University of Minnesota Physicians

University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

Loved the physicians
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: a daily learning experiece
Cons: clinic management did not utilize their medical support staff to their best potential.
I enjoyed coming to work most days because I truly learned something every single day in each of the clinics I work. ENT was not just one specialty it was multiple different sub specialties that taught me things I still use in practice to this day.
I loved my job....
Clinic staff (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent experience and opportunities for collaboration
Cons: see review
...but unfortunately had to leave due to the clinic director. This was a very toxic workplace developed and run by a sociopathic narcissist. Literally. This was allowed despite a complete revolving door of staff of 15+ people, and policies that harmed patients during the 2.5 years I was there. I stayed because I loved my patients and the job itself, but it became intolerable when I had to take antianxiety medication to go to work. The state of affairs was brought to UMP as well as the school by multiple staff, and nothing was done. Although my experience is clinic specific, I believe the experiences here reflects the overall culture of UMP as an entity and the fact that they are so intimately linked to the U of MN that they didn't advocate for employees, but let the U call the shots. So sad, they lost many great employees
Quite place to work, office is not located where the clinics are.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 19, 2015
Quite place to work, office is not located where the clinics are. There is one other office staff person. She is very helpful and competent.
Great bars, great location
Health Information Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great bars and restaurants near by, near the light rail & bus stops
Cons: medical, management
My co-workers are not the best or most professional. I watch what I say or do because my team members are tell on you.

The management is bad, They don't know how to do your personal yearly review or as for a bigger budget for the department.
Mental health Worker
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Lorain, OHNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: part time
I first read the background of the patients to get a better understanding of what I can do with them. Next, I plan my groups based on what the patients need to work on. I usually have three to four different ideas, in case my first plan doesn't work. I really enjoy working with the kids, because I see a lot of myself in them. Nevertheless, nothing makes me feel better then to see my patients get better.
Quality Hospital atmosphere.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancements.
Cons: office politics.
My co-workers and associates were very warm and helpful caring people.
Great leanring experience for first time Medical Assistants
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the patients and having the ability to assist with sterile procedures. I learned a variety of information and skills in all aspects of urology.
Great Place To Work
Clinic and Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2014
Had I not moved out of state I would have retired with this amazing company.
Health Unit Coordinator
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, pick up hours, great staff
Cons: most nurse managers were not nice to work with
Nice smaller hospital. Worked all the units including the Emergency Room which was my favorite. Learned alot, Most of the Drs were great. Busy units. Great co-workers
fun
pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2014
working at fairview is one of the most life lesson job i ever had. because i had to work in a place every body is very professional alot of growing.
Great environment
Epic Support Specialist (Former Employee), minnesotaMay 28, 2014
Great company and staff. Worked well with clinical staff including doctors, nurses, and other medical professional. Each day is hard work but the ultimate goal is to help the in-users master their workflow using Epic.
Free Items
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: raise
Cons: pay cut
Typical work day was busy, I learned how to make the patients happy in a tough situation, Management was very helpful and always listened, my co workers always came to work, the hardest part was when we got a pay cut, the most enjoyable part was when I was able to get a raise.
Small community hospital and a friendly place to work at
Contract Agency Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: able to take breaks
Taking care of patients with multiple injuries or illness. Constant communication with doctors and charge nurse. Learned on how to be a team player
good expeience
CNA (Former Employee), Dublin, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: decided to be come a nurse
worked as a cna for years. Took vital signs, gave total care to some residents, Made up beds. I learned that I would like to be a nurse
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: nothing
The staff and patient along with the doctors are great
great learning experience
CEO is very disconnected with employees, need new leadership from VP's and up
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 27, 2013
Pros: lower level managers work hard and try to make staff feel valued
Cons: hr is disconnected, it is non-existent
The current CEO likes no one, her leadership style is to intimidate people and she has no relationship with anyone in the company except her direct reports. The trickle down effect is toxic across the organization, people feel left in the dark about everything and scared for their jobs. They let wonderful talent walk out the door and keep the unaccountable. The worst part as an employee is trying to figure out what belongs to UMP, Fairview or the U of M. Each has their own systems and departments and the clinic staff is expected to know how to navigate through it all. It is awful for patients too who don't understand it. Mostly they don't understand why they get multiple bills from multiple systems. There is little integrity in this organization, there are much better healthcare systems in the Twin Cities to chose from for employment.
It was very friendly
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible working hous
Cons: pay
Working place was great and kids were great. I just did not get paid enough for my time there so we had to part ways.
I enjoyed this job
Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2013
A typical shift looked like this;

1. Clock in and view the placements for the night
2. Prep your designated station
3. Before tray line would start all employees would gather and have a short meeting with the supervisor.
4. Tray line starts with the childrens floor for dinner and go up from there.
5. after the initial dinner service is over then we break up into two groups. One group goes to the dish room and the other group heads upstairs to collect all of the food trays from the patients.
6. After all trays are collected and all dishes/ work stations are clean we clock out.
Histology work
Histotechnican (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2013
Daily histology routine of embedding, cutting, staining.
professional work enviornment
Women's Dual Diagnosis Counselor/Mental Health (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2013
Pros: nice professional colleagues
Cons: work load
professional / opportunity of growth and learning/many responsibilities/hardest part is the amount of responsibilities and most enjoyable was patient care.