University of Michigan Health System Employee Reviews

Employees not treated well
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I worked within the UofM for 17 yrs. Made a comment out of frustration about a doctor that would not communicate with me to be able to do my job and help patients and I was fired!! Sad that Housekeeping has a Union and Support staff to doctors do not!! I had NO ONE to fight for me. Nothing I said mattered. A doctor and their EGO will always win and you are just screwed. SAD!!
Cons
No support system for employees
Overworked and underpaid
Patient Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Working here is pretty much the same as anywhere else right now. Pretty much no raises. Increases are given to everyone regardless if you do a good job or not. Benefits are pretty great
Manpower Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2017
“I started a typical day learning something different with each new request. This has made me a team player at all the task I have had. In my previous employment as a Medical Assistant, I got along well with the everyone and went out of my way to help both patients and co-workers."
Pros
Laughing together
Cons
Clicks and grumpy folks
Very active and evolving community
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 24, 2017
The workplace environment is very friendly and plenty of room for advancement. Its a real pleasure to meet all different kind of people from different walks of life.
A diverse environment
Environmental Services Temp (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 23, 2017
I was hired as a temp with possibility of becoming permanent for my career. I cleaned and disinfected hospital room (patient discharges)
The people makes the job
Human Resource Manager - Support Services (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 23, 2017
The people you will work with will make you a better professional, what ever your discipline. If you thrive in a high responsibility, high accountability very intelligent environment you will love being at the U
Everyday learning
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 18, 2017
They put you in a very extensive training before start the job. And the team work with was very friendly. The only reason I had to leave that I moved to Arizona. always can find overtime and very flexible switching shifts.
Pros
Team work very understandable Management
Fun depending on job
Animal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Great benefits, good pay ... can be difficult at times . It was alright . I really have nothing more
To say about it . Management is horrible . A few cool conworkers . Work is hard . Other than that enjoy .
It's a living
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Too many changes have incurred since the system applied for Magnet Status. Not necessarily for the better. The culture has fostered a false sense of ego for some employees and definately for the patients. Good management let go in favor of a higher degree with a heartbeat. The new name change is ominous and suspicious regarding the system administration's motives.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management style need only apply
Great
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 21, 2016
Great Benefits. Parking was tricky. It is a great place to work if you are looking for meaningful employment. It is also good to work with people who love what they do.
Difficult and stress
Respiratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 15, 2016
Teaching hospital. Faced paced, stressful and unforgiving. Good opportunity for medical professionals but not a place to work unless you are trying to dedicate your life to that field.
Cons
Parking is difficult and expensive
Welcoming and clean environment where you can get help from mostly anywhere in hospital
Manpower Temporary (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 14, 2016
Parking is terrible especially now that it's getting cold you either have to buy a parking pass once a month or catch shutter,trutfully if we park far enough from the work place should be free of just deducted from check
Pros
Clean atmosphere
Cons
Parking
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 10, 2016
I enjoy working at U of M hospital. My typical day includes working with patients on the phone and
collecting outside records. I also do prior authorizations
for insurance. I work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking
fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 28, 2016
Great hours working for this company. Coworkers was fun and awesome to be around. All the staff members were great with making you feel comfortable. Everyday I looked forward into working.
Good Place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 14, 2016
advancement and educational opportunities are great. great people to work with.
Diversity is celebrated at UMHS and the culture here is inclusive of all.
Great Company to work for with outstanding benefits
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 8, 2016
Enjoyed going to work in a great environment everyday. I learn a lot about the medical field working there these last past years. The most enjoyable part was just having no problem with my team i worked with we looked out for eachother.
Cons
very busy environment
a great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 1, 2016
A great place to work with healthy work/life balance. A place that offers an opportunity for growth and advancement. Very diverse atmosphere. Great benefits.
Prestige Learning Development
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 25, 2016
Working for The University of Michigan Canton Center was amongst many intelligent Doctors who seen a scope of patients from all over Michigan and states near by. These patients trusted and relied on The University of Michigan Canton Center because as a team we take on excessive severe patients with excellent care, knowledge and results. I had the honor to learn many different symptoms uncommon to regular Doctor Offices.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 10, 2016
Good place to work. As with all companies, there is always constant re-organization. The current culture is not favorable for women.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
IT department re-org favors males
Great benefits and great team atmosphere
Acute Care Team. Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 1, 2016
Management allows in depth training of therapists, who are service based which allows for a large knowledge base throughout the hospital. Staff is eager to learn and educate.
Pros
Benefits, schedule
Cons
Office space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Michigan Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3