University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

A Stressful Position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2016
No proper training, very stressful, and management is not supportive. There are not enough staff to handle all the calls coming in. Patients upset because their having to hold for 15-20 minutes to speak to someone. The nurses in the clinics aren't helpful and very rude. Think twice before working here.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Management, No support, and unorganized
Intake Representative (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2015
Schedule all appointments and/or procedures I’m responsible for, and other assigned duties. I’ve learned to get management as well as other coworkers involved to kind of push the nursing staff a little to help my patient get overdue medication refills. The hardest part of my job is when patient’s need are not being meet. The best part is when everything fall into place.
Pros
benefits such as tuition reimbursement the company offers to employees
Cons
not a lot of room for growth in the current position
Busy and energetic work place
CHILD- Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2015
Create your own curriculum, Fun staff to work with, Individual classrooms for teachers, 1-10 ratio, staff retention is high, Great for teachers just starting out in the field
Great place to work and growth .
Instrument Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2015
Very productive, I Learned a lot from work here at the u of m, this position gave me a chance to move on. I also enjoyed working with the staff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working nights
Worked under minimal supervision
Epic Clarity Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 13, 2015
Majorly word remotely from Boston. I was assigned for the Service Now Que were clinical supervisors submit their report request.
Being a report writer, I work on different report depending on TAT and priority flag. I'm capable of working on Crystal and SQL developer and SSRS. For new monthly reports I will attending meeting with the requester and educate them reading the database structure.
Pros
Best work culture ever worked
Cons
Hard to contact the team
this is a fun place to work
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2015
I truly enjoy providing care for our patients this is an exicting place to meet and greet people. and very clean and the hands on learning has been such and honor
Intake Rep
Intake Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MnSeptember 1, 2015
Scheduled patients for primary care and specialty appointments. The job requires medical comprehension and terminology as well as critical thinking.
Former Procedure Scheduler-Imaging Center
Procedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Imaging CenterAugust 5, 2015
Management and Front Desk needs a lot of improvement in the Imaging Center. Other departments we're very disrespectful to our group. Favoritism played a major part of the down fall of this area.Not surprised they continuously have openings. I would never work here again
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management, Front Desk Supervisior
Great company to work for.,
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2015
The start of the day consisted of turning on my pager, checking emails and voices messages. Pulling up provider schedules and flagging accounts to meet with families in need of assistance; Working on a large campus caused me to shuttle between facilities and clinic to provide services as needed, but I enjoyed it. I screened daily appointment schedules in search of added patients without insurance, referrals and preparing forms for patient meetings and collecting money for visits. I would touch bases with management as need to follow up in regards to difficult accounts. Worked with my co-workers, and staff in a very friendly environment. The hardest part of my job for me; was telling families they didn't qualify for programs that could have offset their financial responsibilities or the cost was greater than we anticipated. The enjoyable part of my job was meeting the families that I spoke with over the phone locally, and from other states, countries. When I'm able to give them great news about their application process. Also leaving my job to move to Georgia was difficult after working for the company for such a long time.
Loved the physicians
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work most days because I truly learned something every single day in each of the clinics I work. ENT was not just one specialty it was multiple different sub specialties that taught me things I still use in practice to this day.
Pros
a daily learning experiece
Cons
clinic management did not utilize their medical support staff to their best potential.
I loved my job....
Clinic staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2015
...but unfortunately had to leave due to the clinic director. This was a very toxic workplace developed and run by a sociopathic narcissist. Literally. This was allowed despite a complete revolving door of staff of 15+ people, and policies that harmed patients during the 2.5 years I was there. I stayed because I loved my patients and the job itself, but it became intolerable when I had to take antianxiety medication to go to work. The state of affairs was brought to UMP as well as the school by multiple staff, and nothing was done. Although my experience is clinic specific, I believe the experiences here reflects the overall culture of UMP as an entity and the fact that they are so intimately linked to the U of MN that they didn't advocate for employees, but let the U call the shots. So sad, they lost many great employees
Pros
excellent experience and opportunities for collaboration
Cons
see review
Quite place to work, office is not located where the clinics are.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisFebruary 19, 2015
Quite place to work, office is not located where the clinics are. There is one other office staff person. She is very helpful and competent.
Great bars, great location
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2014
My co-workers are not the best or most professional. I watch what I say or do because my team members are tell on you.

The management is bad, They don't know how to do your personal yearly review or as for a bigger budget for the department.
Pros
great bars and restaurants near by, near the light rail & bus stops
Cons
medical, management
Mental health Worker
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 22, 2014
I first read the background of the patients to get a better understanding of what I can do with them. Next, I plan my groups based on what the patients need to work on. I usually have three to four different ideas, in case my first plan doesn't work. I really enjoy working with the kids, because I see a lot of myself in them. Nevertheless, nothing makes me feel better then to see my patients get better.
Pros
the patients
Cons
part time
Quality Hospital atmosphere.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2014
My co-workers and associates were very warm and helpful caring people.
Pros
opportunity for advancements.
Cons
office politics.
Great leanring experience for first time Medical Assistants
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the patients and having the ability to assist with sterile procedures. I learned a variety of information and skills in all aspects of urology.
Great Place To Work
Clinic and Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2014
Had I not moved out of state I would have retired with this amazing company.
Health Unit Coordinator
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 14, 2014
Nice smaller hospital. Worked all the units including the Emergency Room which was my favorite. Learned alot, Most of the Drs were great. Busy units. Great co-workers
Pros
good pay, pick up hours, great staff
Cons
most nurse managers were not nice to work with
fun
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2014
working at fairview is one of the most life lesson job i ever had. because i had to work in a place every body is very professional alot of growing.
Great environment
Epic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  minnesotaMay 28, 2014
Great company and staff. Worked well with clinical staff including doctors, nurses, and other medical professional. Each day is hard work but the ultimate goal is to help the in-users master their workflow using Epic.