University of Michigan Health System

University of Michigan Health System Employee Reviews

Excellent coworkers!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2015
The people I work with are great. A helping hand is always a call away. Excellent learning opportunities. Great benefits.
Wonderful place to work
MiChart ATE Intern(At-The-Elbow) (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 15, 2015
I loved the company culture and the atmosphere while I was working there. People were always smiling and friendly. Management was a bit unorganized and communication was sometimes the issue, but if you work well with those, it won't be too much of a problem.
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 11, 2015
pleasurable place to work lots of growth and experience. Nice atmosphere, good employees and benefits, good managerial personnel.
Interesting place and fun place to watch the young medical students
Administrative Assistant - Department of Pathology (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 5, 2015
Pros: Learning new things
Cons: Parking
My typical day at work involves providing superb patient care and administrative support in a very busy department. The faculty enjoy what they are doing and are very friendly to work with. The hardest part of my job, with only one coworker, is getting all of our daily tasks accomplished but we prefer to do it ourselves. Most of all, I enjoy learning new things.
Great administration and work environment at NCRC
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 30, 2015
Pros: Great working environment. Great people. Great mission.
Cons: Will eventually need less staff as the site becomes fully activated.
The mission and the commitment are strong! And the commitment of the Facilities Administration employees is strong. The leadership is very inspirational and supportive. They work hard to secure the funding and the talent that makes that facility a desirable destination for researchers and entrepreneurs.
Student (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 15, 2015
The University health system, we fairly organized and employees seemed to really care about their patients as well as developing student therapists.
On the job training with help when needed. Fun and friendly co-workers
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 15, 2015
My day starts off reading e-mails that concern my work then I assemble the next days medical records for patient visits,
U of M from the inside
Sr. Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: leaving the job
I started working at U of M as a part-time position creating performance files for all of the current employees. When my mission was done I was offered a position in the property management area refurbishing old machines in preparation of Y2K. This is where I learned the ins and outs of computers. We were also in charge of inventory and delivery of new machines to all of the departments and hospitals in the U of M family. I loved my job, this job spoiled me for all future jobs. After nothing happened when the clocks rolled over into the year 2000 I was offered a position in the Help Desk at a significant pay cut. Hardest part of the job was remembering you were at work. The best part was just being at work.
productive and fun
MS SQL Server Developer/ BI Developer (Former Employee), MIMarch 3, 2015
This is probably the hardest job I've ever had but the staff and co-workers were the best group of people I have ever worked with in every level of management.
Majority of co-workers are great, team players
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility. wonderful manager.
Cons: paying to park where you work. not able to take a real lunch break.
This is a great place to work. I have learned a lot and taught a lot to others. This hospital continually works on improving working conditions and advances in health care.
Great Health System and Amazing Work Experience
Management Engineer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Though I only worked at UMHS for 18 months, the experience was fantastic and the people I worked with were some of the brightest, most dedicated I have ever worked with in my entire career.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, management
Cons: short breaks, very busy
The nursing culture at UMHS is unparalleled in my experience. There are resources available to nurses that allow more bedside care and superior communication with the interdisciplinary members of a patient's care team. Managament was very hands on and even took shifts on the floor so it really felt like they understood what a typical RN day was like.
I really enjoy working here.
Inpatient Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 6, 2015
The hardest part of the job is traveling from Toledo, Ohio to Ann Arbor, Michigan daily.
Environment of the Institution
Activation Support (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, benefits, facilities
Cons: parking is the only downfall
University of Michigan's Health Care System is by far one of the most efficiently run i've had the pleasure to be a part of. You gain a true sense of teamwork amongst staff. Everyone for the most part is polite & enjoy their experiences working their.
Lab Work
Pulmonary Lab Technician (Current Employee), Ann Arbor MINovember 25, 2014
I work in the lab now for years.
There is no real GROWTH unless you know the right people.

Managers... They are here until they retire.
Great Research Hospital
Student Researcher (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 18, 2014
Very famous and excellent research hospital. I'm a student researcher working in a lab that focuses on boimedical engineering in relation to Orthopedic Surgery
A great place to work
Trainer (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2014
I have worked for UMHS my whole adult working life. It is a great place to be with great people and even better benefits.
good place to work, too much drama, great patient and doctors
Medical Assistant Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work and wonderful coworkes
Cons: mangement
Busy clinic with about 60-100 patients a day. the staff is great and easy to work with. for the most part the commuation is good with all the staff. Hardest part is that you get atteched to the patients and their familys and it's hard to watch them get wrost with thier cancer.The patients are also the best part of the day, to see thier smile each and every time they come in. Even when the feel sick they always have a smile on thier face and love seeing the MA's.
MSW Intern
Master's of Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 18, 2014
• Completed rotation between Pediatric Liver Transplant Clinic and Pediatric Multi-specialty Clinics.
• Conducted psychosocial assessments within clinics.
• Facilitated communication between patient, families, and multidisciplinary teams.
• Developed and maintained accurate case records of each patient interaction.
• Maintained accurate documentation of patient goals, objectives, and interventions provided.
• Assisted patients and families with navigation of hospital system and addressing insurance concerns.
• Assisted patients and families with navigation of hospital system and insurance concerns.
Great People & Great Environment
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER FOR DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 14, 2014
World class management and wonderful environment. Not very fast-paced and perfect for a family-oriented individual.

1 2 3