University of Minnesota Physicians

University of Minnesota Physicians Employer Reviews

Great leanring experience for first time Medical Assistants
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the patients and having the ability to assist with sterile procedures. I learned a variety of information and skills in all aspects of urology.
Great Place To Work
Clinic and Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2014
Had I not moved out of state I would have retired with this amazing company.
Health Unit Coordinator
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, pick up hours, great staff
Cons: most nurse managers were not nice to work with
Nice smaller hospital. Worked all the units including the Emergency Room which was my favorite. Learned alot, Most of the Drs were great. Busy units. Great co-workers
fun
pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2014
working at fairview is one of the most life lesson job i ever had. because i had to work in a place every body is very professional alot of growing.
Great environment
Epic Support Specialist (Former Employee), minnesotaMay 28, 2014
Great company and staff. Worked well with clinical staff including doctors, nurses, and other medical professional. Each day is hard work but the ultimate goal is to help the in-users master their workflow using Epic.
Free Items
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: raise
Cons: pay cut
Typical work day was busy, I learned how to make the patients happy in a tough situation, Management was very helpful and always listened, my co workers always came to work, the hardest part was when we got a pay cut, the most enjoyable part was when I was able to get a raise.
Small community hospital and a friendly place to work at
Contract Agency Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: able to take breaks
Taking care of patients with multiple injuries or illness. Constant communication with doctors and charge nurse. Learned on how to be a team player
good expeience
CNA (Former Employee), Dublin, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: decided to be come a nurse
worked as a cna for years. Took vital signs, gave total care to some residents, Made up beds. I learned that I would like to be a nurse
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: nothing
The staff and patient along with the doctors are great
great learning experience
CEO is very disconnected with employees, need new leadership from VP's and up
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 27, 2013
Pros: lower level managers work hard and try to make staff feel valued
Cons: hr is disconnected, it is non-existent
The current CEO likes no one, her leadership style is to intimidate people and she has no relationship with anyone in the company except her direct reports. The trickle down effect is toxic across the organization, people feel left in the dark about everything and scared for their jobs. They let wonderful talent walk out the door and keep the unaccountable. – more... The worst part as an employee is trying to figure out what belongs to UMP, Fairview or the U of M. Each has their own systems and departments and the clinic staff is expected to know how to navigate through it all. It is awful for patients too who don't understand it. Mostly they don't understand why they get multiple bills from multiple systems. There is little integrity in this organization, there are much better healthcare systems in the Twin Cities to chose from for employment. – less
It was very friendly
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible working hous
Cons: pay
Working place was great and kids were great. I just did not get paid enough for my time there so we had to part ways.
I enjoyed this job
Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2013
A typical shift looked like this;

1. Clock in and view the placements for the night
2. Prep your designated station
3. Before tray line would start all employees would gather and have a short meeting with the supervisor.
4. Tray line starts with the childrens floor for dinner and go up from there.
5. after the initial dinner service is over then we – more... break up into two groups. One group goes to the dish room and the other group heads upstairs to collect all of the food trays from the patients.
6. After all trays are collected and all dishes/ work stations are clean we clock out. – less
Histology work
Histotechnican (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2013
Daily histology routine of embedding, cutting, staining.
professional work enviornment
Women's Dual Diagnosis Counselor/Mental Health (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2013
Pros: nice professional colleagues
Cons: work load
professional / opportunity of growth and learning/many responsibilities/hardest part is the amount of responsibilities and most enjoyable was patient care.
Not as great as you would think
Patient Representative (Current Employee), MinneapolisMay 8, 2013
Pros: the patients you meet
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, paying for parking
Benefits are terrible. You'd think at such a huge company they would take better care of their employees, but it's not true. Management is a joke. They are either your worst nightmare, or non-existent making it hard to work with your unruly co-workers.
Not a place to get ahead
Still there (dont want to report yet) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: most of the physicians are great to work with, you can learn many things from these brilliant minds.
Cons: micromanaged, dictorial management; managers are controlling, you have to be in a clique to be successful
The management and the leadership are the worst I have ever worked for. The turnover rate there is unlike any other medical facility in the metro, and they simply don't care. Poor work environment. Many problems with management/HR and no room to grow. Physicians are excellent, management has the "my way or the highway" attitude. Healthcare benefits – more... are sub-par. Policy driven, poorly led corporate culture. – less
good place
CODING SPECIALIST & ADVISOR (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2013
comfortable work atmosphere not demanding of you and pretty much let you do your job and trust you can do it.
Productive and interesting place to work in the Transplant Office.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: you get coverage while your on vacation, sick etc.
Cons: not enough flexibility with the hours.
I enjoy the fact that I work in a high volume work environment which means I always have someting to do and never bored. My coworkers are 90% women which could be dangerous with the gossip and cliques. I tend to stay distant from the gossip and very much still sociable. The hardest part of my day is when I have to deal with other peoples attitudes of – more... how they approach me with a problem. They approach is sometimes hard to deal with however I learn to deal with it on a professional matter by handling the situation and taken them to the side to let them know that you can ask me in a better tone next time. I learned so much in the solid organ transplant over the 5 years of being employed. I enjoy learning new things about my job. – less
Great Workplace
Bilingual Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Fridley, MNJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities, pay
Cons: parking, management (fairview/not the u of m)
Overall actually a great place to work. However Supervisors Should Take Respect Classes and be Kinder with Employees, Supervisor does not mean friend but nor does it mean owner or enemy...come on now.
excellent company
Epic Support Specialist (Former Employee), illinoisDecember 28, 2012
awesome workplace. i gained vast experience working here.