University of Michigan Health System

University of Michigan Health System Employer Reviews

Great Health System and Amazing Work Experience
Management Engineer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Though I only worked at UMHS for 18 months, the experience was fantastic and the people I worked with were some of the brightest, most dedicated I have ever worked with in my entire career.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, management
Cons: short breaks, very busy
The nursing culture at UMHS is unparalleled in my experience. There are resources available to nurses that allow more bedside care and superior communication with the interdisciplinary members of a patient's care team. Managament was very hands on and even took shifts on the floor so it really felt like they understood what a typical RN day was like.
I really enjoy working here.
Inpatient Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 6, 2015
The hardest part of the job is traveling from Toledo, Ohio to Ann Arbor, Michigan daily.
Environment of the Institution
Activation Support (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, benefits, facilities
Cons: parking is the only downfall
University of Michigan's Health Care System is by far one of the most efficiently run i've had the pleasure to be a part of. You gain a true sense of teamwork amongst staff. Everyone for the most part is polite & enjoy their experiences working their.
Lab Work
Pulmonary Lab Technician (Current Employee), Ann Arbor MINovember 25, 2014
I work in the lab now for years.
There is no real GROWTH unless you know the right people.

Managers... They are here until they retire.
Great Research Hospital
Student Researcher (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 18, 2014
Very famous and excellent research hospital. I'm a student researcher working in a lab that focuses on boimedical engineering in relation to Orthopedic Surgery
A great place to work
Trainer (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2014
I have worked for UMHS my whole adult working life. It is a great place to be with great people and even better benefits.
good place to work, too much drama, great patient and doctors
Medical Assistant Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work and wonderful coworkes
Cons: mangement
Busy clinic with about 60-100 patients a day. the staff is great and easy to work with. for the most part the commuation is good with all the staff. Hardest part is that you get atteched to the patients and their familys and it's hard to watch them get wrost with thier cancer.The patients are also the best part of the day, to see thier smile each and every time they come in. Even when the feel sick they always have a smile on thier face and love seeing the MA's.
MSW Intern
Master's of Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 18, 2014
• Completed rotation between Pediatric Liver Transplant Clinic and Pediatric Multi-specialty Clinics.
• Conducted psychosocial assessments within clinics.
• Facilitated communication between patient, families, and multidisciplinary teams.
• Developed and maintained accurate case records of each patient interaction.
• Maintained accurate documentation of patient goals, objectives, and interventions provided.
• Assisted patients and families with navigation of hospital system and addressing insurance concerns.
• Assisted patients and families with navigation of hospital system and insurance concerns.
Great People & Great Environment
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER FOR DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 14, 2014
World class management and wonderful environment. Not very fast-paced and perfect for a family-oriented individual.
University of Michigan Health System
Business Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers and was involved in multiple aspects of the project
Cons: temporary employement
I enjoyed working here, had great co-workers, and learned a lot. I was brought on the team to help with our internship program and Super User program. I interviewed, on-boarded, off-boarded, and observed over 200 students this past summer. In order to accomplish the large number of students I had to work closely with our Human Resource representative. The hardest part of the job was to make sure all the units that were going to start using the new applications had coverage. Student scheduling was a major issue at times but was dealt with accordingly to ensure we had adequate coverage on the unit. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and being able to take part in both sides of the program. I was able to play a role in the HR department and recruit, interact and help the students, and plan the activation process with my team.
Beware!!!!!
medical provider (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 7, 2014
Poor management, high staff turn over, unable to get time off for family events, patient safety did not come first, managers allow dangerous practice turning a blind eye or covering up patient injury or death. Hospital is really run by nurse managers, doctors are either to busy or just powerless to effect change. Benefits are good but the culture is terrible, Back biting and back stabbing is not only the norm but is encouraged.... very sad.
Proffesional, employee friendly
PLANNER (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: ability to be exposed to all areas of developement, construction and clinical procedures.
Cons: limited room for growth.
A good atmosphere to grow and learn, start your career and end your career. A supportive environment of various levels of professionals.
MiChart Project Support Intern (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 3, 2014
I learned a lot at UMHS. Everyone that I worked with here was wonderful. I learned a lot about what it takes to make a healthcare organization successful by seeing the Michigan Difference first hand.
while at the University of Michigan, steps to go above and beyond what takes to prepare me as a good technologist, were taken every day
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 27, 2014
The time spent in the Nuclear Medicine department was always based on education as well as providing the best care possible for the patients. The staff made sure that my time in each department was used wisely and to the fullest, to ensure that I received a great education.
Educational
MiChart Summer Intern (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MichiganJuly 24, 2014
As a temporary summer intern at the University of Michigan Hospital System, I provided "at the elbow" support during their "go live" for Epic's electronic medical records system. I walked around the CICU making sure physicians and nurses understood and felt comfortable with the system. I worked with a team of three other tech supporters. Together we solved tech problems on the fly and ensured the University of Michigan staff felt confident using the new system.
Challenging but rewarding nursing position
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and co-workers
Cons: short/non-existent brakes, high stress
Fast paced care with acutely ill patients. Collaborative care with an emphasis on effective communication. Stressful position requiring a lot of multitasking, but rewarding when a patient recovered and was able to be discharged. Very inviting and friendly work environment, excellent management.
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 30, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: short lunch
I check in patients with a smile and positive attitude, verify and update patient information; prepare and send out new patient packets, scan, fax, and file as needed. I cover Check Out desk when needed, which includes processing patient co-payments at the conclusion of their appointment; and schedule return and new appointments.
UMHS
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 25, 2014
Exceed patient satisfaction, involve patients and families, informative, high quality healthcare
Productive and enjoyable work setting
Payment Posting (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: healthcare and benefits for temperary workers
I've learned many new job tasks and taken on a lot of new duties through out the day. After learning how to use the new MiChart system that was installed recently through out the University of Michigan I was able to use those skills to do many more jobs and help my other work associates with new jobs and tasks. I genuinely enjoy the freedom and autonomy within the workplace.

1 2 3