University of Miami

University of Miami Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment but very small salary
PAYMENT POSTER/PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: low salaries
The University of Miami is an excellent place to work. It embraces cultural diversity and is very community orientated. My fellow coworkers take pride in their work and understands how their responsibilities fit into the goals of the University and are willing to put in extra effort to help the University succeed. The top management supports diversity and promotes cultural activities throughout the year. The University has an excellent benefit package and offers tuition assistance for children of employees.

However, growth upward is very slow. Although I am satisfied with the working conditions, the chance of a promotion or any upward growth in the Unit is slow, if not non-existent. Many of my coworkers left because the rate of inflation has grown more than our salaries, so we have no choice but to look elsewhere for opportunities where growth is possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the calm and peace of mind working with my fellow workers and the hardest part is the fact that our salary will not increase to catch up with inflation.
Study abroad
Student (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2014
This was a fantastic opportunity to learn about the music industry in the USA and I got to travel to many states!
Productive, extremely busy. Time passes quickly.
Manager, Field Human Resources (Shares Services) (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: helping others.
Cons: distant between clients.
I start my day answering emails and voicemails. I review my calendar for the day and week. Depending on the urgency of the emails and voicemails, I determine if I need to reschedule any appointments. Sixty per cent of my calendar has standing appointments. I prepare for meetings with Vice Chair Administrators and employees. I meet with employees daily and VCAs bi-weekly.
The hardest part of my job is meeting with offsite employees. Due to the distant and my availability, rescheduling is not always possible in the same week. In my role the leadership styles are primarily as Consultant and Counselor.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training. In the current HR Shared-service model, I do not get the opportunity to train or facilitate meetings as much as I would like.
Good Benefits, Great co-workers, absent leadereship
Developmental Therapist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, gym, college environment is enthusiastic
Cons: management in department can be difficult to reach and receive guidance
Excellent institution overall, positive and negative experiences range within the departments and sources of funding which come from outside the university
Productive & Educational
Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Production & Educational
Co-Workers & Managment Extremely Reliable
Hardest part is probably - during (computer down-time); unable to function - leading to reverting to any/all means to submit-perform ALL jobs in a timely Satisfactory - Adequate - Professional manner
very nice
Lab tech (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 14, 2014
i loved my time at UM. Very nice university with a great and knowledgeable staff of scientist.
Excellant employer to work for, the benefits are exceptional!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: your entire family has an opportunity to attend um
Fast paced but great environment to work in. Always room to
excel in which ever field you chose. Co-workers were friendly.
I can't remember my job being hard. Quotas were set but easily
manage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Employee
benefits.
Learned alot in the years I was at U.M
Collections supervisor/Insurance compliance (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2014
I was able to move up at UM and enjoyed my work.
Many task to do on a daily basis.
Managers were willing to give me advancement opportunities. Enjoyed working with my staff and meeting up with insurance representatives.
Very busy workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: not having the same taks to complete daily. it was a large array of various tasks daily
Cons: no benefits
Every day brought new challenges. Working on many different things and going to different offices within the university was fun and exciting.
A fun place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 12, 2014
Nice campus to study
Great environment to do research!
Good for graduate research work.
fun -
Miami, Florida (Part-time-Temporary) (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: interesting -
Cons: nothing
reconciliation of payments made by A Express

quotes
spreadsheet to update
office and coffee supplies
very hands on
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 2, 2014
At the Health Rights Clinic you are given a great deal of latitude. The advising attorneys treat you professionally and expect out to be responsible advocates. This was the best experience I could have asked for especially after 1L year, you learn show to be an attorney.
Highly professional work environment
Faculty – School of Business (Graduate School) (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Highly educated co-workers with high energy and professionalism.
JOB REVIEW
Consultant (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: depending on grants
have always had a passion for neuroscience and the human brain, which represents one of the last uncharted frontiers of human biology. As I pursued my education in neurobiology and chemistry, I also pursued further avenues of study to enhance my understanding, and feed my passion. As a research assistant at the University of Miami, I have had the opportunity to acquire a lot of firsthand knowledge and experience by researching and working directly with tissue samples, and analyzing images of spinal cord injuries.

With nearly a decade of lab experience, I continued to pursue advancement in both my education and career, and began working in the University of Miami's Department of Neurology, performing on-call services for the Brain Endowment Bank. There, I procured and processed brain tissue, conducted research and Neuropathology on the many cases that I encountered, and catalogued and inventoried autopsy and medical information related to the histology, and Neuropathology of the brains I worked with. With over 15 years of experience in the fields of Neuropathology and neuroscience to draw from, I am well-informed, experienced, and up-to-date on the current state of my field of study.
Friendly People
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Great people to work with, everyone smiling and always happy to help assist in any way possible.
Great benefits
Assistant Director of Admission (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 21, 2014
The University of Miami provides a supportive work environment. All divisions are run differently therefore all experiences can be different as an employee.
The work is never show cased but the reward is priceless
Assistant Equipment Manager, UM Football (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: working for the university of miami football team
Cons: long hours, lots of stress
A typical day is in the door by 6am and leaving at 7pm. It consist of dealing with players, coaches and senior administrators. I am constantly putting out fires and making close to impossible request made possible with little or no time given. My product is what America sees on saturdays. I take great care in making sure all my players and coaches have the necessary equipment to preform at their best and have the ability to compete.

I manage a staff of 7 student workers and 2 interns during the course of the days and weeks of a season and an off season.
My review
Staff Development (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great environment
Cons: my office was relocated to a very far location
UM was a great place to work. My typical day consisted of trouble shooting Patient access users questions wether it was a Epic question or a complicated Insurance they never heard of. I loved working without being micro managed, I was allowed the freedom to be creative in my Topic Summaries and Projects I constantly had assigned to me. I also trained and provided access to new employees every other week in a 5 day intense basic training that I with the help of my Manager created and Implemented together, I was also involve as a Super User during the Epic implementation phases.
Reputable university
Associate Director (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 18, 2014
The University of Miami benefits from a strong international brand recognition.
Internship Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Interacted with area experts across the agency
Participated in client consultations
Exceptional internship experience

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Salaries