University of Miami Employee Reviews

Great opportunities to learn and grow
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2016
I love working for the University. I work in a team setting and all of my co-workers have become family. Everyone goes above and beyond to help the other. The hardest part is work/life balance. I work many early mornings, evenings and weekends in the marketing and events department.
Great employer, and a fun place to work.
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  coral Gables ,FLNovember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part to the job is the various employees you meet and the opportunity you have to help them solve their employment related issues. The hardest part of the position was to make tough decisions that may not always positively impact the employee's employment outcome.
Its a fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2016
Its a great place to work but it didn't fit my personality you learn a lot so if you decide to leave you will have the experience and you meet people from all over the country
Pros
Your taught a lot
Cons
You can advance in 12 months
Great way to get a college experience
Directors/Associate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 31, 2016
assisting two Directors, and one Assistant Director. Greeting incoming Students and Parents to the University, answering phones, inputting data for registration, and any Alternative Spring Break Programs. Other duties as assigned by management.
Hopefully UM has improved its culture and work environment
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 28, 2016
Unfortunately, management led through fear and intimidation. There was a "cover your back" mentality and lack of teamwork. Managers (at every level) seemed fearful and actively sabotaged each other at every turn. There was also a sad habit to make the SVP of HR the scapegoat or "bad guy" for every tough decision. There was a lack of courage and innovation at every level of the organization. It was a very toxic place to work
HR and directors are discrimative
Physician Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2016
If you want a good job that appreciate you, steer clear from the University of Miami, unfair, bias, rude supervisors. They have no moral nor integrity.
Fun Workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2016
Learned great customer service.
Worked 9-5
Had one other co-worker extremely nice
The daily labor was the toughest part.
Waking up everyday knowing you are working for yourself.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2016
Loved my time at UM. Learned a lot about working with high paced Neurosurgeons.
I loved helping patients and getting them ready for their surgeries.
Productive and amicable atmosphere with friendly campus culture
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2016
So far, this has been the best experience I have had and definitely the most rewarding, However, I'm not only ready to tackle my next challenge in the work force, but to also move forward in my life.
Great place to work in, salaries on the lower side but good benefits
Post-doctoral associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2016
It is a great place to work in, although departments are very different. not very fast paced. Great benefits and good work/life balance.
Surprising for Florida's top University
Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 14, 2016
I love the University of Miami. The campus is beautiful, the students are polite and intelligent, and of course the campus events and sports are amazing. However, the teaching environment for any nontenure or nonresearch faculty is boardline hostile. Last year, nontenure faculty requested a long overdue cost of living raise, and the dean's response was: if the nontenure faculty dislikes the salary structure, then why have so many of them remained for over ten years? It is extremely extremely difficult to teach at a university where you comment to the students is seen as a sign of weakness, not a virtue. However, if you have a deep commitment to education but no need for a competitive salary (if your spouse is the bread winner, for example, or you are semi-retired), then the actual teaching at UM is second to none. It has rightfully earned the title of Florida's most prestigious university. Unfortunately, this was earned on the backs of underpaid nontenure faculty and staff.
Pros
flexible scheduling, time off, access to research tools, complimentary sports tickets
Cons
salary, lack of opportunity for career growth, ineffective supervisors
Productive and enjoyable work place
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 13, 2016
Working for the marketing department within University of Miami Athletics was a great internship for me to do, and if I could go back in time I would do it all over again. When I first got to the University of Miami I wanted to be a sports broadcaster and I honestly still wouldn’t mind doing it, but this internship for marketing opened my eyes to a whole new field of work. I’ve learned so many things while working with my supervisors and other interns as well as working with other departments with athletics.
Marina Assistance / Cahiers
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Had to have a great customer services to greet and assisted customers.

Making sure all there information was up to date, data entry on Abacus and RDP programs.

Every month had to make sure all information was update. Adjusted credit card payments on a monthly basis.

Every Summer had to update all customers files, regarding there properties and safety issues. Bookkeeping, filing and updating hurricane preparations.

Assisted in docking vessels.
Pros
Met a lot of famous people
Cons
Had to learn to deal with the stress.
Reimbursement Variance Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
University of Miami is great place to work, the management and the staff is very friendly. This company we get tuition remission to be able to get your Bachelor's Degree.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Short break
echocardiography
Echocardiographer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
University of Miami is a great place to work because all employees are well trained and have the experience to deliver great patient care
Fun, fast paced workplace
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33136September 8, 2016
• Answered phones for the entire department
• Entered work orders into a program
• Assigned work orders & trouble tickets to techs
• Take the attendance board each morning and email it out to the department
Great benefits
Senior Benefits Analyst (Retirement) (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoy working for the University of Miami. It is a place where learning transcends the classroom. The experience has been priceless. I've become a better Accountant/Analyst since I've been there.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Always ready to help patients and/or fellow co-workers. I've learned how to work under difficult situations. Co-workers have become family.
Pros
great team work
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Interesting and dynamic place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
UM is a very diverse and interesting work environment. There are a lot of opportunities and coworkers are really friendly. In particular, the College of Engineering is a great place to learn
Underpaid and too many demands
Director (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 9, 2016
The University systematically underpays its employees. They charge more than 550.00 per year just to park your car on campus and that does not guarantee a spot. They expect everyone to be on call 24 hours a day. Their yearly raises do not even keep up with the amount they charge for parking.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
low pay, restrictions on benefits charge for parking outrageous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval