University of Minnesota

University of Minnesota Employer Reviews

Good experience studing here
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Research Assistant has a very flexible time schedule. Besides course work and lectures, we typically work 5 to 6 hours a day, doing experiments or data analysis. Group meet every week to report the current progress to the Professor and discuss future plans. During the four years here, I've learned useful knowledge and methodology to study and investigate interesting topics and projects. The hardest part of the job is to find new opportunities and keep digging into them in a well studied research area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the achievement we can make to help people to have a better life through technological innovations.
Stimulative and innovative work environment
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Great experience I would recommend this to anyone. Friendly research environment and shared ideas. I learned a lot and met a lot of great people.
Good opportunities
Principle Secretary (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2015
Maintained Family Practice Residents database to ensure information was current. Managed scheduling of Grand Rounds for Physiologists and graduate students. Organized records for rotations at hospitals. Coordinated scheduling of seminar information including invitations and internet announcements. Set-up meetings and sent out invitations.
Productive and fun lace to work
Principle Office and Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not much room for advancment
Great place to work, great people to work with and good benefits
Great student teaching job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: short hours, easy work
Cons: students are sometimes annoying
Being a TA was easy work while a student at UMD. Gave me great insight and helped me build on my management skills. Working with geography tools and assignments were fun and helped everyone build their knowledge on beginning level geography.
U of M, Fairview is a place to call home.
Financial Case Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2015
Working for Fairview gives you a great feeling of being apart of a community helping others. I truly enjoyed working there and plan to go back if possible.
Exceptional environment to develop useful skills.
Research Fellow and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Morris, MNJanuary 6, 2015
In a typical day I would meet with the professor with whom I was working and we would go over research assignments and tasks that needed to be completed. We would then discuss class materials, e.g. grammar, the history of the English language, develop assignments, and modify existing assignments in an effort to make them as beneficial for the students as possible.
On my own, I would complete task prior to the established deadline, hold office hours in which I would assist students and answer questions, research relevant subject material, and compile my findings in an efficient, easy to understand format.
The hardest part of the job was time management as every aspect of it, if it was to be done well, required both time and effort. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to employ the skills I have learned and developed in my field of study in a relevant manner while also continuing to learn new, useful information.
This position encouraged me to pursue my passion of media, digital marketing, and curating live events
Marketing & Artist Relations Director (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 24, 2014
I would recommend this position to anyone with interests that align with my own.
Educational
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2014
Getting to watch students learn is the most rewarding feeling of this job.
Amble opportunity for growth
Data warehouse consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Excellent place to work and grow.Amble opportunity to study new things.Very good work culture
Productive and vibrant environment
Technical Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2014
I worked along side my teacher aiding students with access issues to the technological resources we used in that class. Wiki, twitter, blogs, online readings, posting on moodle (The University of Minnesota Online portal), etc.
Excellent growth and learning opportunities
Coordinator (Former Employee), Twin City CampusNovember 21, 2014
Pros: room for advancement and assistance with continuing education.
Cons: inconsistant hr policies and little central oversight.
The University of Minnesota is a collection of 18 colleges and over 160 centers and departments. Each is quite independent. Management and working conditions vary to a very large degree. Department heads and center supervisors are very independent. Thus working conditions depend very much on where you work and who you work for.

Over the course of several years my experiences with various departments and units ranged from the problematic to excellent. However the opportunities for advancement and continuing education are unparalleled. Benefits were excellent.

Salaries are a bit below average while the demand for quality is quite high. This is not uncommon in higher education.
Fun work place.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
• Teaching undergraduates statistical knowledge and helping them to solve academic problems.
• Working with professors and learning to teach and communicate more effectively.
class schedule and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, MNNovember 16, 2014
the management was great. we had laid back ours since most of us were students and we had a great support system
Sound Scientific work and interaction with Graduate Students & Professor
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2014
Friendly research environment and shared ideas. Stimulative and innovative work environment.
Awesome
Vice President of Administration and Finance (Former Employee), Duluth, MNNovember 11, 2014
Great experience I would recommend this to anyone. I learned a lot and met a lot of great people
Great Work Environment For All Walks of Life
Community Program Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2014
University of Minnesota's School of Public Health - Health Studies was a great department to work for. Very team-oriented work environment in which people from all walks of life collaborated productively to gather data that led to numerous findings that contributed to a growing knowledge base in regards to public health.

The study coordinators and principal investigators were approachable, always available, and a delight to work with as they created a positive work environment in which one could grow both professionally and personally.
Great Environment and Skill Building
Researcher (Former Employee), Crookston, MNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: just a summer internship
Typical day included researching LEAN topics and business that have used LEAN in the past.

Management was encouraging and knowledgeable in the filed of study.

Enjoyed learning about LEAN.
Fun busy productive work place
Food service Worker (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: one free meal for employees and benefits
Cons: contract comapny aramark
A typical day work consist of doing proper cleaning sanitation at work stations . Product receiving , daily food prep . assisting cooks and other employees if need be . Working in dinning areas providing assisting with outside dining room cleaning , beverage , any customer request .

What I have learned is a-lot of how -to cooking, cleaning ,temp logs and waste management and proper food handling and stocking .

Working with the University Of Minnesota was a great pleasure also working with great staff members of the university especially working in an education environment and they also provided 75% paid education to full-time employees .

The hardest part working with the university was working with a contract company called Aramark that the university signed on was not having the proper foods and product to perform our jobs when need be knowing its a 24/7 365 company we would get complaints from students and parents and trying to find ways to satisfy the customers which was done .

Best part of the job overall the university staff in uds (university Dinning service) and working with the students workers and meeting new people throughout the company .
Summer Intern
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2014
Work with many people but it was slow and didn't get on track until the end of the summer

1 2 3 4 5