University of Miami

University of Miami Employer Reviews

My current employer can be a nice place to work.
Miami, FL Senior Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: after reaching certain amount of years as an employee, you or your kids get to go to school for free.
Cons: no room to advance.
My current job is a place that I enjoy working at because all my co-workers are respectful to each other and also look out for each other. The rules and regulations are well set out to all employees which makes it really comfortable to perform our daily duties. My number one issue with my current Employer is the fact that, there isn't a chance for career advancement, promotion nor to excel. It feels like you are stuck in one place. Besides that, I think my current employer can be a nice place to work.
Mostly a productive day.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2013
No room for advancement, since everyone knows everyone is it only based on connections and who you know.
to follow
Energt Mgt (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Verify conditions and facilities status for all night shift activities. Evaluate and advise current status and determine possible outcomes. Direct shop activities to minimize impact to operations. The hardest part of this position is trying to be I two places at once.
The challenges are the most rewarding part of my current job.
financing education
Account Advisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: helped kids achieve their dream of an education at the university of miami
Cons: non
I loved my job because I got to meet so many different people from all over the world.
Fast paced enviornment
Sr. Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Multiple phone calls, scheduling, organize meetings for Professor of Surgey / Director of Surgical Residency Program.

Schedule surgeries, organize tranfers of patients from outside facilities to receive medical care/treatment. Handle daily activities on calendar. Prepare on-call schedule.

Enjoy working with my co-workers (team players).

The hardest part of my job is not being able to fulfill patient requests, example, not being able to accommodate specific surgical dates.

My most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have exhausted all resources available for patients to receive the best care.
Helping build up humanity's sum total knowledge of medicine.
Lab Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2013
Start of day: Maintain cell cultures. Shadow boss as he goes through daily routine. Learn various things about bosses work. Lunch. Help boss and his colleagues with any work the need.

Learned how to quickly adapt to new and unfamiliar
Volunteer
Volunteer at Diabetes Research Institute (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2013
I had the opportunity to work in one of the leading diabetes research facilities. My responsibilities included but were not limited to assisting in cord blood removal prior to selective differentiation as well as data entry.
Productive workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2013
On a typical day at work I would answer phones, register patient information in the medical database, and assist patients.
Very rewarding
Chief Administrative Officer (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 19, 2013
I worked as a volunteer providing medical relief to earthquake victims, which was one of the most rewarding experience I have done in my entire life.
A comfortable setting for college tutoring
Tutor and Note-Taker (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: on campus location
I worked in the academic resource center in University of Miami campus from Fall 2010 to Spring 2011. I tutored almost all classes that I was qualified to perform tutoring. (mainly business classes including accounting, economic, computer science or math classes at various levels). I also provided Mandarin tutoring. Besides, at the same department, I also participated in a volunteer job where I scanned notes for disabled students for managerial accounting classes each week during Spring 2011.
Great place!
Associate Director (Former Employee), coral gables, flAugust 14, 2013
Pros: helping others, benefits
Cons: compensation
Helping people better themselves was the best part of my job! Loved helping others.
good benefit package
Administrative Assistant / Faculty Senate Office (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: education assistance
encouraged to continue learning
Professors always willing to help
Clinical Research Social Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: long hours
Clinical Research dealing with new medications that are on Phase 1 to prevent transmission of HIV to neonatal. Team approach for families and children. Love working with the families. The most enjoyable part was getting negative results for the children.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2013
Data entry for the Epidemiology Department, for their studies. Maintained there records department for all the studies that were completed.
Productive and easy going work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 23, 2013
I loved working with the patients... very worthwhile. I enjoyed coming to work everyday... interaction with both patient and staff was great! I would definitely recommend working for the university of Miami.
Wonderful place to work at, with many learning opportunities.
Photographer/ Market Researcher (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 10, 2013
The University of Miami was a great working opportunity for me. There was not a day that didn’t go by that I did not learn something new. Wonderful working environment.
Great Job
Sr. Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2013
Learned a lot, great doctors, nice co-workers, nice place, was able to adapt to the different hats that i had to wear..
The University of Miami was a good place to work and learn.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: my boss lee kaplan, the people i met, working with the professional athletes and teams
Cons: the healthcare plan
My typical day began at 7:30am and went until 6-7pm. Very busy office. I enjoyed it more than I can say.
Flexible
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2013
I was a student researcher for one of my professors and the hours were so flexible! I could work whenever I had time in my busy school schedule.
Student job
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 13, 2013
Learned a lot as Help desk admin. Great work environment. Staff and users very friendly

About University of Miami

The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams – Read more

University of Miami Photos