University of Miami Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding place to start your career!
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2013
It was a very busy and productive work place, which I loved. The management was wonderful. I miss working here so much! We were like on big happy family. I worked there for a little over two years, but sometimes life happens and things don't go your way. I have learned to not sweat the small things and look at the bigger picture. I could have been in a great place with UM, but I was young and not as mature as I am today. I send my love!
Pros
great benefits, pto, holiday celebrations, special events, etc.
Great Atmosphera
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2016
It is a very pleasant place to work for. The University has a good communications labs which provide a platform for the students.
Convient and productive workplace
Patient Relation Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
A very calm but steady work environment. The skills that were learned were very beneficial and something that could be used later on. The hardest part of the job was not having all the equipment you needed to complete a task. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team that was like extended family.
Pros
early release, great workshops
benefits
Great Support
Adjunct Lecturer, English for Law (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2015
The atmosphere at the LLI is excellent and very supportive. the faculty and students are great to work with. I have gotten more than I have received.
Pros
Adm. support
Cons
parking
Productive place to work
Ophthalmic Clinical Asst Visual Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 30, 2015
Great starter position with room for advancement with the right work ethic.Positions are varied and the hours are plentiful.
Educational Advancement
Senior Patient Access and Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
The University of Miami allows growth and it is a family environment. The establishment create ways for you to further your education and increase ways to advance.
Pros
Education
Cons
Compensation
University of Miami has a professional environment , and the care is centered in patients.
Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2015
My experiences at the University of Miami was really helpfull for me to insert in the Health Care of the United States. I consider that the majority of the personal that care for the patients and their families are really competent and they have the high level of preparedness.
Very productive and growing environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
On an average day, we very busy because I work for the Chair's Office (Dept. of Public Health Sciences). We collaborate with other departments and Organizations outside of UM to develop the School of Public Health.

The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands of the Chair in order for operations to run smoothly. Most assignments are based upon a timeline and our Chair play different roles in different department; however, we are responsible for all the tasks/assignments.

The most enjoyable part is the many different experience and growth and development that I gain as an employee.
productive fun department
Senior Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 18, 2015
I loved working at the university and I was also allowed to continue my education. I also liked the convience of having the shuttle buses and food court.
Pros
continued education for free
Cons
short breaks
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 25, 2015
Leaving for opportunities of advancement. Great people and opportunities here. Coworkers care about one another. Management is inept!!! and HR are the police with no code of civility!
Scientific Research field
Senior Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2015
The experience that I have gotten working on scientific field at University Of Miami had helped me to be more organized and more responsible on many duties in my professional life
Pros
Professional develop
Cons
Low money compensation
Guarding the student dorms all night long.
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 21, 2014
A typical night at work included staying awake and checking in dorm-residents and guests. We assisted in case of emergencies and contacted emergency personnel when required. I learned that night jobs aren't for me and students try to sneak in a lot of contraband when they think no one is paying attention. The hardest part of the job was staying awake when it hit around 4 am because my shift ended at 7 am. My co-workers were supportive at night but weren't very interested in anyone otherwise. Management was always available and helpful when you needed it and we're always a call away. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of the shifts and the potential of earning $800 a week.
fun palce to work
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2015
fun and exciting place to work. The children and staff are very loving to be around. Love going to work and helping these lovely children with success.
Busy
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2015
Everyday is a busy day in this facility. Its a fast paced multitasking place and there is always room to move up with the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good Benefits, Great co-workers, absent leadereship
Developmental Therapist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 4, 2014
Excellent institution overall, positive and negative experiences range within the departments and sources of funding which come from outside the university
Pros
benefits, gym, college environment is enthusiastic
Cons
management in department can be difficult to reach and receive guidance
UM Research
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work. Anyone with a medical/clinical background interested in research should start here. I think it is the only academic institution in Miami with a research infrastructure
I am a efficient worker
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Provide great support to patients and my superiors

What I have learned at my past and present job to ensure that; I bring great character that will enhance my interpersonal skills.

To be a Manager it is imperative that he or she conduct effective fundamental skills

I have engaged with very difficult co workers and some that are pleasant

I have not encounter any difficult issues within my 21 years of working in the Healthcare industry; I have learned through my years in order to succeed in life within your personal life or work; it is imperative that you are passionate among others.

I enjoy building a professional relationship with my co workers and with the patients
always fun to be there not that exited afer a while
Medical Biller and Collector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
i was not very happy to work a the environment they provided and the hourly rate was not doing it for me therefore i moved on
Knowledgeable
Radiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami,FlNovember 20, 2013
I have been employed with the University of Miami since 2006. I have gained most of my healthcare knowledge working with the University. I have learned that management is a very detailed and dedicated career. It requires extensive knowledge in both employee relations as well as office operations.
Productive and Fun place to work the people here are great
Senior Surgery Scheduler And Back-Up Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 18, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people. The management and co-workers are what make this place a great place to be.
Pros
benefits are unbelievable
Cons
short staffed