work place the people, dr etc this is a great place to work if you are looking for a job
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 1, 2013
Pros: advancement.
for accounts with over $3,000.00 in balance. Responsible for the collection of data for the Medicare Cost Report.
busy but yet positive enviornment
Administrative Assistant/Pre-Admissions (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 30, 2013
I learned all there was to know about medical proceedures. one of the best jobs
Great company overall
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2013
I worked at the university hoping to finish my degree, but I was so busy all the time, I never had time to make the classes. Nonetheless, they were a great company to work for.
Surgery scheduler
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 17, 2013
My favorite Job ever working for the department of surgery.... loved the people, the doctors, and the job my only regret was moving away and not being able to take the job with me...
top institution for health as well as medical training
Patient Clinical Associate/call center (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2013
Pros: offers free tuition and health care
Cons: commute
UM is a fine institution, with an excellent reputation for being a top notch hospital and school,
Productive, excellent work ethics and diversity of culture
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLApril 3, 2013
Every day is a new lesson. Opportunities to get involved as a student in campus activities and involvement. Great co-workers and supervisors. Continuous learning experience from all aspects and field such as project management, legal management, architectural and planning

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos