University of Minnesota

University of Minnesota Employer Reviews

Excellent Education and Extraordinary Faculty
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Duluth, MNSeptember 23, 2014
As a recent graduate of the University of Minnesota Duluth I couldn't be more pleased with my experience at the University.
High-energy, results-oriented leader with exceptional interpersonal and organizational abilities.
Executive Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2014
• Provide administrative support for five regional medical directors, 2 Faculty surgeons for successful healthcare organization.
• Coordinate coverage for faculty practice, update dental standard operating procedures, heavy scheduling of OMS physician calendar management and OMS Faculty meetings
• Supervise the work of front desk scheduler, students – more... and temp worker communicate with department to insure payroll checks are correct and timely.
Monitor and regulate employees' use of sick days, vacation days, and unpaid leave.
• Oversee a wide variety of administrative functions, compile and analyze data from monthly reports to prepare director’s presentations to executive management.
• Code and Bill commercial insurance carriers for second requests when applicable, designate procedure codes and follow up on claim denials.
• Conduct in-depth business development research and compile results for review by surgery team.
• Manage office within budget guidelines according to School’s policy and procedures. Create presentations and schedule all executive-level meetings and travel.
• Prepare bi-weekly expense, time and travel reports. Manage invoicing and billing processes.
• Develop spreadsheets to improve quality and risk assessment initiatives.
• Reduced department travel expenses by $57,000 within first three months by identifying cost-effective travel agencies and negotiating vendor contracts
• Facilitate the enrollment of providers for Medicaid, Medicare, FFS and HMO/PPO. – less
Top-notch medical facility
RN (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: um east bank campus, bus route, train route, nurse autonomy, teamwork with physicians.
Cons: parking limited on campus-about $70/month.
Great place to work. On the University of MN campus, excellent facility, top doctors. Bonus at end of the year for up to 2 certifications. Patient centered care.
Life of a Graduate Research Assistant
Development of BLE applications (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2014
The job is flexible while you are expected to finish 20 hours of weekly work.
A great university to have ecudation
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 8, 2014
I got my Ph.D. in University of Minnesota
the most enjoyable was when problems were solved
A great opportunity to work by giving back to the community
teaching assitant (Former Employee), Duluth, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great working environment and self motivation/discipline
Cons: limited interaction
Working at the University of Minnesota was very flexible. I was able to work at my own pace by grading students and providing feedbacks to various assignments and questions. The hardest part of the job was not being able to see the students I worked with on a consistent basis as all the work was done online. Personally I enjoy working in an environment – more... in which I can interact with my coworkers as well as customers. I really enjoyed working here due to the flexibility that the job provided. – less
Great People
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 29, 2014
I really liked the work that I did and my boss was very help fun.
Great place to learn many skills.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: set schedule, skill building, nurturing environment, flexibility for students, deeply discounted tuition for your first 4 year degree
Cons: lots of downtime, time tracking, more managers than employees.
I love my job at the University of Minnesota! My only criticism is how top heavy the management and administration staff is. I suppose it is a common complaint when working for an academic institution, but the University of Minnesota seems especially administration laden.
Extremely rewarding job that teaches valuable skills.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 7, 2014
Many students at the University of Minnesota are given the opportunity to perform research with a faculty member. A typical day includes a few hours of research, and students generally have a weekly meeting with their advising faculty member. While research is not always the easiest task, particularly when it seems as though a new breakthrough will – more... never be made, it is very rewarding and allows students to learn valuable skills. In particular, students learn about perseverance, as well as learn interpersonal and analytic skills. Presenting what has been discovered at the end of the term is the most enjoyable part of this job; by that time, each student is an expert on their topic and they are given the opportunity to teach others what they have learned. – less
Good for Work Study
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 7, 2014
Very flexible and great bosses. Having coworkers being fellow students makes the work environment fun.
Enjoyed working with people
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with people
Cons: pay wasn't the best
Provide day to day supervision of trades people and over see the equipment in about 3.0 million square feet of buildings
Graduate School
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: advancement towards phd degree
Cons: minimal salary
Overall a good graduate school to attend. Experience is highly dependent on your particular adviser.
Great Exprience
Team Researcher - Surveyor & Data Entry (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: freedom of taking work home, and also working on your own time.
Cons: working outside in various temps.
Worked on a research team to provide information that goes to Metro Transit and MnDot. Surveyed selected candidates all over the metropolitan area. Scheduled and coordinated times with team about when and where to survey. Surveyed over 600+ candidates within a 3-month period. Took data and documented into system. Help give accurate data which is used – more... to increased the productivity and reliability of Metro transit the in future.

The work was very independent. It was a lot of on interaction with new people a,d being well with documenting the data we collected with every client. It was very flexible and we just had the deadline that had to be met. Probably one of the best jobs I had thus far. – less
Intern
Intern & Work Study (Former Employee), Crookston, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work
I learned a lot about the development side of the University. It was valuable information. I learned a lot about what it takes to have the opportunities we have on our campus.
Best place to work for a student
Research technician (Former Employee), St. Paul, MinnesotaJuly 20, 2014
A great opportunity to learn a lot when being a student, friendly and professional co-workers.
Great Student Job
Student Security Monitor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 20, 2014
Great job to get security experience. Worked around your school schedule.
In charge of day to day operations of a laboratory
Scientist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: liked the people
Cons: just worked there too long.
Performed chemical analyses. Tracked samples. Some data analysis.
Fun academic environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 9, 2014
Excellent environment where I was able to work one on one with faculty on a research project.
Friendly environment,
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Morris, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: less time to study
I loved my times there as a student employee. Administration was always ready to assist and my supervisor who was also my professor was very helpful and taught me a lot and instill a lot more professionalism and confidence in me.
Great Place to work
Accountant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 25, 2014
Your days here are filled with many different task. Which keeps this job very interesting.

1 2 3 4 5